If you’re looking for a new and SCRUMPTIOUS twist on this time-honored picnic food, try these avocado deviled eggs!
They’re from my collection of favorite low carb snack ideas that taste awesome, are easy, super quick to throw together, and look fantastic (if I do say so myself). I love taking these to outings with friends, or serving them as no carb snacks for family gatherings — they’re always a crowd pleasure, no matter your meal plan.
Ready to try these delectable avocado deviled eggs? Let’s dive in…
How to Make Avocado Deviled Eggs
All right, pull out that low carb shopping list and grab these avocado deviled egg ingredients from the store:
- A dozen eggs
- 2 avocados
- Lime juice
- Fresh garlic cloves
- 1 Jalapeno, you can skip for less spicy avocado deviled eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- Pork rinds, optional, for a crunch!
Boil your eggs as you would for hard-boiled eggs: add your eggs to a large saucepan and cover them in 1 1/2 inches of water. Bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
17 to 18 minutes is the perfect amount of time to firm the yolks for avocado deviled eggs.
Then, grab a bowl of water and ice and stick the eggs in there once the 18 minute timer is up. This will prevent them from continuing to cook.
Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel them.
This task can be pretty darn tedious, if you’d like to save yourself some time, place them back in the pot with a splash of water and secure the lid. Then vigorously shake the eggs! (check out this video for a visual)
Cut the eggs in half, and scoop out the yolks.
Now, let’s make the magic avocado deviled eggs filling! Kind of like making guacamole, we’ll mash the egg yolks and avocado together with the back of a fork, or an immersion blender (for ultimate creaminess).
Then, mix in the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and the spices.
Spoon this delicious filling into your prepared egg whites. Top your avocado deviled eggs with crushed pork rinds and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, and viola!
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
How to Eat These Easy Deviled Eggs
Aside from the obvious of enjoying these avocado deviled eggs by themselves, they can be served alongside a handful of low carb foods for more substantial low carb lunch ideas!
To name a few, here are some easy deviled eggs low carb meals I like to throw together:
- Keto Vegetables — Avocado deviled eggs work really well as a low carb snacks combo with sliced low carb vegetables — some of my faves for this include celery, bell peppers, or sliced cucumbers.
- Low Carb Bread — Of course, everything pairs well with bread. Toast up the best low carb bread in your recipe collection and enjoy!
How to Make Deviled Eggs for Meal Prep
Low carb meal prep is here to make our busy lives a little easier! And deviled eggs happen to be one of my favorite low carb recipes to load up on at the beginning of the workweek.
That said, these delish avocado deviled eggs will brown in the fridge, and will look a little less delish come meal time…
Here are a few tips and ideas to consider for how to make deviled eggs for meal prep!
- Squeeze extra lime juice over the avocado deviled eggs.
- Hard boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge up to a week after you cook them. To save time, prep boiled eggs ahead of time and mix your avocado deviled eggs filling when you’re ready.
Deviled Eggs Variations
While the avocado deviled eggs recipe below is one of our family-favorite deviled eggs variations, there are almost as many ways to whip up deviled eggs as there are stars in the sky! Here are a few other options for you:
I like to hard boil a big batch of eggs, and serve a few of these variations together:
1. Classic Deviled Eggs
Of course, the most obvious and easy solution is skipping the avocado and making classic deviled eggs instead! This is a better option for meal prep, as they won’t brown.
2. Deviled Egg Salad
Deviled egg salad is amazing! I love scooping this up and serving it on almond flour bread for sandwiches or piling it on a plate of spinach. To make it, just dice up your egg whites and mix it together with the avocado deviled eggs filling!
3. Deviled Eggs without Mayo
As you know, traditional deviled eggs call for mayo. In the recipe below, we’ll use creamy avocados instead — but if you’re looking for a more tradition deviled eggs without mayo recipe, try swapping mayo for low carb Greek yogurt.
4. Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Another tasty twist I love on these (or any deviled eggs recipe, really) is to sprinkle some freshly cooked bacon. This adds a little protein and a whole lotta flavor! And seriously, who’s going to say no to deviled eggs with bacon?
5. Cajun Avocado Deviled Eggs
And finally for a real flavor upgrade, turn these avocado deviled eggs into Cajun avocado deviled eggs! Sprinkle on some extra spice and bring on the heat.
Are These Keto Deviled Eggs?
HECK YES these avocado deviled eggs are! Since they’re made with low carb food list items (yes, avocados are considered keto fruits, due to their high fiber and fat content) they’re perfectly suitable as a keto deviled eggs substitute.
Are These Paleo Deviled Eggs?
You know it!! These paleo deviled eggs are low carb AND paleo approved — great for all eating plans.
Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Here we go friends! Let’s get cooking your new family favorite, amazingly delicious avocado deviled eggs! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and I hope you enjoyyy!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 12 Large Eggs
- 2 Haas Avocado* pitted
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Jalapeno deseeded and minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pork Rinds crushed, as a topping
- Cover eggs with 1 ½” of water in a large saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Set aside, and allow the eggs to cook like this for 18 minutes.
- While cooking, prepare a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Remove eggs from the saucepan into the bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon.
- Allow them to chill for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks from each egg and place them inside a large bowl.
- Add the avocado, and mash together with the back of a fork or an immersion blender.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cayenne pepper, and salt and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to add avocado and egg yolk filling to the center of each egg white.
- Sprinkle with crushed pork rinds / cayenne pepper, and enjoy!
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blod is strictly prohibited.