You know that I love deviled eggs, but I’m not sure I love any of the other versions as much as this spicy deviled eggs recipe! This low carb recipes a bit of a mash-up – think hot wings meet deviled eggs!
It’s phenomenal, with bold flavors and creamy textures that make an amazing snack or a perfect healthy breakfast! And with zero net carbs, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
This is one of those healthy recipes that’s so addictively delicious, you’ll make it again and again. Ready to become obsessed? Let’s start!
Besides being a fun upgrade on a classic favorite dish? Well…
- It’s made from easy to find, inexpensive, everyday ingredients!
- They’re ready in under an hour – in just minutes if you prep the eggs ahead of time!
- They have all the yummy, comforting, filling things we love about deviled eggs – with a kick!
This spicy deviled eggs recipe is SO easy, you’ll be making it weekly. Read ahead for a few tips to make them the best version of themselves.
A few simple ingredients bring this bold and mouthwatering dish to life! You may even have these in your pantry already:
Make sure your eggs are fresh and don’t be afraid to boil them ahead of time.
I love using an instant pot for this – add ½ cup of water to the pot, place eggs on the rack, and cook at high pressure for 6 minutes before moving them quickly to an ice bath. Don’t worry if you don’t have an instant pot – saucepan instructions are in the recipe.
Hot Sauce – If you’re eating low carb, check your labels! Hot sauce can often have sneaky carbs we want to avoid. Look for a hot sauce like Cholula, Tapatio or Tabasco with no added sugar.
Blue cheese – this unique cheese has a few trademarks – its blue hue and it’s slightly strong smell! Something you may not know? It’s totally packed with calcium, more than most other cheeses. And it is the perfect complement for hot foods, making it perfect for these spicy deviled eggs!
Old Bay – Here’s the deal, I find traditional deviled eggs to be a bit boring at times because there’s a large piece of eggwhite with virtually no flavor. So I like to sprinkle my egg whites in some sort of seasoning.
Old bay is great here because it’s a spice mix, so you don’t get too much of one spice in every bit.
You can leave it out! Or swap for your favorite spice mix. If you leave out the Old Bay, be sure to add 1/4 more teaspoon of salt to the filling.
Spicy deviled eggs are a cinch to make, but there is one little warning when making them. If you’re not going to be eating immediately, wait to assemble them.
Go ahead and mix up your filling and have your egg whites ready to go, but hold off on filling these low carb snacks until right before serving. Often, water condenses on the egg white, adding unnecessary liquid to the filling and making it separate.
Can You Freeze Them?
Unfortunately, these spicy deviled eggs are a bit on the picky side. While they can stand to be refrigerated, they don’t do well frozen. Neither eggs nor mayonnaise freezes well, and these yummy bites will turn into a gooey wet mess when they thaw.
Thankfully, these snacks are ready in a snap!
Meal Prepping Tips
This spicy deviled eggs recipe makes 12 servings – great for a crowd or for meal prepping. The best way to use these as a low carb snack while meal prepping is to keep them in two airtight containers in the fridge and assemble when you’re ready to eat!
Pair them with some romaine leaves or celery sticks for a nutritionally balanced, quick and easy lunch!
This spicy deviled eggs recipe is already a variation, and you can bet there are even more ways to make it your own!
How Can I Make These Spicier?
Looking to amp up the heat? You can always add more hot sauce, or drizzle additional sauce on top right before serving. If you want to add even more kick, add some additional cayenne, or add some peppers like in these jalapeno deviled eggs.
Can I Make These Without Mayo?
Yup, there are definitely ways around using mayo. But deviled eggs long for fat, so you’ll need to get a little creative. Check out this recipe for deviled eggs without mayo, where I use greek yogurt as the dressing instead.
Can I Turn These Into A Salad?
Can I Grill These?
Grilling the egg white over a flame is an amazing way to add some additional yummy flavor without any added calories or carbs! These smoked deviled eggs make an impressive appetizer for a get-together – or just do the few extra steps for yourself!
You won’t be sorry!!
How Can I Make These Healthier?
These spicy deviled eggs are already ideal healthy snacks – they’re filling, they’re loaded with protein and have no carbs! They go super well with nutrition-packed veggies like leafy lettuces, crisp celery, or with carrot sticks.
You can also add in some chopped bell pepper for more veggie nutrients! If you want even more healthy fat, try my lush and creamy version of avocado deviled eggs!
Spicy Deviled EggsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Old Bay* about 1 packet
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Celery finely chopped
- Bring the eggs to a boil in a large pot, covered with 1 1/2" of water.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat and secure the lid. Set aside and allow the eggs to cook like this for 18 minutes.
- Once cooked, place eggs in a large bowl with water and ice to prevent them from cooking longer.
- After the eggs have cooled enough to handle, peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour the Old Bay onto a large plate.
- Dip the cut side of each of the egg whites into the Old Bay, then place them cut side up on a plate.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork along with the mayonnaise, salt, and hot sauce.
- Add blue cheese and celery and stir together using a rubber spatula.
- Taste test the filling to ensure it's as spicy as you would like. If you want it to be spicier, add more hot sauce, OR (do what I did...) and drizzle additional hot sauce on top once assembled.
- Scoop the filling into each of the egg whites. Enjoy!
Did you find that these spicy deviled eggs make a perfect low carb breakfast?? I have a few more options like them – check out these other recipes!
- Classic Deviled Eggs. It’s a classic for a reason!
- Crustless Quiche Lorraine. You won’t miss the crust with this creamy and cheesy variation.
- Deviled Eggs With Bacon. Bacon makes EVERYTHING taste better.
- Deviled Eggs With Relish. Another classic upgrade.
- Grain Free Granola. SO easy to make!
I’ll bet these spicy deviled eggs are the enhanced version on the original you didn’t even know you were longing for! Let me know in the comments what you think of this kicky low carb snack!