These ham roll ups make for mouthwatering and addictive high protein low carb snacks!
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping low carb snacks at home, or taking to a potluck or party for low carb appetizers. I love bringing something along that I KNOW I can munch on, and this low carb recipes the perfect fit.
Creamy cheese and tangy pickles pair perfectly with this salty ham, and you guys, they just look so fancy! They make for great healthy, quick, low carb lunch ideas or snacks to have on hand. You’re gonna love them!
These scrumptious roll ups are super easy to eat on the go, plus:
- Simple ingredients – you most certainly have these in your fridge/pantry right now!
- Ready in 15 minutes, maybe faster!
- A tasty, satisfying snack that hits all the right notes to keep your cravings in check!
This ham roll ups recipe is insanely easy, and super customizable!
This recipe uses simple ingredients, but they’re ones that highlight each other really well!!
Ham – The first ingredient in these ham and cream cheese roll ups is, of course, HAM! You’ll want a thickish slice of ham for this recipe, not shaved.
If you’re eating low carb (like me!!) avoid brown sugar or honey hams, the glaze on those can add unnecessary sugar to this recipe.
Cream Cheese – This is, as the name implies, a soft cheese. It’s mild, creamy, a little tangy, and makes a great spread for our lunch meat.
Herbs – Fresh or freezer dried will work here. You can add whatever herbs you have on hand, however, chives and shallots are my faves!
Pickles – Pickles are sweet, tangy and SO delish! They pair amazingly well with salty meats and are perfect for these creamy ham roll ups.
They’re super easy to find in the store, but if you don’t have them on hand, you can use cornichon or whatever pickled veggie you had on hand.
Tools To Make
You just need one very basic tool to make these yummy ham roll ups – a knife! This will help you cut your pickles, and cut the roll ups into slices (if you decided to slice them).
If serving this as an app, grab some toothpicks.
Ham and cheese are both perishable, so store these roll ups in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat.
If serving them as an app, place a toothpick in the center, and serve them on a platter.
This simple recipe is easy to customize just how you like, or with the ingredients you have on hand! Here are a few ways you can switch things up:
- Add more vegetables. Add different types of low carb vegetables to the center of your roll ups. We know from these amazing cucumber sandwiches that cukes and cream cheese are a great pair. We LOVE using pepperoncinis in the middle, like in these Italian sub roll ups.
- Use Other Kinds Of Cheese. If you’d like something other than cream cheese, you’ll want to grab a soft, spreadable low carb cheese, such as goat cheese or a cheese spread like Boursin. You could also use a low carb cheese sauce instead, for a whole different take!
- Use Different Kinds Of Meat. Try using sliced chicken and hot sauce for buffalo chicken roll ups, or turkey with bell pepper or roast beef roll ups. Make a variety to keep things interesting! One of our favorites is smoked salmon roll ups… YUM!
Looking for more no bake appetizer like these yummy ham roll ups? Here are all kinds of ways to spice up your day!
Ham Roll UpsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Chives minced
- 16 Slices Deli Sliced Ham I used smoked
- 8 Pickle Spears cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, cream softened cream cheese (8 Ounces) and minced chives (1/4 cup) together until soft and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Lay deli sliced ham (16 slices) down, then spread cream cheese mixture over the top of each slice.
- Place pickle (1) spear in the center of each slice of ham.
- Roll tightly.
- Repeat until you've used all ingredients.
- Slice each roll up in half, and enjoy!