Friends, this is a dangerous recipe, because these Italian sub roll ups are, in a word, ADDICTIVE.
Pepperoni, pepperoncinis, red onions, vinaigrette – these ham roll ups come together to make low carb snacks that I literally daydream about!
High in protein and healthy fat – this low carb recipes perfect for a quick meal on the go or for meal prepping low carb lunch ideas. The flavors complement each other so well, and it’s ready almost as soon as you decide you want to eat it.
This meal is a no-brainer. Let’s get going!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get great new recipes from us every week!
Well, these guys are UTTERLY scrumptious, plus:
- 5 inexpensive ingredients, plus an easy homemade sauce!
- Ready in 15 minutes, so you can snack as soon as you’re hungry!
- All the flavors we crave in a sandwich, no carbs need apply!
Ready to get all those yummy sub flavors rolled into easy to eat bites? Let’s do this!!
Basic sandwich ingredients – with a healthy new twist!
Provolone – Provolone is a wonderful keto cheese that adds some nice flavor to these rollups. If you want, you can use a different cheese, like mozzarella, swiss, or cheddar. We just want a cheese that’ll get nice and melty so we can use it as a “glue” to keep our rollup, well, rolled up!
Pepporncinis – I love these spicy pickles, they are tasty on their own and add a delicious punch to lighten this meat-heavy dish.
Tools To Make
All you need for this easy Italian sub roll ups recipe is an oven and baking sheet. We’re making an outer wrap out of the ham and melted cheese, so we’ll use the broil function on the oven to melt the cheese quickly and easily.
These Italian sub roll ups are one of my favorite keto lunch ideas and keto appetizers. Only 1 net carb a roll, these are perfect for prepping out and keeping on hand for a fast and satisfying meal with carbs to spare!
Store leftover roll ups in the fridge in an airtight container, or portion out a few along with some healthy veggies for a flavorful, well balanced meal in no time.
- If you want to add an extra layer of crunch, us Romain leaves and turn these into low carb lettuce wraps or cabbage wraps!
- If you’re missing that sub bread, there are options. Try layering the meats and cheese in keto tortillas or keto wraps before rolling them up.
- Not a ham fan? You can make these into turkey roll ups instead by swapping the lunch meat. Or, try chicken breast!
- Use keto sandwich bread to make these into more of a traditional sub! Layer the ham, cheese, and salami, then add the fixins’!
- Add some keto vegetables into your Italian sub roll ups, like bell pepper slices, avocado, or carrot shreds.
Looking for some more easy appetizer like these Italian sub roll ups? These other keto bites are perfect for an appetizer that are both delicious AND satisfying:
Italian Sub Roll UpsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 24 Slices Deli Meat Traditionally, this would be 8 each of ham, mortadella, and capicola. I use 24 slices of ham and we love it!
- 2 Cups Provolone shredded
- 12 Slices Salami cut in half
- 1/4 Cup Pepperoncinis
- 1/4 Cup Red Onions
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Iceburg Lettuce chopped
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Lay 2 slices of meat (2 ham, or 1 ham and 1/2 mortadella, and capicola) on a baking sheet. Repeat until you've covered the baking sheet, without overlapping.
- Sprinkle shredded provolone (2 cups) over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2-4 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Careful! These can burn easily at this temp.
- Prep your ingredients, we'll want to work quickly once the cheese is melted.
- Stir red wine vinegar (1 teaspoon), olive oil (1 teaspoon), and dried oregano (1 teaspoon) together.
- Place salami (2 cut pieces) on the top of the melted cheese. Brush with the oil/vinegar combo. Sprinkle with pepperoncinis (1/4 cup), red onions (1/4 cup) and chopped lettuce -- making sure to keep all the ingredients on 1/2 of the piece of meat, we'll be using the cheese as a "glue" to hold everything together.
- Once the meat has cooled enough to handle roll each piece as tightly as possible. Place the roll ups seam side down on a plate and set aside, allowing the cheese to cool and harden.
- Slice each roll up in half. You can place a toothpick in the center of each half to make sure they stay together. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional Information is based on 1/2 a roll up, and was calculated using all ham: