Sometimes I just need something crunchy, and this cheese crackers recipe helps me whip up low carb snacks I can eat without a worrying thought!
That’s really something I need more of in life – low carb recipes that let me keep low carb crackers a part of my everyday rituals, and these crispy, salty crackers are the absolutely perfect fit!
You’ll love their easy bite, their addictive crunch, PLUS they’re one of the easiest high protein low carb snacks out there!
Enough already, let’s start!
This yummy cheese crackers recipe is phenomenal:
- 5 – count em, FIVE ingredients?! And one is optional!
- Ready for snacking in under an hour!
- These crackers are super addictive! Crunchy, salty, dreamy!
These cheese crackers have simple ingredients with a few fancy techniques, but I promise, you’ll be busting these out in no time!
- Shredded Cheese – You can buy shredded cheese at the store, but if you have any food allergies, watch out for additives like anti-caking agents. You can shred any cheese you desire yourself, allowing a lot of variety with this recipe. Think of all the combinations!
- Almond flour – this amazing alternative to wheat flour is practically perfect in every way. Made of ground almonds, its low in carbs and, when finely ground, is a perfect replacement for regular flours.
Tools To Make
These baked cheese crackers need a few special tools to get them into your hands and ready for snacking:
- Food processor – this multi-functional tool is good for SO many things! Chopping, dicing, pureeing, and, my fave, mixing dough! That’s what we’re going for here – slowly pulsing the ingredients together will bring together a smooth dough that’ll be easy to roll out to cracker size.
- Rolling pin – These can be metal, wood, stone, even glass! The point is to apply even pressure all over the dough to roll it thin. In a pinch, I’ve used a tall drinking glass.
- Parchment paper – this is different from wax paper, which is not oven safe. This paper will help your crackers bake up nice and crispy and not stick to the pan.
- Pizza cutter – this radial cutter makes it easy to get even lines. You can use a knife instead, but it will not be as effortless, and honestly, not as fun.
Store these yummy, flakey bites in an airtight container in the fridge for low carb appetizers that are ready when you are!
Can You Freeze Them?
You can freeze cheese crackers to keep them fresh longer. Simply pack in an airtight freezer bag and then a layer of aluminum to protect them from frost. Don’t forget to label them!
Thaw them at room temperature, and you have a snack ready to go!
Psst — freezing them will cut down on their crispiness!
Here are a couple of ways to mix up this classic cheese crackers recipe:
- Add flaxseed. Instead of the egg, mix 1 Tbsp ground flax, plus 3 Tbsp water in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes. Then add to recipe as you would an egg. Or try this flax seed crackers recipe for a different crunchy cracker!
- Use different types of low carb cheese. Parmesan is a great addition to this recipe (parmesan crisps anyone!?) as well as cheddar, pepper jack, whatever MELTABLE variety you’re craving!
Cheese CrackersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Cups Meltable Cheese shredded. I use mozzarella, cheddar and jack would both be delicious
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary fresh, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and combine until ingredients form into a ball.
- Remove ball from the food processor using a rubber spatula and sandwich it between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a thin and even layer about ¼" thick — the thinner the dough the crunchier the cracker.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 1.5" square crackers (to easily use nutritional information, you'll want to cut 45 even crackers). Clean the pizza cutter with a damp paper towel between each cut.
- Place cut crackers on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges start to crisp up and lightly brown
- Carefully flip crackers using a spatula, and cook on this side until golden brown -- about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove crackers from the oven, and allow them to cool slightly. Then use the pizza cutter to cut your crackers along the perforated edge.
- Crackers will continue to crisp as they cool. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Need more low carb crackers in your life? I get that! Try these delicious versions, I’ll bet there is a favorite no carb snacks ahead!
- Fathead Crackers
- Deviled Eggs With Bacon
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Ham Roll Ups
- Deviled Eggs without Mayo
These cheese crackers are about to take your healthy snacking to new levels. Comment below with your favorite time to have this salty snack! Hope you enjoyyy!