Melted cheddar cheese, rolled up in a slice of roast beef and stuffed with sauteed veggies, these roast beef roll ups are one of those low carb lunch ideas you’ll want to keep on REPEAT!
Because ham roll ups are great and all… but this low carb recipes definitely the upgraded version…
Full of gooey cheeeese, healthy protein and fat while totally LOW IN CARBS! Plus, this low carb snacks portable, great for meal prep, and so stickin’ easy to make!
Come on! Let me show you!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get great new recipes from us every week!
All. The. Things! But if you want specifics, these roast beef roll ups are one of our family fave because they’re…
- So easy to make! Literally, it’s a bake, layer, and roll kind thing, and should take you TOPS 10 minutes of prep.
- Incredibly tasty. Between the gooey cheese, slightly sweet sauteed veggies, and roast beef, these bitty roast beef roll ups are full of so much flavor, it’s shocking!
- Perfect for meal prep. No matter my goals, I NEVER have time to make lunch. So meals like this one (that store well in the fridge) are perfect for busy workweeks!
- I know this doesn’t apply to everyone, but this is one of our favorite camping meals to pack in the cooler. We toss all the roast beef roll ups in a ziplock bag — they’re great cold and perfect for roadside lunches.
Seriously, guys, there’s not much to these roast beef roll ups… here’s whatcha need to know!
Sliced roast beef – You want deli-sliced beef that’s easy to roll. Make sure not to get too thin of a cut, or your roll ups will have a hard time staying together.
Cheese – I use shredded keto cheese, but presliced will work as well.
Veggies – My fave keto vegetables for these roast beef roll ups are onions and bell peppers. Cut them so they’re roughly the same size (this will ensure they cook evenly).
Want to class these up into a pretty appetizer? Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley on top, or serve them over a bed of greens.
Not feeling one of the ingredients listed below? Here are a few ways to switch things up!
- Use a different kind of meat. Roast beef and chedda go together like PB + J in my book, but both of these are easy to mix and match based on what you have in the pantry! Try sliced chicken, ham, or turkey.
- Want to beef (pun intended) these roast beef roll ups up a bit? Try placing your ingredients inside my keto tortillas or keto wraps for a heartier meal.
- OR! Make lettuce wraps! Low carb lettuce wraps are as easy as piling the ingredients below inside a large leaf of lettuce.
- You can even use these ingredients to make a sandwich — check out my keto sandwich bread. Option to melt the cheese directly on top, and get creative with additional toppings (mayo, mustard, more veggies, oh my!).
Looking for more low carb lunches to keep in your wheelhouse? Here are some of our family favorite picks:
Roast Beef Roll UpsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Bell Pepper thinly sliced + deseeded
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- Cooking Spray
- 8 Slices Roast Beef
- 1 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss bell pepper (1 thinly sliced + deseeded) and red onions (1/2 thinly sliced) in cooking spray and baking in a preheated oven and until softened to your liking (I cook them for 15 minutes).
- Lay roast beef (8 slices) in a single layer on a baking sheet and evenly distribute cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven until cheese just melts, about 5 minutes.
- Allow meat/cheese to cool for about 5 minutes (until you're able to handle them), then work quickly before the cheese hardens -- place veggies on one end of the roast beef and roll up over the veggies.
- Slice roll-ups in half or enjoy whole. Option to place a toothpick in the center, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is for 1 roll up if you slice each roll ups in half: