These smoked salmon roll ups are a quick and easy lunch option, gorgeous app, or delicious snack… basically they’re great ALL.THE.TIME.
Kind of a riff on low carb sushi, this low carb recipes packed with flavors and textures that make them super satisfying to eat.
I love low carb fish recipes because they’re perfect for literally any meal. Want a savory breakfast? Done. A light dinner? Ready! And this handheld salmon salad makes a beautiful and delicious appetizer for a party.
Plus, it’s ready in 15 minutes! This dish is a superstar.
Let’s get started!
These smoked salmon roll ups are a delicious guilt free sushi snack! Plus:
- Just a few inexpensive ingredients!
- Ready in 15 minutes!
- Easy to customize for your favorite sushi flavors!
Sushi feels like a fancy treat, but with basic ingredients and everyday tools, you are only minutes away from these smoke salmon roll ups – plus they’re only 1g net carbs!
We’ll balance some creaminess with some crunch and a little bit of acid for a perfectly scrumptious dish!
Cream cheese – We’ll whip up this low carb cheese to make a nice fluffy filling that is heavenly.
Cucumber – This adds some crunch and heft to each bite! You could also swap this out with other low carb vegetables, if you prefer! Get crazy!
Avocado – yummy, green goodness! This adds a wonderful creaminess to our rolls, plus some great nutrients!
Lemon zest – Use a microplane or the small side of a grater to get some of the bright yellow flavedo… Stop when you get to the white pith – it’s bitter.
Smoked salmon – Never bought smoked salmon before? We’ve all been there once. You can find it in the grocery store — look for it near the deli section.
Tools To Make
A few simple tools will take making this recipe from easy to effortless.
- Electric mixer – You’re going to want to use one of these to whip your filling up. You could always mix it by hand, but using a whisk mixer will let you get some air in there and really fluff it up and make it super creamy and decadent.
- Plastic wrap – Bet you didn’t know this was a sushi-making must! Laying out your ingredients on a sheet of this will help put the “roll” in your smoked salmon roll ups!
- Knife – We’ll pop the salmon in the freezer for a minute to help the cream cheese harden slightly, but a sharp knife is going to make cutting up your rolls a whole lot easier.
When it comes to low carb lunch ideas, I want my meals to be fast, easy, and inexpensive! Check, check, check – these smoked salmon roll ups are all of that, plus they’re tasty as all get out!
Not only are they great for lunch, but these make awesome low carb appetizers if you’re hosting a shindig. You can make all sorts of varieties, and they’re so low in carbs, you can handle having a few different kinds.
- Out of smoked salmon? No worries, you can use all kinds of meats in a roll up. Check out my ham roll ups or these loaded Italian sub roll ups!
- Want to add a little kick? You can always make the filling spicy with hot sauce or spices. Check out some of the flavors I use in these buffalo chicken roll ups.
- Really craving that wrap? Not a problem. Try wrapping your fish and filling in an almond flour tortillas or other low carb tortillas.
- You can also turn these smoked salmon roll ups into a sandwich. Like a smoked salmon sandwich, you’ll want to layer up your ingredients with some regular or low carb bread.
Need some more ideas for fish recipes? These are some of my go-to recipes – give them a try!
Smoked Salmon Roll UpsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons Chives minced + divided
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 8 Ounces Smoked Salmon
- 1/2 Avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip softened cream cheese (1/2 cup), minced chives (2 tablespoons), and lemon zest (1 tablespoon) together until the cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Sprinkle plastic wrap with sesame seeds (2 tablespoons).
- Place salmon (8 Ounces) slices over the sesame seeds. Overlap the slices to form a 10 x 6" rectangle.
- Spread whipped cream cheese over the top of the smoked salmon.
- Place sliced avocado (1/2 thinly sliced) and cucumbers (1/2) in the center of the rectangle.
- Use the plastic wrap to help you roll smoked salmon.
- Toss roll up in the freezer for 10 minutes (this will make slicing easier/neater).
- Slice into 12 pieces, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Avocados. Go for haas! They’re higher in fat, creamier and WAY more delicious than regular (sorry Florida 😘).
- Nutritional information is for 1 slice if you cut these roll-ups into 12 slices: