If you’ve been craving sushi lately, you’ll go crazy for these spicy tuna salad rolls!
This tuna salad has the flavors you love with almost none of the carbs! These make great low carb lunch ideas, and you can customize them however you want.
I love taking recipes like low carb salads and transforming them into new dishes, like these rolls!
Mixing helps to not get bored eating the same kind of low carb recipes all the time – you can eat something new every day if you want, although these are so good, they’ll probably be a fave!
These spicy tuna salad rolls have a lot of my favorite ingredients, plus:
- It’s super fast – 10 minutes and you’re at the table!
- Totally customizable – want to add carrots, bell peppers, sprouts? Do what you love!
- Packed with flavor, but super good for you. Win-win-win!
Ready for the easiest lunch in the world? This recipe takes literally less than 15 minutes!
Basic tuna salad ingredients – reimagined!
Tuna – Canned tuna makes this recipe a breeze! Simply drain and flake it out (I like to use a fork for this) to make for a nice fluffy salad.
Hot sauce – we need to add the “spicy” to this spicy tuna salad! There are a lot of low or no carb hot sauce options. Use your favorite or try something new, just check the label to watch for added sugars.
Tools To Make
You need just a few simple kitchen tools for this easy recipe.
- Peeler – Use a mandoline, or a vegetable or Y peeler to get nice, even slices of cucumber. Once it gets too thin, discard and do the other side.
- Fork – as I mentioned earlier, this is the best way to get flaky, fluffy tuna salad. Plus, it’s way more effective for mixing in all of your salad ingredients.
While there’s no real cooking involved, I do have a few tips for making this recipe as simple as possible.
- Roll up, roll out! – Lay the cucumber slices flat and leave a bit bare on the end so it’s easy to roll up.
- Chop Chop – Cut your veggies small so that your spicy tuna salad isn’t too bulky.
- Slice, slice, baby – Cut your avocado slices as wide as your cucumber roll slice to make your rolls nice, tidy, and easy to eat!
This spicy tuna salad rolls recipe makes 12 roll ups, so plan accordingly nutrition-wise. These make a fast and delicious meal. I love to have them with some low carb chips or low carb crackers for extra crunch.
- Want to skip the cream cheese? There are tons of options. Use Greek yogurt, as I do in my tuna salad without mayo recipe, or swap for mashed avocado like in this avocado tuna salad.
- Feel free to load up on some more low carb vegetables! Just watch proportions, too many additives, and your spicy tuna salad will want to fall apart. You can also pile your salad into romaine or butter lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps that are super satisfying!
- There may not be a more classic lunch than a tuna sandwich! Use some low carb bread, and layer cucumber, avocado slices, and your spicy tuna salad mix.
- This recipe is insanely flexible – swap the tuna out for a whole new dish! Try making spicy chicken salad roll ups, or use my buffalo chicken salad as the base.
- Skip rolling and make it a cucumber sandwich for a delightfully crunchy option!!
Spicy Tuna Salad RollsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 5 Ounces Can of Tuna drained and flaked
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions white + pale greens chopped
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- Cut the ends off the cucumber and slice in half lengthwise.
- Use a veggie peeler to slice the cucumber into long thin strips. Once the cucumber gets too thin to slice, discard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and hot sauce.
- Stir in the tuna and onions until well combined.
- Taste, and adjust heat/salt to your liking.
- Lay each slice of cucumber down in a single layer, on a flat surface.
- Spread tuna combo over the top of each slice, leaving 1" of cucumber at the end without tuna.
- Place a slice of avocado at the end of the cucumber, and roll the cucumber tightly over the avocado. Repeat until you've used up all the cucumber slices, tuna, and avocado.
- Serve with additional hot sauce, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Looking for some more salad recipes? I have ideas for you! Check out some of these quick, flavorful favorites:
- Mexican Chicken Salad – Taco Tuesday, salad version! It’s amazing!
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad – This salad could not be easier, using pre-roasted rotisserie chicken!
- Ahi Tuna Salad – Step up your tuna game with this upscale ahi version.
- Tuna Salad Recipe with Egg – This salad is the best of both sandwich worlds!
- Avocado Chicken Salad – Creamy avocado makes this chicken salad super lush and delicious!
I hope these spicy tuna salad rolls are the quick and easy lunch you were hoping for!
Did you swap any ingredients, or add some extra veggies? Leave me a comment and let me know!