Low carb salads have never tasted as warm and inviting as this delicious Thai chicken salad recipe!
Because low carb chicken recipes for salads can be boring, but this Thai infused low carb recipes far from it! Full of herbs and mix-ins with varied textures and flavors — this low carb chicken salad full of SO many goodies, no two bites will taste the same!
This Thai chicken salad recipe is one of the shining stars of all my chicken salad recipes and I just know you’re going to love it too! The puckery peanut sauce and sweet mango are out of this world delicious!
Let’s get started!
I absolutely love the flavor-packed peanut sauce that gives this Thai chicken salad recipe its full-bodied flavor. I’ve always been a fan of peanut sauce and I can’t think of anything more special to use it in than a Thai inspired chicken salad.
This recipe is so easy to throw together it’s amazing! And the layers of flavor will put a sparkle in your eye. Here are more reasons to love it!
- 3 simple steps to Yum!
- Sweet peanut sauce
- Plenty of tasty textures
- No crazy kitchen gadgets
- Lots of fresh herbs
This Thai chicken salad recipe is so over the top tasty, you won’t believe it’s a healthy chicken salad! The layers of flavor are built-in, but they tend to develop more over time.
Peanut Butter – To keep this Thai chicken salad recipe low carb, you’ll want to use a low carb peanut butter (a product without added sugar). Simply read the label, or check out my guide for fave brands!
Ginger – Next is ginger. For this recipe, it’s best to use fresh ginger and peel it before grating. It’ll give your peanut sauce that extra warm inviting bite that says, Thai!
Sweetener – I’m sure you noticed that this recipe calls for liquid stevia where a large majority of recipes call for honey or brown sugar. Feel free to use what you have, I use keto sweeteners to cut the carbs and keep the dressing close to sugar-free.
Tools To Make
Here’s the beauty of this recipe. No crazy gadgets! You only need a few simple items to make this incredible Thai chicken salad:
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Knife and cutting board
Storing your Thai chicken salad recipe is as simple as tossing it in an airtight container with a secure lid and popping it in the fridge. This chicken salad actually makes an amazing mason jar salad that’s perfect for your weekly low carb lunch ideas!
If you’re making this ahead of time, stash your dressing and salad separately so your Thai chicken salad doesn’t get soggy while it waits to be eaten.
My favorite way to eat this chicken salad is, welp, in a bowl with a fork! But you can get fancy. Here are a few ideas:
- Make a Thai chicken salad sandwich with your favorite bread! I’m all about low carb sandwich bread here, and a bit of extra dressing.
- Eat the salad cradled in a leaf of lettuce ala low carb lettuce wraps.
Tweaking this Thai chicken salad recipe to suit your personal taste and dietary needs is so simple! There are so many different things you can do, here are a few ideas for you:
- Add in your favorite low carb vegetables. I use traditional Thai salad veggies in the recipe below, but you can add whatever you’re craving. Try chopped spinach, green lettuce or kale (ala massaged kale salad)
- Add some heat to the dressing! Add some Thai chilis or minced jalapeno (like a jalapeno coleslaw!), taste, and adjust the heat/seasoning to your liking.
- Swap the protein. You can easily turn this into a vegetarian version with cooked+flaked fish or canned tuna (like my avocado tuna salad). You can also skip the meat altogether.
- Swap the nuts. Since I wanted to keep this recipe low carb, I decided to use peanuts instead of cashews (which don’t make the low carb nuts list). Use whatever you prefer here.
Thai Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Low Carb Peanut Butter no added sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mild Tasting Oil (see notes below) sunflower, avocado, or a neutral-tasting oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger grated
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 15 Drops Liquid Stevia sub for 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 Cup Carrots* shredded
- 4 Cups Cabbage shredded. I used green cabbage, bok choy or napa will work as well.
- 1 Red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Mint chopped
- 1 Cup Mango* thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast shredded
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts chopped
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small salad shaker. Taste, and add more sweetener/spice if desired. Set aside.
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Taste, and add more dressing to your liking. We usually add 3/4 of the dressing. (It's easier to add more dressing than take some out!)
- Top with peanuts, and enjoy!
Here are some of my most popular healthy chicken recipes for you to try:
- Canned Chicken Salad. Made from pantry ingredients!
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad. Adds so much flavor to chicken salads.
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. My favorite mayonnaise sub!
- Chicken Salad with Apples. Adds a nice crisp crunch and deliciously sweet flavor.
- Mexican Chicken Salad. SO.MUCH.ZEST!
Make it sweet, make it spicy – just make this Thai chicken salad! And let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoy!