Sticky, garlicky, spicy, and sweet, these Thai chicken wings are the perfect blend of all your favorite flavors, baked into ultra crispy chicken wings. Easy to make, and finger licking good–we love these as an appetizer, dinner, or snack! Because what’s not to love about sweet chili wings?!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Ingredients You’ll Need
These Thai chicken wings come together with a handful of ingredients in only a few minutes of work. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wings: A mix of drumettes and flats with the tips removed. If using frozen wings, be sure to fully defrost and dry before baking. Either way, drying your wings well with paper towels ensures the sauce sticks to them.
- Thai Chili Sauce: I love making my own with a combination of garlic, chicken broth, fish sauce, sriracha, sugar, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and cornstarch. The sauce is easy to taste and adjust to your liking (see my tips below).
- Toppings: Crisp and fresh green onions and a generous sprinkle of sesame seeds.
How to Tweak the Sauce
Want to adjust the sweet chili wings sauce a little? No problem! Here are a few ways to make it yours.
- Sweetness: Make it sweeter with more sugar!
- Low carb: Substitute sugar for your favorite keto sweetener, just keep in mind the ratio is not always 1:1. You may also consider substituting cornstarch for xantham gum, as it is a stronger thickener, so only a small pinch will be needed.
- Heat: Add more (or less) sriracha or crushed red pepper flakes.
How to Make Thai Chicken Wings
These Thai chicken wings are all about the sauce. Here’s how to make it in under 10 minutes, then how to bake your wings to crispy perfection:
- Make the sauce by whisking everything together in a small saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch and allow it to thicken.
- Place wings in a single layer on an oven safe wire (not in photo, but will prevent wings from burning) rack nestled inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss wings in half the sauce.
- Toss baked wings in the remaining sauce, or use it as a dip on the side.
What to Serve with Thai Wings?
If you’re serving these as a snack or appetizer, grab all your favorite finger foods to serve as well! If you’re trying to bulk this up for dinner, consider other Thai classics, like:
- Veggies, I love slicing up celery and carrots to dip in extra sauce. You can also make a side such as this Thai chicken salad, or these fried green beans.
- Rice, fried rice, or cauliflower fried rice. Another great way to soak up the sauce.
Commonly Asked Questions
- Are chicken wings healthy? As with any recipe, this really depends on your goals and eating plan. But what makes these Thai chicken wings healthier than most is the fact that they’re BAKED. Trust me when I tell you, this baked chicken wings recipe is every bit as crispy as a fried version.
- How do you keep wings crispy? The best way to keep wings crispy is to serve them straight from the oven. Also, baking them on a wire rack, and with oil or some sort of sugar to coat them.
- How do you get sauce to stick to chicken wings? I like to toss my chicken wings in sauce and then plate them. Inevitably, there will be extra sauce that pools are the bottom of your bowl–so grab a rubber spatula to spoon that over the top of your plated wings. This Thai sauce is too good too miss a bite.
- How do you know if chicken wings are cooked? You’ll know your wings are done once they reach an internal temp of 165 F.
More 5-Star Thai Recipes
Thai Chicken WingsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar (i.e. 6 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 pounds chicken wings tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- green onions sliced
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Nestle an oven safe wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet, option to line the bottom of your baking sheet with parchment or foil for easier clean up.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium and add the oil. Once shimmering add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Quickly add the chicken broth, fish sauce, sriracha, sugar, paprika, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine and dissolve the sugar. Bring to a simmer and whisk in the corn starch. Continue to simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and allow your sauce to cool slightly.
- Pat wings completely dry with paper towels, and place in a large bowl. Toss wings to thoroughly coat in half the cooled sauce.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on prepared wire rack. Bake in preheated oven until your wings reach an internal temp of 165 F, about 40-45 minutes.
- Coat wings in remaining sauce before serving and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!