This spaghetti squash pad Thai is so good, you’ll forget the traditional version is made with rice noodles. A delectable sauce, and juicy chicken, all complimented by crisp veggies and fresh herbs–it’s one of my favorite ways to use spaghetti squash!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Ingredients You’ll Need
All you need are your typical pad Thai ingredients, plus a spaghetti squash. Feel free to tweak this recipe based on your personal taste and preference, see our favorite ways to do this below!
- The sauce: Lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and brown sugar. If you’re looking for a keto pad Thai, feel free to sub in your favorite sweetener substitute. Whisk until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- The veggies + herbs: Garlic, green onions (a lot!), spaghetti squash, and cilantro. The fresh herbs make all the difference in flavor, so don’t skip them.
- The meat + eggs: Thinly sliced chicken breast and eggs. I find that chicken is easiest to slice by placing it in the freezer for 10 minutes, then using a really sharp knife.
We love this spaghetti squash pad Thai as is, but it’s also easy to tweak! Here’s how you can add your spin:
- Try different noodles: If you’re making keto Thai food, consider zucchini noodles, cucumber noodles, or shirataki noodles. If you’re eating gluten free, try butternut squash noodles or almond flour pasta.
- Go veggie by skipping the chicken. You can also sub in shrimp here.
- Add more veggies, might as well right? Shaved carrots, shredded cabbage, anything goes!
- Change up the sauce. This one is easy to make sweeter, spicier, and saltier, whatever you’re craving, just mix in a few more dashes.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
If you haven’t cooked with spaghetti squash much, I’m so, SO excited for you. It’s subtle taste a pasta-like texture make it an incredible substitute in so many recipes. Plus, it’s easy to work with. Here are my 2 favorite methods for getting your spaghetti ready to rumble:
- In the oven: Slice squash in half and place cut side down on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash is subtle enough to flake into strands with a fork.
- In the microwave: Honestly, my favorite way to make spaghetti squash, because it doesn’t heat up the whole house! Simply pierce your squash all over with a fork and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Flip the squash with oven mitts and repeat on the other side. Allow your squash to cool for 5 minutes (it’ll continue to soften), then slice in half, remove the seeds, and keep going!
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
Now that you have your squash prepped, the rest is easy! Here’s how to make spaghetti squash pad Thai in a few simple steps:
- Whisk together your sauce.
- Cook chicken.
- Cook eggs, garlic, and scallions.
- Add the spaghetti squash, chicken, and sauce back to the pan, and cook everything together until well combined and heated through.
See how to make this Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai on TikTok.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Spaghetti Squash Pad ThaiPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash need 5 cups cooked
- 2 Tablespoon Avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Cup Green Onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 Eggs whisked
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast sliced into strips
For the sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar or brown sugar substitute for keto/low carb
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Roasted Peanuts roughly chopped
- Green Onions
- Spaghetti Squash. Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice spaghetti squash in half and place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes — you'll know your squash is done once the squash is fork-tender. Allow the squash to cool, then use a spoon to remove the seeds. Run a fork through the flesh of the spaghetti squash to form "noodles". Measure 5 cups of spaghetti squash, and discard or save the rest for another recipe. Place spaghetti squash noodles on a paper towel-lined plate, and place paper towels on top. Set aside while we prep the rest.
- Sauce. Whisk ingredients for the sauce in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Chicken. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once shimmering, add the chicken. Give it a stir so the pieces don't stick together. Cook chicken until no longer pink — about 4-5 minutes on each side. If you have one, a fryer screen is suuuper helpful here! Place cooked chicken on a plate and set aside.
- Aromatics + eggs. If there's no oil left in the pan, add an additional tablespoon, and reduce the heat to medium. Add garlic, scallions, and red onion, and saute until the garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes). Add eggs and scramble, breaking them into small pieces as they cook.
- Assemble. Add sauce, chicken, and spaghetti squash back to the pan, and stir to coat. Continue to cook until the dish is heated through. Scoop up a serving, cover with toppings, and twirl/slurp away!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Rest spaghetti squash on a paper towel-lined plate. Don’t skip! We want to remove as much liquid as possible so we don’t water down our sauce.
- Slicing the chicken. Toss in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing.