Everyone’s favorite pasta swap is more than just a noodle–introducing your new favorite veggie pizza crust, spaghetti squash pizza. It’s easy to make and tastes great with all the toppings. Here’s everything you need to know.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
What You Need to Make Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
With just a few ingredients this spaghetti squash pizza crust together in a snap.
- The crust – spaghetti squash, plus eggs and parmesan to bind everything together, and a bit of salt and Italian seasoning to add some flavor.
- The sauce – spaghetti sauce is typically loaded with sugar. If you’re watching your carbs, I suggest making your own keto pizza sauce or buying a sugar free jar from the store.
- The toppings – use your favorites here, a melty cheese on top is a must!
More Veggie Crust Pizza Options
Most veggies can quickly and easily turn into delicious pizza crusts, for a lower carb, healthier slice. Some veggies you can simply slice into pizza crusts, while others need a few additional ingredients:
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is easy to get in pizza crust shape after it’s been cooked and softened. I prefer to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave for this recipe to save time. Here’s a quick how-to for both cooking methods, for a deeper dive check out my how to cook spaghetti squash guide.
In the Oven
Since we’ll already be using the oven to bake the pizza, you may prefer to cook your spaghetti squash that way:
- Slice your squash in half, if you’re struggling to get through the stem, simply slice it off. Use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- Place squash flesh side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in an oven heated to 400 F for 35-45 minutes, or until your squash is fork tender.
In the Microwave
Microwaving is the fastest and easiest way to get your squash ready:
- Keep the squash whole, and pierce all over with a fork.
- Microwave the squash on high for 5 minutes. Flip, and microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the squash to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Pizza
Now that your squash is cooked, it’s time to shape your crust and top it with all your favorites.
Place shredded squash in a clean kitchen towel and ring out the liquid. The trick for a crispy crust that doesn’t require a fork is to ring out the squash, then ring it out 10 times more. Be sure the squash is cool before doing this.
Make the crust by whisking together the eggs, parmesan, and seasoning. Then use your hands to incorporate the spaghetti squash. Shape the squash into a round circle on a baking sheet.
Bake in your preheated oven. Once golden on top, remove and add toppings. Then bake once more until the cheese on top has melted.
Can I Make Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boats?
For an even easier pizza, make spaghetti squash boats by baking your squash, shredding it, and tossing it in pizza sauce. Then place it back into the shell of the squash, and cover it with toppings. Bake your stuffed spaghetti squash in the oven until the cheese on top has melted
Can I Make Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole?
Absolutely, follow the instructions above, but place everything in a casserole dish rather than the squash shells. Check out my spaghetti squash casserole for more details.
How to Freeze Spaghetti Squash Pizza
Easy! Toss your cooked pizza in a large resealable bag and place it in the freezer. Reheat pizza in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet, slice, and top with fresh herbs.
More Pizza Alternatives
Spaghetti Squash PizzaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- Pizza toppings: I used pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and pepperonis
- Keeping the squash whole, pierce all over with a fork, and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Flip and microwave for another 5 minutes. Allow squash to rest on the counter for 5 minutes before slicing (alternatively, you can cook the squash in the oven–see notes).
- Slice squash in half, and scoop to remove the seeds. Shred the flesh into "noodles", and place it in a clean kitchen towel.
- Once cool enough to handle, ring out as much excess liquid as you can–there will be a lot! The more liquid you ring out, the better texture your pizza will have.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lots of cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. Use your hands to mix in the spaghetti squash until everything is well combined.
- Press into a 10" circle in the center of your prepared baking sheet, and smooth out the top so it bakes evenly. Bake in preheated oven until the pizza is cooked through and golden on top, about 15-18 minutes.
- Top crust with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings of choice. Return to the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Allow pizza to cool before slicing and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- To bake the squash in the oven, preheat oven to 400 F. Slice your squash in half lengthwise, and place it flesh side down on a baking sheet. Bake until it’s fork tender, about 40 minutes.