If you love low carb recipes that are packed with flavor, then you’re going to be obsessed with this low carb pad thai!
This is one of my favorite low carb chicken recipes. It uses fresh, basic ingredients, such as veggie noodles for low carb pasta, that comes together super fast!
Like a lot of Thai recipes, this one has a complex sauce that has bright citrus and umami — it’s what takes this dish from OK to amazing! And it’s super easy to reheat, making it perfect for meal prepping lunches or fast low carb dinners.
Ready to try it? Let’s go!
This low carb pad thai is absolutely addictive, plus:
- It comes together in no time.
- Easy to swap out veggies and proteins for ingredients you have on hand.
- All the amazing flavors we love in takeout without the carbs!
Ready to whip up some keto pad thai? It’s super fast and insanely easy!
These inexpensive, basic ingredients come together magically to make an incredible low carb pad thai!
Fish sauce – This ingredient may make you nervous, but it adds an important flavor to the pad thai sauce — slightly fishy, sweet and salty.
Swerve – You’ll need a little sweetness for your sauce. Swerve and Lakanto are my favorite keto sweeteners made from erythritol. If using plain erythritol, you’ll want to increase the amount as it’s 70% as sweet. Taste the sauce after combining and adjust to your liking.
Peanuts – This classic Thai ingredient adds amazing crunch and flavor without loads of carbs! Choose roasted peanuts for the best results. If you’d rather, you can swap these out with other low carb nuts like almonds or walnuts.
Zoodles – We’re swapping carby noodles for yummy zucchini zoodles, as zucchinis are very low carb. Choose firm, dark green squash and trim off the ends for perfect noodles. Want to mix it up? Use a rainbow of low carb vegetables for noodles!
Tools To Make
Basic tools = easy cooking!
- A spiralizer – If you’re making your own noodles, you’ll need a spiralizer to transform your veggies into zoodles! Don’t have a spiralizer? Use a box grater to get your zucchini in a similar shape, or buy pre-spiralized zoodles.
- A large pan – This dish is amazing because it’s cooked in one pan! A large pan like a wok is best because we’ll have everything in it at once, but a large skillet will work fine as well.
One of the best tips I can give you is to prep everything in advance! Cut and set up your ingredients mise en place. This dish cooks really fast, so when you have all the ingredients ready to go, you can cycle them in and out of the hot pan.
This low carb pad thai is best served hot from the pan! Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice for an amazing flavor.
Ready to make this low carb pad thai recipe? It’s super easy to cook, and easy to customize! Here are some simple ways to make this dish your own.
- Don’t want to use zoodles? Use any veggie noodle or almond flour pasta you prefer here!
- Want to sneak in some more vegetables? Take a cue from my low carb chicken stir fry, or this low carb beef and broccoli, and add more chopped veggies like chopped broccoli, cauliflower, or sliced mushrooms.
- Want more protein? Make this low carb pad thai shrimp, pork, whatever you’re craving!
Looking for some more low carb pasta recipes? your new favorite might be on this list! Try some out:
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Eggplant Lasagna
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
- Cabbage Lasagna
Low Carb Pad ThaiPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut Oil or oil of choice
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast sliced into strips
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 Cup Diced Scallions
- 3 Medium Zucchinis spiralized using Blade C. Or 3 cups of pre-spiralized noodles.
For the sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) granular. Can sub for sweetener of choice
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts roughly chopped
- Place zucchini (3 medium size) spiralized using Blade C or 3 cups of pre-spiralized noodles in a colander over the sink, and generously sprinkle with salt. Allow them to "sweat" for 10-15 minutes while you prep your ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Scramble and cook eggs (4) in a large pan over medium-high heat. Remove cooked eggs from the pan and set them aside on a plate.
- Add half the oil to the pan, along with the chicken (1 pound) sliced into strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat on the skillet to low and add the zucchini noodles. Let the juice from the chicken coat the noodles then add salt and pepper. Cook until the zucchini begins to soften (about 3-5 minutes).
- Once cooked through (no longer pink), push it to the side of your plate and add the remaining oil, along with minced garlic (2 cloves) and diced scallions (1 cup). Stir constantly and cook until the scallions begin to soften -- about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and toss to combine everything. Cook until the zucchini begins to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and eggs, and stir to coat the noodles.
- Garnish with cilantro, scallions, and peanuts. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- Nutritional information is for 1 serving if you divide this recipe into 4 servings.