Curry, raisins, and cashews, this curry chicken salad is an amazingly delicious way to enjoy chicken curry all year round. Serve it as a chicken salad sandwich, with crackers, or eat it straight from the bowl–this creamy curry chicken salad is addicting!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
There’s nothing boring about this curry chicken salad! Here are some other reasons to love it:
- 10-minute preparation and it tastes like such a polished recipe!
- Tastes ah-ma-zing with it’s deep, smoky flavors with lots of layers and textures.
- Super-versatile. Eat it on its own, or a billion different ways (recs below!)!
Curry chicken salad puts a new twist on an old classic, and people just can’t get enough of it!
Using curry powder in recipes requires a little finesse to coax out all those deep, rich flavors:
- Curry Powder – Curry powder is a delicious Indian spice mix full of cumin, turmeric, and ginger. It’s a different combination of spices than Garam masala (used in butter chicken), but either can be used if you prefer one over the other.
- Adding Sweetness – We’ll add a bit of sweetness to the salad (trust me! It plays so well with the curry) via sugar or erythritol. Opt for confectioners erythritol if (like me!) you’re eating low carb.
- Chicken – Use whatever cooked chicken you have available. I typically poach chicken before making chicken salad. You can make rotisserie chicken salad with shucked rotisserie chicken or canned chicken salad with drained and flaked canned chicken. Leftover tandoori chicken would be perfect.
Tools To Make
Making this curry chicken salad is suuuper easy! All you need is a knife (for chopping), a bowl, and a spoon.
Storing your curry chicken salad just requires you to put it in an airtight container or a sealed storage container in the fridge. This will help keep out air, and moisture while creating pre-portioned healthy lunch ideas for your busy work week!
Your curry chicken salad will taste best if it sits in the fridge for an hour before serving, this will help the flavors in the curry powder to develop, and all the ingredients to marry.
Eat this curry chicken salad just like you eat all your favorite chicken salads! Such as…
- Wrapped in lettuce wraps, I like Romaine leaves for this!
- Between two slices of bread or keto bread for a chicken salad sandwich.
- Enjoyed as a dip with crackers or keto crackers.
Serve it alongside soup, like my chicken tikka masala soup, and a light salad for a delicious meal.
Adapting this recipe to suit your specific taste is easy, but keep in mind it may change the flavor a bit. Here are some ideas you may consider:
- Eating low carb? Swap the raisins for keto fruits (I recommend blackberries), the cashews for peanuts (cashews are significantly higher in carbs), and use keto sweeteners instead of sugar.
- Not a fan of mayo? You can substitute Greek yogurt for mayo to save some calories. We love greek yogurt chicken salad and can hardly taste the difference.
- Add some spice. I wouldn’t recommend going full-blown Mexican chicken salad here, but you can add some spice such as sriracha and peppers to bring in another twist.
- Try a different protein. I know, it may sound weird, but you can totally use canned salmon to make a salmon curry salad (ala canned salmon salad). You can also use cooked and diced shrimp for shrimp curry salad.
With all the diversity of keto salad recipes, you can literally have a different salad every week! Here are some of my favorites for you to try.
- Pesto Chicken Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad
Curry Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sugar or 2 teaspoon confectioners erythritol* (low carb sugar alternative, I always use this!)
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 3 Cups Chicken cooked + cubed
- 1 Cup Celery diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Raisins (sub for blackberries* to save some carbs)
- 3/4 Cup Cashews roasted + salted. Roughly chopped (sub for peanuts* or almonds to save some carbs)
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients together.
- Cover the salad with your dressing, and stir to combine.
- Place salad in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it’s 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- If you’re making the “low carb” version of this recipe (blackberries instead of raisins, peanuts instead of cashews, and erythritol instead of sugar), each serving has 7.9 g carbs, and 3.9 g net carbs.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 serving, if you divide this recipe into 6 servings: