Curry chicken salad is one of my FAVORITE go-to low carb chicken recipes. Curry spice, raisins and cashews, ohhh my! A CRAZY delicious combo you’re gonna fall in love with.
I can hardly wait to share this chicken salad recipe with you, so let’s dive in…
There’s nothing boring about this curry chicken salad! Here are some other reasons to love it:
- 10-minute preparation and it tastes like such a polished recipe!
- Tastes ah-ma-zing with it’s deep, smoky flavors with lots of layers and textures.
- Super-versatile. Eat it on its own, or a billion different ways (recs below!)!
Curry chicken salad puts a new twist on an old classic, and people just can’t get enough of it!
Using curry powder in recipes requires a little finesse to coax out all those deep, rich flavors…
Curry Powder – It’s important to choose the right curry powder or your recipe may taste a little flat. Curry is typically made with turmeric which has a very subtle flavor. Read your label and choose a curry powder that doesn’t list turmeric as the first ingredient (the first listed ingredient is usually the main one).
Adding Sweetness – We’ll add a bit of sweetness to the salad (trust me! It plays so well with the curry) via sugar or erythritol. Opt for confectioners erythritol if (like me!) you’re eating low carb.
Chicken – Use whatever cooked chicken you have available. I typically poach chicken before making chicken salad. You can make rotisserie chicken salad with shucked rotisserie chicken or canned chicken salad with drained and flaked canned chicken.
Tools To Make
Making this curry chicken salad is suuuper easy! All you need is a knife (for chopping), a bowl and a spoon.
Storing your curry chicken salad just requires you to put it in an airtight container or a sealed storage container in the fridge. This will help keep out air, and moisture while creating pre-portioned healthy lunch ideas for your busy work week!
Your curry chicken salad will taste best if it sits in the fridge for an hour before serving, this will help the flavors in the curry powder to develop, and all the ingredients to marry.
Eat this curry chicken salad just like you eat all your favorite chicken salads! Such as…
- Wrapped in lettuce wraps, I like Romaine leaves for this!
- Between two slices of bread or low carb bread for a chicken salad sandwich.
- Enjoyed as a dip with crackers or low carb crackers.
Adapting this recipe to suit your specific taste is easy, but keep in mind it may change the flavor a bit. Here are some ideas you may consider:
- Eating low carb? Swap the raisins for low carb fruits (I recommend blackberries), the cashews for peanuts (cashews are significantly higher in carbs), and use keto sweeteners instead of sugar.
- Not a fan of mayo? You can substitute low carb Greek yogurt for mayo to save some calories. We love greek yogurt chicken salad and can hardly taste the difference.
- Add some spice. I wouldn’t recommend going full-blown buffalo chicken salad or Mexican chicken salad here, but you can add some spice such as sriracha and peppers to bring in another twist.
Curry Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sugar or 2 teaspoon confectioners erythritol* (low carb sugar alternative, I always use this!)
- 3 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 3 Cups Chicken cooked + cubed
- 1 Cup Celery diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Raisins (sub for blackberries* to save some carbs)
- 3/4 Cup Cashews roasted + salted. Roughly chopped (sub for peanuts* or almonds to save some carbs)
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the salad ingredients together.
- Cover the salad with your dressing, and stir to combine.
- Place salad in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
With all the diversity of chicken salad recipes, you can literally have a different chicken salad every week! Here are some of my favorites for you to try.
- Pesto Chicken Salad. Pesto adds SO MUCH flavor and complexity to this chicken salad!
- Tarragon Chicken Salad. This one is a classic and for good reason.
- Avocado Chicken Salad. Another mayo sub you’ll love just as much!
- Greek Chicken Salad. Lettuce based salad full of flavors, textures, and veggies!
- Chinese Chicken Salad. The dressing makes this one stand above the rest.
This curry chicken salad is an awesome recipe when you’re ready for something a little different to usher in the warm weather months. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoy!