This buffalo chicken roll ups recipe is a total snack game changer. It’s one of those low carb recipes that takes an American classic and makes it over into a low carb dream!
I love how simple it is to make these, especially for low carb lunch ideas. You’ll love these personal rollups as they’re WAY easier to eat on the go than buffalo chicken dip or buffalo chicken salad…
A flavor bomb of creamy cream cheese, crunchy celery, spicy Frank’s Red Hot, salty blue cheese, all wrapped around a tender chicken slice.
If this isn’t one of the greatest low carb chicken recipes ever, I don’t know what is — Let’s do this!
Here’s why I love these and why I KNOW you will too:
- The flavors are undeniably good and hit every category!
- They’re easy to make, eat, and take on the go!
- In 15 minutes, you have a delicious personal-sized snack!
- You only need 6 ingredients! Feel free to also use what you have on hand and customize your own!
Here’s everything you need to know to make this buffalo chicken roll ups recipe!
Typically a rollup would include a carb-heavy tortilla… but not this buffalo chicken recipe! In this recipe, 2 roll ups are only ONE carb!
All of the ingredients are items you’re most likely already familiar with, which is why I love the ease of this recipe…
Deli Sliced Chicken – One thing to be careful of here: deli meats range in how “dry” they are, and dry deli meat doesn’t work well for rolling into roll ups. If you can’t find moist deli sliced chicken, feel free to sub in any other type of deli meat such as turkey or ham.
Blue Cheese – Blue cheese is a must for the classic buffalo chicken flavor combo. But, if you’re not down with it, swap in any low carb cheese of your liking. Feta is a great sub and is low in carbs too!
Hot Sauce – You can use whatever hot sauce you prefer, however, Frank’s Red Hot is the traditional hot sauce used for all buffalo chicken recipes.
Although packed with flavor, their original version is not very hot (which is why I love it!) so if you’re looking for something hotter, try their XTRA Hot (about 4x hotter), or opt for a spicier hot sauce.
Celery – This low carb vegetables here to add some crunch to our roll ups.
Tools To Make
You only need a few basic kitchen tools to make this buffalo chicken roll ups recipe:
- A food processor. We want to cream the blue cheese, hot sauce, and cream cheese together so they roll easily.
- Knife. Optional, if you plan to slice your roll ups.
- Toothpick. Optional, to keep your roll ups in place.
This buffalo chicken roll ups recipe is perfect for a picnic, to take on the go or to bring to a party as low carb appetizers!
Switch up this buffalo chicken roll ups recipe to your liking or to what you have available with these simple swaps:
- Use a different kind of meat. Anything that is sliced thinly will work. Morph this recipe into smoked salmon roll ups or ham roll ups! All the flavor without the carbs!
- Use tortilla wrap. Want a more substantial wrap?! Turn this into a buffalo chicken wrap with these low carb tortillas or these low carb wraps.
- Or make lettuce wraps by morphing this recipe into a chicken salad and stuffing it inside a large leaf of Romain.
Buffalo Chicken Roll UpsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Ounce Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot or hot sauce of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Chives thinly sliced
- 2 Sticks Celery cut in half (to the length of your chicken slices) and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 12 Slices Deli Sliced Chicken
- Combine the cream cheese, hot sauce, and blue cheese in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in scallions.
- Lay chicken down, then spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer over the top of each slice.
- Place sliced celery in the center of each slice.
- Roll the sliced chicken up tightly.
- Repeat until you've used all ingredients. Slice each roll-up in half, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
End the lunch struggle with these delicious go-to’s:
- Avocado Chicken Salad – Crunchy and refreshing, these wraps satisfy every time!
- Cucumber Sandwiches – they’re light, healthy, and completely drool-worthy!
- Mexican Chicken Salad – A total Mexican classic, the low carb way!
- Deviled Egg Salad – Deviled eggs turned salad?! I’ll take it!
- Low Carb Sushi – Don’t pass on the sushi just because you’re eating low carb!
No matter how you make them, this buffalo chicken roll ups recipe is one for the books! The recipe books that is! Everyone is going to want to know your secret!
Let me know in the comments section below what you thought of ‘em!