If you’re on the hunt for some low carb breakfast recipes, look no further than this low carb chocolate granola recipe!
Crunchy, cocoa-y, coconutty goodness combine their forces to create the benevolent ruler of all low carb recipes…
These superfood ingredients come together to make a mouthwatering, gently spiced low carb cereal mixture that’s perfect for sprinkling on top of all your go-to recipes, or just eating by the handful for low carb snacks!
This low carb granola is the perfect addition to your snack supply… and can I suggest, make a double recipe? You’ll thank me later. Let’s go!!
Well, it’s the chocolate version of one of my favorite foods, minus the carbs. Plus!
- Five ingredients, plus spices! No sweat!
- Ready in FIFTEEN minutes??? This is a chocolate-flavored, last-minute snack emergency lifesaver!
- This hardworking snack hits the spot for your sweet tooth and satisfies that desire for crunch at the same time!
If you feel nervous about starting to cook more, this is the recipe for you to start with. SO simple! SO fast! SO, SO satisfying! You’ll be a pro in no time! Here’s everything you need to know:
A few handy notes on the simple and easy to find ingredients in this low carb chocolate granola.
Cocoa Powder – opt for dutch process cocoa powder, it’s less bitter and makes a big difference in flavor!
Coconut flakes/shredded – Make sure you get UNsweetened, or you’ll have a very HIGH carb chocolate granola on your hands, and that’s kind of the opposite of what we’re going for here.
I prefer coconut FLAKES over shredded or desiccated coconut as they have a crunchier texture. Shredded or desiccated can get mushy (which is the opposite of what you want in granola!).
Nuts – You can substitute your favorite low carb nuts in for the pecans and coconut — just keep the ratios the same.
Tools To Make
You just need 1 special tool, and I bet it was one of the first things you bought for your kitchen!
- Baking Sheets – These rimmed baking sheets will get your low carb chocolate granola nice and crunchy, and let you flip and turn it around without it falling off onto your oven floor, never to be seen again.
- Parchment Paper – Line with parchment paper or silicone mats to make cleanup a breeze.
Store this decadent mix in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can You Freeze This?
Yup! Freeze this yummy low carb chocolate granola to keep it for a rainy day! Store in an airtight freezer bag, and remove as much air from the bag before tossing it into the freezer.
Thaw in the fridge or on the counter whenever you’re ready for a sweet snack!
Meal Prepping Tips
This chocolate granola is the PERFECT ingredient to have on hand for a quick and easy low carb breakfast. This recipe makes 10 servings, so portion it out in baggies or containers for breakfast on hand or low carb snacks on the go!
For a to-go option, try this nifty hack using mason jars and a fruit cup. This will keep your granola from getting soggy sitting in your yogurt!
There SO many ways to eat this low carb chocolate granola! Here are a few of my faves:
- Over low carb greek yogurt with some freshly sliced fruit
- Use it as an energy mix for hikes or long days
- With some low carb milk, hot (ala low carb oatmeal), or cold!
- Over low carb ice cream… ohhh ya!
Looking to make this grain free granola your own special way? Let’s mix this cereal up a little!
- Turn this into savory granola. Savory granola is an awesome topping for salads, soups, and casseroles. Simply skip the sweetener (and cocoa powder depending on your recipe) and bake per instructions.
- Turn these into low carb granola bars by pressing the granola into a 9×13 casserole dish, and slicing them into low carb bars after it bakes.
- Add your favorite mix-ins, such as low carb chocolate chips, or freezer dried low carb fruits (dried fruits are typically loaded with sugar, so I prefer freezer dried which easy to grab at Trader Joes)
Low Carb Chocolate GranolaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Cups Shredded Coconut unsweetened. Can sub for nuts of choice
- 2 Cups Pecans or nuts of choice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Egg White
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the pecans.
- Add them to a large bowl with the coconut and stir.
- In a small bowl stir the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg whites, coconut oil, cocoa, erythritol and vanilla extract.
- Pour contents of the small bowl over the coconut and pecans and stir to combine.
- Spread in a thin and even layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 6 more minutes. You’ll know the granola is done when the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled and hardened, use your hands to break up the granola into bite sized pieces.
- Store in the fridge, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
More Low Carb Snacks and Breakfasts
Looking for more low carb snacks and breakfasts you can take on the run? Here are a few of my faves:
- Low Carb Breakfast Muffins. Eggs, bacon, and cheese in a bite-sized muffin!
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins. Bursts of blueberries make everything better.
- Low Carb Banana Muffins. Psst, there are no bananas in here!
- Low Carb Pancakes. Fluffy perfection!
- Deviled Eggs. Ohhh ya, this classic is in fact low carb.
Did this low carb chocolate granola sweep you away with it’s sweet, scrumptious crunchy goodness? Let me know in the comments if you like it best paired with cool yogurt, warm oatmeal, or soaked in low carb milk! Enjoy!