Gorgeous meets delicious meets convenient meets festive — these antipasto skewers are the salad you love, in snackable, shareable form. No fork necessary.
Not that I’m antipasta, but what a fitting name for an appetizer on this low carb website — eh? (Also, if you want to add pasta to your skewers, then PLEASE DO!).
I’m not a big app gal. Whenever we have company, I put a block-o-cheese and some crackers out to please the crowd, and avoid them like the plague, because who can have only 1 slice of cheese?? (jealous of you…). When I get started, I eat so much I lose all interest in the sous vide steak I cooked to perfection. It’s a shame. Really.
But, what I do love is finger food. I make meals out of it. I love stocking our fridge full so I can sneak snack my way through a lunchtime smorgasbord. And these antipasto skewers are the perfect tasty addition. I love them, my husband loves them, and if we ever share them with dinner guests, they love them too…
We all know and love a classic antipasto. But what’s less expected here, and worth mentioning, is the shallot balsamic dressing — it’s chef’s kiss devine. No matter how you serve these, I hope you enjoy! 👩🍳💋 – Linds x
How to Make Antipasto Skewers
Make the dressing.
Combine with a whisk in a small bowl or a salad shaker and set aside.
Skewer the goodies.
You’ll want a food pick for this — in these photos, I used these bamboo sticks, but I’ve used these cocktail sticks in the past. You can add the ingredients in whatever order you like, I started with the cherry tomatoes, then pepperoncini, salami, mozzarella, basil, and olive.
Now dress + dig in.
Drizzle, dunk, or brush your skewers in dressing, and dig on in.
Can you make antipasto skewers in advance?
Absolutely. When making these for a soiree ahead of time, I do everything but dress the skewers — just store your dressing on the side and your skewers on a platter. When ready to serve, dress and enjoy!
Variations? You Betcha…
- Use a different kind of meat – think prosciutto, pepperoni, or grilled chicken.
- Or skip the meat.
- Add tortellini – cheese tortellini would be my pick.
- Sneak in some keto vegetables like artichokes, bell peppers, or cucumbers– subtle flavored options.
- Try a different dressing such as store bought Italian salad dressing or a balsamic glaze.
More Appetizer Recipes
Antipasto SkewersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Grape Tomatoes
- 16 Pieces Fresh Basil fresh
- 16 Mozzarella Balls ciliegine
- 8 Ounces Genoa Salami thinly sliced
- 16 Black Olives pitted + drained
- 8 Whole Pepperoncinis cut in half + stems removed
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Shallot finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Make skewers. Layer ingredients on a food stick in whatever order you like. You'll want to fold the basil, salami, and pepperoncini, before adding to the stick.
- Serve + Enjoy! Brush dressing over the top of each skewer. Serve on a platter, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
On your phone? Check out my web story here.