These antipasto skewers are the low carb appetizers you’ve been waiting for. These little bites are so delicious!
They’re filled with big flavors and healthy fats that make for really satisfying low carb recipes.
Can you turn these decadent, savory bites into an antipasto salad? You know it! These ingredients are super flexible, so use them to make low carb salads, layer them on low carb bread for a Mediterranean inspired sandwich, or serve them on a cheese plate!
Any way you serve them, they’re amazing. Plus, they only take 20 minutes!
Let’s get going!
These antipasto skewers take your dinner from ho-hum to high-end in a snap! Plus:
- An extravagant feeling appetizer or snack, with almost no carbs!
- Ready in under 20 minutes – or less!
- Super flexible – change out the ingredients for flavors you’re obsessed with!
Important Ingredients Notes
This antipasto recipe has all everyday ingredients, just combined in a different way!
Mozzarella balls – Most of us are used to eating this cheese shredded, but you can find it stashed in small plastic packed of water in the deli section of your store. They are super creamy and pair perfectly with these other Mediterranean foods.
You can swap them out for any other low carb cheese if you have a preference, but I strongly suggest giving fresh mozz a try!
Genoa Salami – This pork salami has a higher fat content and it tastes slightly fermented. It adds a great taste and texture to meat appetizers.
Basil – Fresh basil leaves add a crisp, flavor, and scent to this dish. Use bright green leaves, and if you’re using a plant from home, don’t use basil from a plant with flowers on it – they’re flavorless.
Black olives – You can use any kinds of olives for this dish but I prefer whole black olives. Make sure the ones you grab don’t have a pit!
These antipasto skewers are the perfect side for a cheese plate! Add some fathead crackers and some cheese options for an awesome appetizer platter!
- Use any kind of meat. Don’t like salami?? No worries, you can use any kind of meat that you like here. Fancy is up with prosciutto, go simple with grilled Italian chicken. Seeing the possibilities?
- Or skip the meat! This is a great vegetarian dish – just load up on the veggies! Which leads us to….
- You can add or swap any of the veggies in this recipe for other low carb vegetables. Try cucumbers, bell peppers, grilled eggplant, or roasted cauliflower or another favorite veggie.
- These antipasto skewers make an amazing salad when combined! Simply dump in a bowl, and add some sturdy greens for a delicious salad!
Did this get you in the mood for more tiny bites? Check out these delicious no bake appetizers!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Avocado Sauce
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs without Mayo
- Spicy Deviled Eggs
Antipasto SkewersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Grape Tomatoes
- 16 Pieces Fresh Basil fresh
- 16 Small Mozzarella Balls
- 8 Ounces Genoa Salami thinly sliced
- 16 Black Olives pitted + drained
- 8 Whole Pepperoncinis cut in half + drained
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Shallots finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder minced
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Layer ingredients on a food stick in the order listed above. You'll want to fold the basil, salami, and pepperoncinis in half before adding to the stick.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Brush dressing over the top of each skewer.
- Serve on a platter, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes: