Gorgeous meets delicious meets convenient meets festive — these antipasto skewers are the salad you love, in snackable, shareable form. No fork necessary.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get great new recipes from us every week!
Not that I’m antipasta, but what a fitting name for an appetizer on this low carb website — eh? (Also, if you want to add pasta to your skewers, then PLEASE DO!).
I’m not a big app gal. Whenever we have company, I put a block-o-cheese and some crackers out to please the crowd, and avoid them like the plague, because who can have only 1 slice of cheese?? (jealous of you…). When I get started, I eat so much I lose all interest in the sous vide steak I cooked to perfection. It’s a shame. Really.
But, what I do love is finger food. I make meals out of it. I love stocking our fridge full so I can sneak snack my way through a lunchtime smorgasbord. And these antipasto skewers are the perfect tasty addition. I love them, my husband loves them, and if we ever share them with dinner guests, they love them too…
We all know and love a classic antipasto. But what’s less expected here, and worth mentioning, is the shallot balsamic dressing — it’s chef’s kiss devine. No matter how you serve these, I hope you enjoy! 👩🍳💋 – Linds x
How to Make Antipasto Skewers
Make the dressing.
Combine with a whisk in a small bowl or a salad shaker and set aside.
Skewer the goodies.
You’ll want a food pick for this — in these photos, I used these bamboo sticks, but I’ve used these cocktail sticks in the past. You can add the ingredients in whatever order you like, I started with the cherry tomatoes, then pepperoncini, salami, mozzarella, basil, and olive.
Now dress + dig in.
Drizzle, dunk, or brush your skewers in dressing, and dig on in.
Can you make antipasto skewers in advance?
Absolutely. When making these for a soiree ahead of time, I do everything but dress the skewers — just store your dressing on the side and your skewers on a platter. When ready to serve, dress and enjoy!
Variations? You Betcha…
- Use a different kind of meat – think prosciutto, pepperoni, or grilled chicken.
- Or skip the meat.
- Add tortellini – cheese tortellini would be my pick.
- Sneak in some keto vegetables like artichokes, bell peppers, or cucumbers– subtle flavored options.
- Try a different dressing such as store bought Italian salad dressing or a balsamic glaze.
More Appetizer Recipes
Antipasto SkewersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Grape Tomatoes
- 16 Pieces Fresh Basil fresh
- 16 Mozzarella Balls ciliegine
- 8 Ounces Genoa Salami thinly sliced
- 16 Black Olives pitted + drained
- 8 Whole Pepperoncinis cut in half + stems removed
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Shallot finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Dressing. Whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Make skewers. Layer ingredients on a food stick in whatever order you like. You'll want to fold the basil, salami, and pepperoncini, before adding to the stick.
- Serve + Enjoy! Brush dressing over the top of each skewer. Serve on a platter, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
On your phone? Check out my web story here.