These antipasto skewers are the low carb appetizers you’ve been waiting for. These little bites are so delicious!
They’re filled with big flavors and healthy fats that make for really satisfying low carb recipes.
Can you turn these decadent, savory bites into an antipasto salad? You know it! These ingredients are super flexible, so use them to make low carb salads, layer them on low carb bread for a Mediterranean inspired sandwich, or serve them on a cheese plate!
Any way you serve them, they’re amazing. Plus, they only take 20 minutes!
Let’s get going!
These antipasto skewers take your dinner from ho-hum to high-end in a snap! Plus:
- An extravagant feeling appetizer or snack, with almost no carbs!
- Ready in under 20 minutes – or less!
- Super flexible – change out the ingredients for flavors you’re obsessed with!
This recipe couldn’t be simpler – layer the ingredients on sticks and serve!
These are all everyday ingredients, just combined in a different way!
Mozzarella balls – Most of us are used to eating this cheese shredded, but you can find it stashed in small plastic packed of water in the deli section of your store. They are super creamy and pair perfectly with these other Mediterranean foods.
You can swap them out for any other low carb cheese if you have a preference, but I strongly suggest giving fresh mozz a try!
Genoa Salami – This pork salami has a higher fat content and it tastes slightly fermented. It adds a great taste and texture.
Basil – Fresh basil leaves add a crisp, flavor, and scent to this dish. Use bright green leaves, and if you’re using a plant from home, don’t use basil from a plant with flowers on it – they’re flavorless.
Black olives – You can use any kinds of olives for this dish but I prefer whole black olives. Make sure the ones you grab don’t have a pit!
Tools To Make
You only need one tool for this recipe: skewers! You can use wooden or metal, your choice! I used these cute cocktail skewers I grabbed on Amazon.
- Don’t like salami?? No worries, you can use any kind of meat that you like here. Fancy is up with prosciutto, go simple with grilled Italian chicken. Seeing the possibilities?
- Or skip the meat! This is a great vegetarian dish – just load up on the veggies! Which leads us to….
- You can add or swap any of the veggies in this recipe for other low carb vegetables. Try cucumbers, bell peppers, grilled eggplant, or roasted cauliflower or another favorite veggie.
- These antipasto skewers make an amazing salad when combined! Simply dump in a bowl, and add some sturdy greens for a delicious salad!
Antipasto SkewersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Grape Tomatoes
- 16 Pieces Fresh Basil fresh
- 16 Small Mozzarella Balls
- 8 Ounces Genoa Salami thinly sliced
- 16 Black Olives pitted + drained
- 8 Whole Pepperoncinis cut in half + drained
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Shallots finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder minced
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Layer ingredients on a food stick in the order listed above. You'll want to fold the basil, salami, and pepperoncinis in half before adding to the stick.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Brush dressing over the top of each skewer.
- Serve on a platter, and enjoy!
Did this get you in the mood for more tiny bites? Check out these delicious low carb snacks and appetizers!
- Low Carb Nachos – This notoriously carby dish gets a healthy makeover!
- Low Carb Onion Rings – Your restaurant favorite just got less expensive and better for you while staying equally as mouthwatering!
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites – Is there anything cauliflower can’t do?
- Ham Roll Ups – These scrumptious rolls are a perfect quick bite.
- Cucumber Sandwiches – Forget bread, this recipe has all of the flavor and crunch you desire.
I think there’s a high probability these antipasto skewers upstaged your main course. Did you make them as is, or swap something out? Let me know in the comments below, and enjoy!