This keto pecan pie is nutty and sweet, with a delicious carmel-y custard filling. It’s wrapped up in a buttery crust, and is baked to perfection as it fills your home with the smell of pure comfort!
Introducing the Mother of all Thanksgiving desserts. The star of the dinner table. The soon-to-be most requested holiday dish: keto pecan pie.
Where do I begin in telling you how delicious this Southern classic is? From the crunch of the nuts to the caramel-y filling to the buttery crust. You won’t know it’s low carb, your friends won’t know it’s low carb, and your family won’t know it’s low carb. So what’s stopping you? Grab yourself a slice!
My love for pecan pie started at a young age. My Mom, who’s quite the chef/baker, made 4 different pies every year. And every year, my favorite was her pecan pie. So what did I do (as any good daughter would?)? I stole her recipe. Swapped some ingredients around. Tested. Baked. ATE. And voila. The low carb version of our family’s beloved pecan pie recipe. Which we now serve instead at every Thanksgiving.
I hope this recipe brings a bit of joy to your dinner table! Enjoy 🥧❤️ – Linds x
Keto Pecan Pie Video Tutorial
- Keto Pie Crust – Follow my recipe for an easy (5 ingredient) pie crust.
- Eggs – binds the ingredients.
- Granular Swerve or Lakanto – I specify the brand here as Swerve and Lakanto are sweeter than erythritol (erythritol is 70% as sweet). So if you’re using a different brand, you may want to increase the amount added to your sugar free pecan pie.
- Heavy Cream
- Xanthan Gum – Helps to thicken the custard. Without it, your keto pecan pie will be runny/won’t set.
- Pecans – Both chopped and halved. We’ll use the half pieces to decorate the top.
How to Make Keto Pecan Pie:
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs.
- Add Swerve or Lakanto, heavy cream, salt, melted butter, xanthan gum, vanilla and combine.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans into the prepared pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over the pecans.
- Arrange pecan halves on top of the filling.
- Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet, and form a foil collar around the edges of the crust.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove pie from the oven, and discard the foil collar. Return pie to oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Allow pie to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
💪 Important Tips
Making this recipe is easy as pie (Sorry, had to!). Here are a few important keto pecan pie steps that shouldn’t be overlooked, and why:
- Keep the crust’s butter cold. This gives the keto pecan pie a flakey crust. What I typically do is shape the crust in the pie pan, then store it in the fridge as you make the filling.
- Make a foil collar around the crust, as the high-fat content of this crust makes it more susceptible to burning.
- Bake your pie on a rimmed baking sheet, otherwise, the butter in the crust will drip onto the bottom of the oven and create a mess.
Storing, Reheating + Freezing?
Store – in the fridge.
Reheat – This is best done in the microwave. Erythritol (Swerve/Lakanto) recrystallizes when cooled which gives baked goods a gritty texture — reheating eliminates this!
Freeze – This low carb pecan pie freezes so well. Toss each slice in a small bag for easy to reheat portions, or freeze the entire pie in a large ziplock for make-ahead pie success. Allow them to thaw in the fridge before reheating.
- Use a different crust, such as my coconut flour pie crust, or my keto graham cracker crust.
- Or skip the crust, for keto pecan pie no crust – Bake time will vary.
- Swap the keto nuts.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
Keto Pecan PiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Keto Pie Crust unbaked (note 1)
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare your pie crust by pressing it into a 9" pie pan, and store it in the fridge while we make the filling.
- Combine. Use an electric mixer to whisk the eggs (4). Add Swerve or Lakanto (1 1/2 cup), heavy cream (3/4 cup), salt (1/2 teaspoon), melted butter (1/4 cup), xanthan gum (1 teaspoon), vanilla (1 teaspoon) and combine.
- Assemble. Sprinkle chopped pecans (2 cups) into the prepared pie crust. Pour egg mixture over the pecans. Arrange pecan halves on top of the filling.
- Bake. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet, and form a foil collar around the edges of the crust (to protect it from burning). Bake in your preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove pie from the oven, and discard the foil collar. Return pie to oven and continue to bake for 5 minutes. Allow pie to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Pie Crust - I always use my keto pie crust for this but use whatever you prefer.
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. You want to use an erythritol-based sweetener here. This recipe was measured using Lakanto or Swerve (both erythritol-based), so if using a different brand, know that erythritol is 70% as sweet.
- Xanthan Gum helps to set our filling. Don't skip!