This creamy cauliflower potato salad is love at first bite! Compatible with any entree, this is one of those low carb salads you’ll plan meals around.
Cauliflower Potato Salad Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
Give me any excuse to party, and I’ll be there. (Especially after 2020!) Recently my best friend got engaged. So, obviously, we had to celebrate.
It was a quaint, backyard BBQ. Not a food theme known for low carb and healthy options, so I decided to bring my own dish. And this cauliflower potato salad seemed like the perfect choice. I plopped my platter of creamy veggies and crispy bacon right in between her Grandmother’s potato salad and her aunt’s baked beans, and spotted everyone (seriously, EVERYONE!) going back for seconds.
Yes, they were grabbing seconds of my cauliflower potato salad. Yes, I won. Yes, I care. (sorry!)
Start your own love affair with this cauliflower potato salad. And enjoy your summer BBQs and parties! 🌞 – Linds
Keto Potato Salad: What to Expect
Truth: Yes, I make this for low carb side dishes to serve at parties, but I really make it for myself. And I store in the fridge for delicious lunch and between-meal snacks. Because it’s:
- Creamy + crispy
- Loaded with veggies
- Tastes like Grandma’s
Important Ingredients Notes
Here’s what you’ll need to make this keto salad:
- Cauliflower – I use one SMALL head of cauliflower to make this cauliflower potato salad–if using a large cauliflower, be sure to add less (otherwise the dressing won’t coat the veggies). We’ll steam the cauliflower before adding it in, so feel free to use frozen as well.
- Bacon – If watching your carbs (or if eating paleo), read the label and look for sugar free bacon.
- Celery- Adds a nice crunch.
- Sour Cream – This adds SO much flavor to the dressing. If you’d like a lower fat alternative, sub in low carb Greek yogurt.
- Spices – The spices are what make this a Southern cauliflower potato salad. Feel free to swap, skip, or add to your liking.
Store your cauliflower potato salad in an airtight container in the fridge. BONUS! It tastes better the next day, once the flavors have had time to marry. If serving this at a party, I recommend making it the night before.
- Not a fan of mayo? Try Greek yogurt instead, like in my greek yogurt chicken salad.
- Add protein such as chicken or ham, to turn this cauliflower potato salad into a more substantial meal.
- Make it spicy by adding hot sauce or diced jalapenos to this cauliflower potato salad dish.
More Easy Salad Recipes
Cauliflower Potato SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower small
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs diced (note 1)
- 6 Slices Bacon cooked + crumbled (note 2)
- 5 Scallions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream (note 3)
- 1/3 Cup Regular Mayonnaise (note 3)
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- Steam. Cut cauliflower (1 head) into bite-sized pieces and steam. This can be done in the microwave with water in a large microwave-safe bowl--microwave on high, for about 15 minutes. Or over the stove. Drain WELL!
- Dressing. Add mayonnaise (1/3 cup), sour cream (1/3 cup ), mustard (1 tablespoon), paprika (1/4 teaspoon), salt (1/2 teaspoon) and black pepper (1/4 teaspoon) to a small bowl, and stir until well combined.
- Combine. Add steamed cauliflower, hard-boiled eggs (4 diced), cooked bacon (6 slices), celery (½ cup), and scallions (5 sliced) to a large bowl and toss to combine. Pour dressing over the top and fold until salad is well dressed. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Place salad in the fridge for a few hours before serving (note 4), and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Easy hard-boiled eggs: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add eggs. Cook for 15 minutes, then place them in a large bowl with ice. Peel, dice, and add them in!
- If paleo, low carb, or keto, read labels and look for sugar free bacon.
- For a lighter version, consider subbing some of the mayonnaise or sour cream for Greek yogurt.
- This salad tastes even better the next day!