This decadently creamy and refreshingly delicious, milkshake-esk keto strawberry smoothie is one of my favorite low carb drinks!! Can you guess why?
Because it’s one of those low carb recipes that’s quick, delicious and TOTALLY customizable. Just throw those low carb smoothies ingredients in a blender and pour it into a cup.
They make for amazing low carb snacks and breakfasts, and they taste like DESSERT! The perfect meal for when you’re rushing out the door, or looking for something refreshing to sip on.
Let’s get started!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we'll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you'll get great new recipes from us every week!
Can you have a cornerstone recipe? Cuz this low carb strawberry smoothie recipe is ridiculously delicious and I go back to it again and again.
I feel like it just GETS me, you know? Plus..
- It takes ONE tool! That means less dishes, which means basically, I’m on a holiday.
- You probably have all of these ingredients in your fridge, right now. Groceries = done.
- I can switch it up depending on my cravings, even while I’m making it! I like that kind of flexiblity.
Here’s everything you need to know about whipping up these bad boys:
- Check your yogurt! Use a low carb / high protein greek yogurt combo to really get the most out of this ingredient.
- Same goes for your milk. A low carb milk helps keep this smoothie in a healthy carb range.
- Freezing your berries allows them to contribute to the creaminess of this low carb smoothie. Plus, they’re always available.
Tools To Make
All I use to make this keto strawberry smoothie is a blender! Using a good one is helpful to get the ice well incorporated, so if you don’t have on, maybe look into a Blendtec or Vitamix.
Be sure to add milk first, then the other ingredients. This saves me from using some sort of utensil to scrape down the sides and bottom (remember – no dishes is the goal!)
Smoothies will keep for a little bit once mixed up. I just pop a lid on the blender and store any leftovers in the fridge…
…But don’t wait too long. The ice will met, and it will be less “low carb strawberry smoothie” and more “cold strawberry soup.”
Can You Freeze This?
Freezing the INGREDIENTS for this keto strawberry smoothie ahead of time will actually help it to be even more smooth, creamy and delicious!
Meal Prepping Tips
Smoothies are great for meal prep because you can bag all the ingredients together, taking this ALREADY fast recipe to record-breaking levels.
Simply prep your ingredients (besides your milk) into individual small serving baggies and freeze. Then, you can just pop them into your blender with your milk and you’ll have breakfast in no time.
This low carb strawberry smoothie is an easy healthy recipes fave, especially because I can customize it however I want:
- Have berries I need to use up? Perfect!
- Feeling like chocolate? Throw in some carob chips of cocoa powder!
- Need to up the protein count? Throw in some protein powder!
How Can I Make This A Healthy Breakfast Smoothie?
I’m one of those people that can always go for ice cream. Unfortunately, society frowns on dessert before noon, but that’s where this keto breakfast smoothie saves the day…
Sometimes I add in some chia, flax or hemp hearts to really make this a healthy breakfast option that even I forget isn’t from my freezer!
Can I Add Greens To This Healthy Smoothie?
Even though this low carb strawberry smoothie is pretty in pink, healthy smoothies come in all shades of the rainbow.
Not only are keto green smoothie recipes super instagrammable, but they’re also a great way to get in some much needed veggies. I just toss in some spinach and avocado instead of (or in addition to) the berries, and bam – a healthy milkshake, plus a boomarang as a bonus!
How Can I Make This Into Low Carb Meal Replacement Shakes?
This low carb strawberry smoothie makes for a great keto breakfast just as it is. But to make this a bit more of a meal, throw in some whey or plant based powder to transform this into a low carb protein shake.
Make sure you choose one that’s low carb and that you enjoy the taste of! Be sure to add it in after your liquid so that it blend in seamlessly.
How Can I Make This A Creamy Low Carb Smoothie?
This low carb strawberry smoothie can easily be turned into a keto milkshake with a few simple tweaks…
Sometimes I swap the milk for heavy cream, which makes it absolutely LUSCIOUS, and one of the best keto snacks!
Or, make it a keto peanut butter smoothie by adding in some natural peanut butter! The oils in the PB really make this smoothie thick and delicious. Plus, low carb and sugar means this smoothie is great anytime of day!
- Keto Chia Pudding
- Keto Protein Shake
- Keto Breakfast Cookies
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Zucchini Bread
Keto Strawberry SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Toss all ingredients in blender (in the order listed above to minimize jamming) and blend away.
- Top with chia seeds (2 tablespoons), hemp seeds, or whatever you'd like. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- Milk. I swap between unsweetened light almond or coconut milk.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 smoothie, if you make 2 smoothies using this recipe, and was calculated using whole milk Fage (for Greek yogurt), and ISO Pure vanilla protein powder: