No carb foods get a bad rap, but some of the tastiest, healthiest, and most versatile choices are no or keto foods!
All of these delicious options make incredible staples for building meals and snacks — mix and match them any way you like, for endless variety!
Check out this list of 51 not carb foods – I bet you’ll find a few fun surprises!
51 Delicious Carb Foods
From bacon to cheese to steak — there are SO many satiating and delicious foods on this list! (Foods you don’t have to be on a low carb meal plan to crave…)
Incorporating them adds protein and fat to your day, while keeping you happy satiated and full.
This list of no carb foods is based on NET carbs — which is the total number of carbs minus the fiber and sugar alcohols.
Here are 51 delicious no carb foods:
Meat, Eggs, Fish + Poultry
Protein heavy foods are great staples for meals and snacks, because they’re naturally low carb! Plus, there are countless ways to season them! Take low carb beef jerky as an example – you can find it in black pepper, spicy even citrus varieties! (Just thinking about them gets my mouth watering!)
Here are a few protein packed no carb foods:
- Chicken (3 oz) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Turkey (1 lb) -0.7g carbs, 0.7g net carbs
- Eggs (1 large) -0.3g carbs, 0.3g net carbs
- Pork (3 oz) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Bacon (1 strip) -0.3g carbs, 0.2g net carbs
- Veal (3 oz) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Venison (3 oz) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Lamb (3 oz) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Duck (3 oz)-0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Beef (3 oz)- 0.2g carbs, 0.2g net carbs
- Salmon (3oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- White fish (3 oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Shrimp (3 oz)- 0.4g carbs, 0.4g net carbs
- Scallops (3 oz) -2.7g carbs, 2.7g net carbs
- Crab meat (3 oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Lobster (3 oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Tuna (3 oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Jerky/Meat Sticks (1 oz)- 3.1g carbs, 2.6g net carbs
Dairy foods are incredibly helpful – fast to prepare, calcium-filled, versatile, and DELISH!!
They give so many of our meals that creamy scrumptiousness we crave. Plus there are so many options for no carb foods – just focus on making smart choices.
Make sure to choose keto cheese or keto milk options, or try keto greek yogurt – it’s AMAZING for making all sorts of sauces…
- Cheese (1 slice, cheddar) -0.6g carbs, 0.6g net carbs
- Greek yogurt (Trader Joe’s) 27g -0.9g total carbs, 0.9g net carbs
- Heavy cream (1 oz) -0.8g carbs, 0.8g net carbs
- Butter (1 cup) -0.1g carbs, 0.1g net carbs
- Cream cheese (1 tbsp) -0.5g carbs,0.5g net carbs
Oils + Condiments
These awesome no carb foods help accessorize our meals and snacks. They dress everything up, lending tons of flavor and versatility without adding any unnecessary and unhelpful carbs.
- Mayonnaise (1 tbsp) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Mustard (1 tbsp) -0.3g carbs, 0.1g net carbs
- Olive oil (1 tbsp) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Vegetable oil (1 tbsp) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Coconut oil (1 tbsp) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp) -0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Hot sauce (most, check labels) (1 tsp) -0.8g carbs, 0.8g net carbs
- Vinegar (not balsamic) (1 tbsp)-0.1g carbs, 0.1g net carbs
Low Carb Vegetables
When it comes to finding keto vegetables, it’s great to think GREEN.
In addition to being low in carbs, many of these veggies are high in vitamins and mild in flavor, making them perfect no carb foods for pairing with some of those accessories from above!
- Watercress (1 cup) -0.4g carbs, 0.4g net carbs
- Lettuce (1 leaf) -0.7g carbs, 0.4g net carbs
- Arugula (1/2 cup) -0.4g carbs, 0.2g net carbs
- Kale (1 cup) -0.9g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Spinach (1 cup) -1g carbs, 0.3g net carbs
- Broccoli Raab (1 cup) -1.1g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Swiss Chard (1 cup) -1.4g carbs, 0.8g net carbs
- Cucumber (1/2 cup) -1.9g carbs, 1.6g net carbs
- Celery (1 large stalk) -1.9g carbs, 0.9g net carbs
Made mostly of water, these low carb beverages hydrate you and replenish what your body needs most – that’s why they’re so refreshing! There are countless varieties of coffee and tea. I love a little cinnamon in my brewed coffee, or iced fruit teas with my lunch.
Plus, water, water, and more water! Try infusing some with fresh herbs or cucumbers to add in extra flavor and vitamins!
- Water – 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Soda water – 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Coffee – 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Tea – 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
No Carb Snacks
These no carb snacks have both bold flavors and filling power! Pork rinds or olives help satisfy your salty snack drive, and keto protein powder comes in SO many flavors…
I like to mix it up with some ice and low carb milk for a sumptuous milkshake that fills me up and quenches my craving for something cold, creamy and sweet!
- Cheese crisps (2 crisps)- 1g carbs, 1g net carbs
- Pork rinds (0.5 oz)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Olives (1 tbsp) – 0.5g carbs, 0.4g net carbs
- Cheese sticks (per stick)- 0g carbs, 0g net carbs
- Whey protein powder (2 scoops 39g) -3g carbs, 3g net carbs
- Pickles (1 medium)- 1.5g carbs, 0.7g net carbs
- Pepperoncinis (15g)- 1.4g carbs, 1.2g net carbs
51+ Tastiest No Carb FoodsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound salt skin on or off based on preference
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Option to line a baking sheet for easy clean up--I like to fully wrap my salmon in foil to help keep it moist, if you'd like to do this, place an extra large sheet of foil on the baking sheet and set aside.
- Place salmon on baking sheet and pat completely dry with paper towels. Sprinkle garlic on top, then drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinle with salt and pepper. Place lemon sliced on top.
- Option, and strongly recommended to place aluminum foil over the top of the salmon--you can also lay a sheet of parchment paper on top. Bake in preheated oven until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily, should be 12-15 minutes.
- Top with fresh herbs before serving, and enjoy.
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Eating no carb foods does NOT mean eating less of the foods you love, it just means eating smart! I love using this list to creatively customize my favorite recipes to make them even better than before.
Find a new favorite low carb food above? Comment below and tell me about it! Or, if I missed your favorite no carb foods, share them below…