What low carb breakfasts start your day better than a low carb green smoothie??
It’s one of those low carb meals that’s full of protein and veggies, and somehow, tastes so darn DELISH! Trust me when I tell you, this low carb drinks more of a milkshake than anything… did I mention it take 5 minutes to make?!
Silky smooth lusciousness, your new kitchen staple.
Below I’ll show you how to meal prep low carb smoothies and share a few delicious low carb recipes variations.
Let’s get blending!
Low Carb Green Smoothie Ingredients
Make your smoothies low carb approved with simple low carb shopping list ingredients! All of which are items you already own, or that would make a great addition to your kitchen:
Low carb milks of choice.
Make your low carb green smoothie with almond milk or coconut milk. Add more milk if you like a thin smoothie, and less if you’d prefer it thick.
If you’d like to increase the fat content of your low carb green smoothie, sub some of the milk for heavy cream!
Adds a delicious flavor to the drink.
And the most important low carb green smoothie ingredient of all…
Low Carb Protein Powder
As far as flavor and macros go, low carb protein powder is the most important ingredient in this recipe!
I always add this to low carb smoothies for diabetics to help balance the carbs to fat to protein ratio. Plus, it adds a delicious flavor and creaminess to smoothies. Heck, I even use it in my sugar free ice cream!
However, if you happen to get a nasty tasting protein powder, you’ll hate me/this recipe. Make sure you LIKE the taste of your protein powder before adding it to your low carb green smoothie. I stick to these 2 products:
How to Make This Low Carb Breakfast Smoothie
I’m not kidding when I tell you that this low carb breakfast smoothie takes 5 minutes to make!
- Toss your ingredients into the blender — starting with liquids (this prevents ingredients from getting caught under the blade).
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
Meal Prepping This Low Carb Protein Shake
This low carb protein shake is the perfect way to low carb meal prep your breakfast!
Just add your low carb green smoothie keto ingredients to a ziplock bag and toss it in the freezer — make sure you leave out the liquids (milk, water, etc), we’ll add these when we blend.
Then, whenever you’re craving a smoothie, just add the liquid to your blender, followed by the contents of your bag, and blend away!
Low Carb Milkshakes + Other Variations
Low carb milkshakes + smoothies are fun to get creative with. You can swap, add, or skip any of the ingredients on this list — just make sure you have enough liquid for the blender to blend!
Here are some ideas:
- Smoothie Bowls — To make this, add a couple handfuls of ice to the blender, that way your smoothie becomes more of a bowl that a sippable drink. Top it with a handful of low carb granola, and enjoy this low carb green smoothie bowl with a spoon!
- Add some fruit — stick to fruits that’re lower in carbs, such as strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- Add some low carb peanut butter — may sound weird, but it’s addictingly delicious!
- Add MCT Oil for keto bonus points.
- Swap out some of the milk with heavy cream, or even low carb Greek yogurt (if adding yogurt, use less protein powder).
- Different low carb vegetables — I find spinach is the most mild green to add to low carb green smoothies. But if you’re craving something different, try romaine or kale (keep in mind, their flavors will be less mild).
More Low Carb Smoothies Recipes
Looking for more healthy low carb smoothies to add into your meal plan? Great! Here are a few tasty options:
Hope you enjoy this low carb green smoothie recipe as much as I do! Whether you’re eating it in a bowl, or slurping it up with a straw, let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Low Carb Green Smoothie
- Add ingredients to a blender + blend! If you'd like to eat this as a smoothie bowl, add 2 cups of ice.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blod is strictly prohibited.