These low carb peanut butter balls are one of those low carb recipes I have to hide from myself… because they’re SO.INCREDIBLY.GOOOD!
Some call them buckeyes, others call them energy bites. I call them perfection.
The great news about this low carb candy is that it comes together in under 20 minutes of prep! And stores beautifully in the freezer, so you always have delicious low carb desserts that are sure to curb your cravings.
Trust me, you’ll savor every one of these creamy chocolate and low carb peanut butter bites. Let’s start!
Lush. Decadent. Satisfying. Out of this world. They’re amazing! Plus:
- Ready in under an hour and most of that is waiting on them in the freezer!
- 8 inexpensive, clean ingredients!
- Everything you love about peanut butter cups, homemade, healthy and tastier than ever!
These low carb peanut butter balls are high protein low carb snacks disguised as dessert! Plus, they are SO easy!
You’re just a few everyday ingredients away from one of the most delicious healthy desserts you can dream up!
Low carb peanut butter – A lot of store-bought peanut butters have hidden sugars, so make sure to check those labels!
If you want, you can always make your own… Take 2 cups raw, unshelled peanuts, a dash of salt, and pulverize in a food processor. Add a little erythritol if you want and boom, you have peanut butter!
Erythritol – This is my favorite of the keto sweeteners. Zero carb, zero calorie, plant based – it’s amazing! You’ll want powdered erythritol for this recipe, as it blends best with the PB, and will give you less of the sugar alcohol “crunch”.
Don’t have powdered? That’s ok – go ahead and pop some granulated in a (VERY DRY) blender and pulse a few times. Voila!
Chocolate – You’ll want a sugar free chocolate for this recipe — I love Lily’s chocolate chips for this (they make dark, semi-sweet and milk chocolate versions!) but you can always make your own by following my super each low carb chocolate recipe!
Tools To Make
Blend, Roll, Freeze, Dip – this recipe is ridiculously easy!
- Hand mixer – This is the main tool you’ll need to make these easy low carb peanut butter balls. Use it to make sure your mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
- Baking sheet – Make sure you have room in your freezer for this baking sheet, cuz that’s where this is going. If you need to do a smaller sheet, just freeze your peanut butter balls in batches.
- Microwave – You’ll want a microwave or double boiler to melt the chocolate for the coating.
Store these delectable low carb peanut butter balls in an airtight container. Personally, I’d keep them in the fridge because I love these low carb snacks nice and cold with a glass of low carb milk! (And it stops me from eating them all in one sitting!)
- Want to add a little crunch? Try some mix-ins! You can add some chopped low carb nuts or sugar free chocolate chips in your mixture before rolling out the balls.
- Change the coating. You can swap out the coating for low carb dark chocolate or white chocolate if you have a preference, or try making a variety!
- Prefer cream cheese instead of PB? If you want a different flavor combo, try swapping some peanut butter for some low carb cream cheese, like in my cream cheese fat bombs! You can also check out some inspiration in these decadent cheesecake fat bombs.
- Add protein. Turn these into low carb energy balls by adding in some low carb protein powder (you’ll want to skip some sweetener if you try this variation!)… do these even count as candy??
- Try different nut butters. You can swap out the peanut butter for any kind of nut butter, like almond or sunbutter!
Low Carb Peanut Butter BallsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and peanut butter using a hand mixer until creamy and completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add erythritol, vanilla, salt and peanut flour. Beat for about 2 minutes, until everything is combined. The ingredients will look soft yet crumbly, we'll use the warmth from our hands to bring everything together.
- Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until you've formed 21 balls. If the "dough" is too soft to form, place in the fridge until you can.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- A few minutes before they're done, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave using 30-second intervals at 50% power.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate, then return them to your baking sheet, and place the baking sheet back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened - about 10 minutes.
- Store in the fridge/freezer, and enjoy!
Need some more dessert recipes? Every single one of these is low carb and they’re some of my faves!
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies – These creamy, crunchy cookies are the perfect afternoon snack.
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb – All the cookie dough love, none of the carbs!
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Fudge – Peanut butter fudge is all of my food dreams come true!
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – Make staying Keto delicious and easy!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs – These little bites are, in a word, heavenly!
These low carb peanut butter bites make a perfect treat or quick snack!
Plus, I love how customizable they are. Leave me a note in the comments about how exactly you made them the way you love!