Amidst the hamburger buns, chicken nuggets and french fries, there are some delicious low carb McDonalds orders to choose from — you just need to know where to look and how to order!
Which means, instead of giving into high carb temptations when you’re rushing or you left your low carb meal prep at home, McDonalds is a great option. From low carb lunches to low carb breakfast, check out these low carb McDonalds orders to help you stay on track!
Best Low Carb McDonalds Orders
From keto McDonalds breakfast to low carb McDonalds burgers — this fast food chain has got a handful of orders to choose from! Here are your best options based on course:
Low Carb McDonalds Breakfast:
By simply skipping the biscuit, english muffin, hash browns and tortillas, you can chow down on a handful of flavorful items! Here’s a list of keto McDonalds breakfast choices.
Pst, American cheese adds 2g of carbs per meal.
- Egg McMuffin — no english muffin
Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 0g
- Egg White Delight McMuffin — no english muffin
Carbs: 2g | Fiber 0g
- Sausage McMuffin® with Egg — no english muffin
Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 0g
- Sausage Burrito — no tortilla, order in a bowl
Carbs: 4g | Fiber: 0g
Low Carb McDonalds Burgers:
If low carb foods is your goal, then you know what you have to skip — the bun. Leaving you with the two tastiest ingredients low carb McDonalds has to offer: burger and cheese. Then whatever burger toppings you’d like to spurle on…
You may choose to skip or load up on a these toppings, here’s the nutritional breakdown so you can save carbs wherever you see fit:
- Onions: 2g of carbs/burger
- Pasteurized Process American Cheese: 2g carbs/burger
- Big Mac Sauce: 2g carbs/burger
- Ketchup: 5g carbs/burger
Everyone will order differently (based on what toppings they’re craving from the list above) but here’s how I ordered my low carb McDonalds burgers:
- Big Mac — no bun, no Big Mac sauce
Carbs: 5g | Fiber 1g
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese — no bun, no ketchup
Carbs: 4g | Fiber 1g
- Bacon McDouble — no bun, no ketchup
Carbs: 4g | Fiber 0g
Low Carb McDonalds “Sandwiches”:
As with the burger orders above, everyone is willing to spurle on different ingredients. Here are some of the “skips” or “includes” to consider:
- Sweet Mustard Sauce: 2g carbs/sandwich
- Bacon Onion Sauce: 6g carbs/sandwich
- Fried Onion Strings: 9g carbs/sandwich
Here’s how I ordered these low carb McDonalds Sandwiches:
- Bacon Smokehouse Artisan Grilled Chicken — no bun, no bacon onion sauce, no fried onion strings
Carbs: 5g | Fiber 0g
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich — no bun (I added cheese which would increase the carb count)
Carbs: 2g | Fiber 1g
- McRib — no roll, no McRib sauce
Carbs: 1g | Fiber 0g
The McRib wasn’t an option at the store I visited so I can’t vouch for the taste, but based on the nutritional breakdown, it’s a great choice!
Low Carb McDonalds Salads:
The low carb salads choices at McDonald’s are pretty limited. Be sure to order the grilled vs fried chicken salad — but you were already planning on that, weren’t you 😉
- Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad
Carbs: 9g | Fiber 3g
If you’d like to shave off a few extra carbs, skip the grape tomatoes — they add 2 g carbs per salad.
Low Carb McDonalds Coffee:
McDonalds isn’t the best place for custom coffees, as they don’t carry the same specialty ingredients (such as low carb milk and sugar free syrup) as low carb Starbucks — but, if you’re in a pinch, here are you best choices:
As most of your know, there are a ton of carbs in milk, which is the main contributor to the high carb count in these McDonalds coffee drinks. Order your coffee with a splash of heavy cream instead.
What Not to Order For Keto McDonalds
You probably already know what to avoid if your goal is keto McDonalds, but just in case, here’s the nutritional breakdown of the high carb menu items:
- Bacon Smokehouse Burger — as is
- Bacon Smokehouse Buttermilk Crispy Chicken — as is
- Buttermilk Crispy Tenders — as is
- Sweet N’ Spicy Honey BBQ Glazed Tenders — as is
- Small Fries — as is
- Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait — as is
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal — as is
- Hotcakes — as is
- Hash Browns — as is
- Vanilla Shake — as is
Other McDonalds Carbs Breakdown
McDonalds has an awesome nutrition calculator so you can see the McDonalds carbs before getting there — making it easy to decide where to splurge / save. Click here to check it out!
As I said before, each of us are willing to splurge and save on different foods.
For example, some of you are searching for low carb McDonalds chicken nuggets. A 4 piece order of chicken nuggets contains 11g of carbs — depending on the amount of carbs you’re eating per day, this may work for your low carb meal plan.
Check out the calculator to plan your meal based on your specific goals and carb count!
Other Low Carb Fast Food
Up next are burger king low carb, low carb kfc and low carb wendy’s guides so stay tuned!
No matter the situation, these tasty low carb McDonalds orders are here to help you stay on track! Let me know in the comments below your favorite order. Hope you enjoy!