Amidst the hamburger buns, chicken nuggets, and french fries, there are some delicious low carb McDonalds orders to choose from — you just need to know where to look and how to order off the low carb fast food menu!
Which means, instead of giving in to high carb temptations when you’re rushing or you left your lunch at home, low carb restaurants like McDonalds are on your side.
From breakfast to lunch to dinner, check out these top 10 orders to help you stay on track!
From breakfast to burgers to “sandwiches”, the Mcdonald’s menu is FULL of flavor-packed, high protein, low carb, and suuuper convenient choices.
Here are the 10 best low carb Mcdonalds orders:
By simply skipping the biscuit, English muffin, hash browns, and tortillas, you can chow down on a handful of flavorful items! Here’s a list of low carb breakfast choices at McDonalds.
Psst, American cheese adds 2g of carbs per meal.
- Egg McMuffin (no English muffin) | Carbs: 3g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Egg White Delight McMuffin (no English muffin) | Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Sausage McMuffin® with Egg (no English muffin) | Carbs: 3g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Sausage Burrito (no tortilla, order in a bowl) | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 4g
If low carb is your goal, then you know what you have to skip — the bun. Leaving you with the two tastiest ingredients low carb McDonalds has to offer: burger and cheese. Then whatever burger toppings you’d like to add…
You may choose to skip or load up on these toppings, here’s the nutritional breakdown so you can save carbs wherever you see fit:
- Onions: 2g of carbs/burger
- Pasteurized Process American Cheese: 2g carbs/burger
- Big Mac Sauce: 2g carbs/burger
- Ketchup: 5g carbs/burger
Everyone will order differently (based on what toppings they’re craving from the list above) but here’s how I ordered my low carb McDonalds burgers:
- Big Mac (no bun, no Big mac sauce) | Carbs: 5g, Net Carbs: 4g
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese (no bun, no ketchup) | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Bacon McDouble (no bun, no ketchup) | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 4g
As with the burger orders above, everyone is willing to splurge on different ingredients. Here are some of the “skips” or “includes” to consider:
- Sweet Mustard Sauce: 2g carbs/sandwich
- Bacon Onion Sauce: 6g carbs/sandwich
- Fried Onion Strings: 9g carbs/sandwich
Here’s how I ordered these low carb McDonalds Sandwiches:
- Bacon Smokehouse Artisan Grilled Chicken (no bun, no bacon onion sauce, no fried onion strings) | Carbs: 5g, Net Carbs: 5g
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Cheese (no bun) | Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 1g
- McRib (no bun, no McRib sauce) | Carbs: 1g, Net Carbs: 1g
You probably already know what to avoid if your goal is low carb McDonalds, but just in case, order your burger without a bun, muffin, biscuit, or ketchup. Skip the fries, milkshake, and hashbrowns.
Curious about a few of the traditional menu item’s nutritional breakdown? Here’s what you should know:
- Bacon Smokehouse Burger | Carbs: 62g
- Bacon Smokehouse Buttermilk Crispy Chicken | Carbs: 81g
- Buttermilk Crispy Tenders | Carbs: 25g
- Sweet N’ Spicy Honey BBQ Glazed Tenders | Carbs: 63g
- Small Fries | Carbs: 29g
- Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait | Carbs: 30g
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal | Carbs: 62g
- Hotcakes | Carbs: 102g
- Hash Browns | Carbs: 16g
- Vanilla Shake | Carbs: 79g
What Are The Carbs In Mcdonalds Food
The carbs in Mcdonalds are easy to find and pretty obvious: bread, fried food, and french fries.
Luckily for us, it’s as easy to spot these items as it is to order low carb Mcdonalds without them — skip that bun and ketchup, order without fries, you know the drill!
McDonalds has an awesome nutrition calculator so you can see the McDonalds carbs before getting there — making it easy to decide where to splurge/save.
One thing that’s worth mentioning: Mcdonalds nutrition isn’t exactly the pinnacle of health. So while these options are there for you in a pinch, don’t forget about all your delicious (and more nutritious!) home-cooked options as well!
Looking for copycat low carb recipes to curb your McDonalds cravings?? I’ve got you! Here are some of my favorites:
- Low Carb Hamburger Buns. Enjoy a burger like you used to!!
- Jicama Fries (my favorite french fry sub!)
- Low Carb Big Mac. This sauce is LEGIT!
- Low Carb Ketchup. 5-minute recipe!
- Almond flour biscuit. Ridiculously fluffy, McDonalds who??
Low carb fast food may not be the healthiest choice, but it’s there for us in a pinch! If you’re looking for other low carb restaurants to venture to, check out these guides!
- Low Carb Taco Bell. Saved by the bell!
- Low Carb Chipotle. Think of it as a suuuper zesty low carb taco bar!
- Low Carb Starbucks. Food AND coffee? Happiest place on earth!
- Low Carb Subway. Sandwich in a bowl, YES, please!
- Low Carb Wendy’s. Another burger joint for the win!
No matter the situation, these tasty low carb McDonalds orders are here to help you stay on track! Let me know in the comments below your favorite order! Enjoy!