Wouldn’t it be great and make sticking to your low carb meal plan significantly easier if you could find good quality, low carb fast food in any city or town? Of course it would! And guess what?
You can find delicious, keto, low carb options at a wide variety of fast food restaurants, making it easy to stick to your low carb eating plan, even when you’re out and about!
I’m not talking about obscure items on the “hidden menus” of one or two restaurants. I’m talking, low carb meals you can find at more than 11 well-known low carb fast food restaurants around the nation! You can even find low carb fast food breakfast items!
Sound like what you’ve been searching for? Read on to find out what and where!
Guide to Low Carb Fast Food
Below I’ll share low carb fast food orders from 11 popular restaurants, plus things to watch out for and how to whip up low carb recipes as a fast food alternative. Use this table of contents to skip to the section you’re looking for:
11 Most Popular keto friendly fast food Joints
The 11 most popular keto friendly fast food joints are:
1. Low Carb Arby’s
Arby’s “has the meats”. (according to their commercials, that is!) Low carb Arby’s is so easy, here’s what to order for delicious low carb lunches or dinners:
- Roast Beef Classic (no bun or sauce) – 1 gram of carb
- Smokehouse Brisket with Gouda Cheese (no bun or onion strings) – 2 grams of carb
2. Low Carb KFC
KFC is America’s favorite chicken restaurant, with its mysterious secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices. And even though you may never know what the spices are, you can still get low carb KFC – just order this:
- Grilled chicken breast/thighs/drumsticks – 0 grams of carbs
- House Side Salad (with buttermilk dressing) – 4 grams of salad
3. Low Carb Taco Bell
Everyone loves Taco Bell – and now everyone (at least us low carb-ers) can enjoy low carb Taco Bell menu options. Get tips on what to order right here:
- Power Menu Chicken Bowl (no beans or rice) – 8 grams of carbs
- Mini Skillet Bowl (no potatoes) – 4 grams of carbs
4. Low Carb Jersey Mike’s
Jersey Mike’s is a sandwich Mecca, with fresh cut meats and cheeses and fresh, crispy vegetable toppings. Don’t give it up, try low carb Jersey Mike’s by skipping the bread! Here’s how to order:
- California Dreamin’In a Tub – 9 grams of carbs
- BLT In a Tub – 8 grams of carbs
5. Low Carb McDonald’s
McDonald’s has become a household name and that doesn’t have to change just because you’ve adopted a low carb way of life! Just order these options for low carb McDonald’s and enjoy your classic favorites without the guilt:
- Sausage McMuffin with Egg (no english muffin) – 3 grams of carbs
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese (no bun, no ketchup) – 4 grams of carbs
6. Low Carb Jimmy Johns
Jimmy Johns is fast and easy. Low carb Jimmy Johns is just as fast, just as easy and quite possibly twice as delicious! See what to order here:
- #8 Billy Club Unwich – 6 grams of carbs
- #1 Pepe Ham Unwich – 6 grams of carbs
7. Low Carb Carl’s Jr.
Carl’s Jr. serves delicious burgers, and (I know you’re getting the hang of this…) so does low carb Carl’s Jr.! Here’s what to order when a low carb burger craving hits:
- Low Carb Charbroiled Chicken Club – 7 grams of carbs
- 1/2 Lb Lettuce Wrapped Thickburger (no ketchup) – 7 grams of carbs
8. Low Carb Subway
Low carb Subway is low maintenance! Keto friendly, low carb options abound! Find out what they are here:
- Cold Cut Combo Salad (order with double meat) – 13 grams of carbs
- Rotissere Style Chicken Salad (order with double meat) – 12 grams of carbs
9. Low Carb Wendy’s
Wendy’s is a fan-favorite, with their square burgers and tasty toppings. Find out how to keep it low carb with these low carb Wendy’s orders:
- Son of Baconator (no bun, no ketchup) – 4 grams of carbs
- Southwest Avocado Chicken Salad (half size) – 10 grams of carbs
10. Keto Chipotle
Low carb mexican food is SO full of flavor, you don’t need the tortillas, rice or beans to keep it delicious. Enjoy all the great taste with keto Chipotle! Check out my guide for what to order here — there are SO many Chipotle low carb options, so I created a dedicated post for it instead!
11. Low Carb Starbucks
Even Starbucks, everyone’s favorite coffeehouse, has options for a low carb lifestyle! Here’s what low carb Starbucks has to offer — savour a warm (or cold!) treat today:
- Low Carb Latte (tall latte with almond milk + extra shot of espresso) – 7 grams of carbs
- Low Carb Cappuccino (tall cappuccino with almond milk + extra shot of espresso) – 7 grams of carbs
Low Carb restaurants Foods to Avoid
If you’re not in the mood for low carb fast food, try checking out some low carb restaurants instead. In fact, almost any restaurant can be a low carb one by following a few simple guidelines and avoiding obvious high carb foods. Here are a few foods to leave off your plate:
- Steer clear of the obvious “no-no’s”: breads, grains and pastas.
- Be leery of starchy vegetables and high carb fruits. Check out my guide to low carb vegetables and low carb fruits for a better idea.
- Avoid sauces, these are often loaded in sugar.
- Opt for grilled meats seasoned with herbs and spices instead of fried or breaded.
- Sorry to say, but if low carb is your goal, skip the desserts (restaurants are usually not whipping up low carb desserts options).
Tips for Ordering at Keto Restaurants
Although most restaurants aren’t advertising themselves as keto restaurants, you can order just about anywhere! Along with the foods to avoid above, here are some tips and tricks to get you dinning in low carb style:
- For tasty low carb lunch ideas, try a salad version of a sandwich and load up on green veggies and meats.
- Use lettuce as a bun for a burger or a grilled chicken sandwich, for a protein packed treat and that beloved handheld feel.
- Italian restaurants will usually have a caprese option; choose that with a non-breaded protein and ask for the sauce on the side.
- And of course there are plenty of keto vegetables to load up on — order them raw or steamed. If ordering a stir fry, make sure it’s made without cornstarch.
- Meat and cheese plates are always a delicious choice.
Keto delivery Options
Low Carb Chinese food is a great example of a quick and easy low carb meal delivered right to your door. And don’t forget keto delivery services like Uber Eats and Door Dash! You can usually leave notes to the restaurant about any modifications you’d like to make to your meal. Let them know your goals by applying the same logic as above, and enjoy!
Keto fast food at home
Or, maybe you’re in the mood for low carb fast food taste without the fast food reality — you know, a little less grease, a little less guilt, a little less preservatives? Whip up some keto fast food at home instead!
There are so many low carb dinner ideas out there that come together in 10 minutes or less — which is about the same amount of time it’ll take you to drive through the low carb fast food parking lot. Not to mention, eating at home has so many benefits, such as time with your family, healthier options, and cost-effectiveness!
There are tons of low carb recipes online for fast and easy low carb dinners and low carb fast food desserts! A low carb food list can be found here for your reference. And don’t forget to look here for a convenient low carb shopping list. Save leftovers for low carb meal prep, and enjoy!
Finding low carb fast food, or making your very own low carb foods version is SO easy! I hope you’ve found some of this information helpful. What’re your favorite low carb fast food restaurants and orders? Let me know in the comments below!