There’s so much more to Taco Bell than the super-double-decker-cheesy-potato wrapped in a tortilla, and this list of low carb Taco Bell orders is here to prove it!
While low carb options at similar quick-service chains are available, the infinitely customizable and boldly different menu at Taco Bell can make for an especially appealing low carb fast food option.
Taco Bell low carb breakfast, bowls, and salads are just a select few delicious low carb foods you can devour here.
Let’s dive in…
Here are all the macros of the lowest carb orders, and tips and tricks on how to order to get your meal just right! From the Taco Bell taco salad carbs without shell to burrito without the tortilla… this list has got you covered!
Here are the best low carb taco bell orders:
- Mini Skillet Bowl (no potatoes) | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 0g
Easiest option in my opinion!
- Power Menu Steak Bowl (no rice and beans) | Carbs: 9g, Net Carbs: 7g
- Power Menu Chicken Bowl (no rice and beans) | Carbs: 7g, Net Carbs: 5g
Similar to the order above, with a few extra veggies.
- Fiesta Taco Salad with Chicken (no rice, no beans, no red strips, no shell) | Carbs: 8g, Net Carbs: 6g
- Fiesta Taco Salad with Steak (no rice, no beans, no red strips, no shell) | Carbs: 9g, Net Carbs: 7g
Order these guys in a bowl with a fork.
- Beef Nacho Loaded Griller (no tortilla, no red strips) | Carbs: 5g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Shredded Chicken Burrito (no tortilla, no rice) | Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Fresco Chicken Burrito Supreme (no tortilla, no beans) | Carbs: 5g, Net Carbs: 4g
This is another meal you’ll want to order in a bowl. I usually grab a few of these:
- Crunchy Taco, Steak (no shell) | Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Crunchy Taco, Fire-Grilled Chicken (no shell) | Carbs: 1g, Net Carbs: 1g
You know what to skip: Tortilla, Chips, Rice, Beans, and Corn. To give you an idea of some of the higher carb orders:
- Fiesta Taco Salad | Carbs: 75g, Net Carbs: 63g
- Crunchwrap Supreme | Carbs: 71g, Net Carbs: 65g
- Cheesy Gordita Crunch Supreme | Carbs: 43g, Net Carbs: 38g
- Steak and Cheddar Nacho Box | Carbs: 116g, Net Carbs: 106g
- Seven Layer Burrito | Carbs: 58g, Net Carbs: 50g
That said, check out my low carb tortillas and low carb tortilla chips for delicious alternatives to your favorites!
Tacos, burritos, and hot sauce–oh my! Who knew that Taco Bell’s low carb options were just as delicious and satisfying as their high carb offerings?!
Here are all the facts you should know before you go:
Taco Bell carbs are the usual suspects: tortillas, beans, rice, corn, and chips. Avoid these, or order your Taco Bell low carb without them, and you’ll be GOLDEN!
Fire-grilled chicken, grilled steak, shredded chicken, and seasoned beef — taco bell has a myriad of options to choose from.
Know that the fire-grilled chicken is the lowest carb option, while seasoned beef is the highest (adding 5g carbs per order)! Both shredded chicken and grilled steak add 2g carbs per serving.
Keep in mind items like sour cream, cheese and guacamole are low in NET carbs — so if you’re looking for some additional flavor, these are always great additions!
A wise broke college student once told me that “Taco Bell entrees are really just vehicles for Border sauce.” Honestly, I couldn’t agree more. Who doesn’t love to add those witty little sauce packets to their tray?
If you can relate, I’ve got fabulous news: they’re *almost* completely free of carbs (Fire sauce has <1 gram per packet.)!
That said, sauce packets aren’t the only salsa option to consider…
Pico de Gallo is a fresh, chunky, zesty tomato and onion salsa which can be another great way to liven up any low carb Taco Bell dish. According to Taco Bell’s nutrition page, a side of Pico de Gallo contains 2 grams of carbs.
Similarly, the creamy avocado-based guacamole contains a reasonable 3 grams of carbs per side.
A side of nacho cheese sauce has 4 grams of carbs, so opt instead for the shredded three-cheese blend to add a cheesy touch to your meal without contributing to your carb intake!
Taco Bell nutrition is spelled out in the nutrition portal of their website, which displays a full caloric breakdown based on your order’s specifications — so, if you’re craving something a little different than the options above, be sure to check it out!
- Low Carb Tortillas. Just as pliable and delicious as the Bell’s!
- Low Carb Crunchwrap. Our most popular copycat recipe.
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips. Fried or baked, both are delicious!
- Low Carb Nachos. Over veggies, or over our famous tortilla chips.
- Low Carb Taco Salad. You won’t even care that you’re eating veggies here.
Now, of course, foregoing your home-cooked meals to eat low carb Taco Bell and other fast food options isn’t the best idea, but when life calls for quick, low carb breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these joints have got you covered:
- Low Carb Mcdonalds. It’s on every corner, so it has to be on our list!
- Low Carb Chipotle. Build your own salad bowl with loads of flava!
- Low Carb Starbucks. Drinks, AND food, oh my!
- Low Carb Subway. Salads with toppings for days.
- Low Carb Burger King. Eat like a KING! (pun intended)
If there’s one, quick, Too-Long-Didn’t-Read takeaway from this article, let it be this: avoid tortillas, potatoes, chips, rice, and beans; load up on fresh veggies, salsas, and sauces; and order the dish your heart desires (with an easy low carb makeover.)
Using these ideas, you can feel great with your low carb eating choices even in a pinch. I hope these top 10 low carb Taco Bell menu items give you another tool in your wellness toolbox, so that when life gets hectic (as life tends to do) you can continue to meet your healthy living goals on the run!
What’s your favorite Taco Bell order? Let me know in the comments below!