Nachos are a thing of beauty that NO ONE should have to live without, and these LEGIT low carb nachos are here to show us just that!
This usually carby dish gets a makeover using my crispy + legit low carb tortilla chips, plus a handful of everyone’s favorite nacho toppings, like creamy/zesty queso, low carb taco seasoning (for suuuper moist taco meat), guacamole, and ALL the goodies!
We, love serving nachos as low carb appetizers, but it’s also a favorite for a relaxed movie night at home. And I can’t wait for you to see why. Let’s get cooking!
Who doesn’t love chips with queso?? There are so many reasons to love this recipe. Here’s what to expect before diving in:
- Ready in under 30
- Legit, crispy, keto chips
- 1 pan, 1 tray
- Versatile (see options below)
Before diving in, know that there are a few ways to make these keto nachos. Here are your options:
1. Our preferred keto nachos:
Are made of homemade tortilla chips, queso, and taco seasoning.
Now, I know making everything from scratch (especially my homemade keto chips) is time-consuming. Expect an additional 30 minutes of prep time if you make the recipe this way.
That said, these are LEGIT! And are the most similar to traditional nachos. But, if you’ve been eating low carb for a while, you may prefer:
2. Quick + Easy:
Using low carb vegetables instead. Cauliflower, broccoli, mini bell peppers, and zucchini nachos all work well here — you’ll just want to prebake them to soften ’em up!
The carbs in tortilla chips will vary depending on what you decide to use here.
3. Quickest + Easiest:
Start with a baked veggie base, then use these ingredients for toppings:
- Shredded cheese instead of queso. NOTE: we prefer queso to cheese as it’s got a creamier texture and zestier flava! Cheese hardens as it cools.
- Toss pre-cooked meat in taco seasoning.
- Find a sugar free taco seasoning from the store. Trader Joe’s brand has 1g sugar per serving and is perfect for low carb Mexican food.
Like all nachos, these keto nachos are best fresh from the oven. Otherwise, your chips will get soggy.
The great thing is, most of these ingredients can be prepared ahead of time, even the meat! You can literally pile everything together and have a meal in minutes if the prep is out of the way.
Store any leftover meat in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. No need to reheat, just add it to your nachos and pop in the oven.
More Nacho Toppings
Top your keto nachos with all your favorites! Like:
- Sour cream
- Avocado sauce
- Black olives
Most of the keto nachos recipe variations are described above in the how to make section, but here are a few more you may consider:
- Use a different kind of meat. Try using ground chicken (instead of beef) for some chicken nachos.
- Or use leftover meat, like shredded chicken or leftover taco meat.
- Swap the chips. As described above. Use veggie chips (to save time!) like eggplant chips, or zucchini chips.
- Use cheese crackers, and skip the queso/cheese topping. Check out my 1 ingredient parmesan crisps!
Have a hankering for more low carb appetizers? I have plenty of favorites! Check these out:
Keto NachosPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Mild Tasting Oil (see notes below)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 4 Tablespoons Keto Taco Seasoning or 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning (make sure no sugar has been added)
- 1 Cup Keto Queso or shredded cheddar
- Keto Tortilla Chips sub for sliced/roasted veggies, such as cauliflower, or mini bell peppers
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Jalapenos sliced
- Cook the meat. Heat vegetable oil (2 tablespoons) in a large skillet and add the beef (1 pound), breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until meat is no longer pink, then push the meat to one side of the pan and drain the access fat. Stir in taco seasoning (4 tablespoons) and water (2/3 cup). Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Assemble. Lay chip (or roasted veggies) on a rimmed baking sheet or oven-safe pan. Sprinkle meat on top, then pour low carb queso (1 cup) or sprinkle cheese over the meat. If using cheese instead of queso, broil in the oven until the cheese just melts, about 3-5 minutes. Finish your nachos off with toppings. Now, friend, DIG.ON.IN. ????
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Prep time will vary depending on what you use for your chips, and if you're using queso or cheese. Read the suggestions above for how to make a quick and easy version.
- Nutritional information includes the macros for my queso and tortilla chips. If using veggies and/or cheddar, the nutritional information will vary: