This low carb chicken stir fry is so amazingly delicious and easy that it’s on almost every weekly menu around here.
One of the keys to making low carb chicken recipes super scrumptious is giving them a lot of flavors, and the sauce in this low carb recipes packed with yummy things like ginger, garlic, and bok choy! Seriously, you are going to love this!
Let’s get cooking!
This low carb chicken stir fry is unbelievably easy, plus:
- Ready in under 30 minutes, even faster if you prep it out ahead of time!
- Packed full of good for you veggies!
- The flavors are layered and complex!
There are a lot of ingredients in this recipe, but no worries, the cooking itself happens in a snap!
There might be a few new ingredients in here, but nothing too scary! Asian cuisine has its own flavor profile, so having the ingredients on hand opens up a whole new range of cooking!
Erythritol – this low carb cooking staple is going to add some much-needed sweetness to our sauce. I love erythritol to cook with because it acts just like sugar, without the carbs or calories. It comes in a few different versions, you’ll want the brown or golden version for this recipe, to mimic brown sugar the closest.
Rice Vinegar – this fermented rice sauce adds some wonderful sweetness and flavor to our marinade. Make sure to get the plain version and not the “seasoned” which adds a ton of sneaky carbs. We’ll add in the seasonings on our end.
Xanthan Gum – although it may seem weird here, xanthan gum plays a big role, even in such a small amount! It thickens the stir fry sauce up — without it, the sauce would be broth-like.
Chicken – I used boneless and skinless chicken breast for my low carb chicken stir fry, but you could use thighs or other dark meat as well.
Tools To Make
This easy low carb chicken stir fry needs just one pan to get it to the table!
- Skillet or wok – Besides a bowl for marinating chicken, this is really the only tool you’ll need! I used a large skillet for mine, but a wok is a great choice because of how wonderfully it distributes heat.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! This is a great dish to freeze and make ahead of time. You can do this a couple of ways:
First, you can cook the dish as described, then move to an airtight container and freeze. Thaw in the fridge and reheat on the stove or in the microwave for a quick and easy meal!
You can also prepare the ingredients to cook later. I love to mix up my sauce and marinate my chicken, then pop it in the freezer along with a bag of my cut veggies.
I can pull it out the night before cooking and it makes the actual day of cooking even faster!
Meals like this low carb chicken stir fry are just begging to be served over rice. It’s the perfect texture to compliment the crunchy veggies and it soaks up all that yummy sauce!
You can also serve this dish up with a low carb pasta! Make some low carb noodles and saute them up with your veggies so they can marinate in all the yummy flavors!
- Looking for some extra heat? You can always make it spicier. Try adding it some Thai chilies as I use in my Hunan chicken and Hunan beef!
- If you don’t have chicken or prefer another protein, you can always use pork, shrimp, or beef. Slice meats super thin, like in my low carb beef and broccoli.
- If you want, you can marinate the chicken to pack in some extra flavor and tenderness. Try this Asian chicken marinade or teriyaki chicken marinade for meat that will go perfectly with the sauce in this low carb chicken stir fry.
Inspired for more? These Asian dishes are all super flavorful and fast enough for a quick weeknight dinner! Check them out:
Low Carb Chicken Stir FryPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Golden Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below)
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger grated
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil dark, divided
- 3 Pounds Chicken Breast skinless + boneless. Thinly sliced*
- 3 Cups Broccoli
- 1 Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Cauliflower Rice
- Green Onions sliced
- Roasted Peanuts chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Place chicken breast (3 Pounds) in sauce, and toss to coat. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes while you prep the veggies.
- Heat oil (1 tablespoon) in a large skillet.
- Once shimmering, add broccoli (3 cups) and sliced bell pepper (1). Cook until veggies begin to soften (about 5 minutes).
- Remove veggies from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet.
- Remove chicken from the marinade, and cook on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. The inside should be slightly pink still, and the outside should be seared.
- Add veggies back to the pan, along with the sauce from the marinade.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Cook meat and veggies in the sauce until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the center), and the veggies are tender. (About 5-7 minutes depending on the heat in your pan).
- Serve over cauliflower rice, with sliced green onions, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- Xanthan Gum is necessary for binding the ingredients of this recipe together, you CAN'T SKIP OR SUB!
- Cut chicken as thinly as possible. You can freeze the chicken for around 10 to 15 minutes before cutting for an easier cut.