Fragrant Italian seasoning and nutty parmesan cheese will make you powerless to resist these keto zucchini fries!
Looking for more keto french fries? Check out these jicama fries or this stir fried green beans recipe.
Keto Zucchini Fries Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
I Don’t Have a Fry Problem, You Do.
There’s nothing wrong with fries for dinner, or lunch, or a snack, right? Of course not. I’m sure it’s fine. At least that’s what I tell myself when I scarf these keto zucchini fries down without a main.
And I don’t blame myself– they’re THAT kind of good! The Italian seasoning is so aromatic while the nutty parmesan keeps you grounded– It’s an addictive combo that’ll have you reaching for another fry before you finish your bite.
I’m quickly talking myself into having these fries with dinner. Again. Tonight. I’m thinking you should too? And LMK what you think. Hope you fall as in love with these lower-carb, less greasy, veggie-packed french fries as I have! 🍟❤️ – Linds x
Important Ingredient Notes + Swaps
Seriously, there’s not much to this recipe! And not many ingredients either. Here’s what you’ll need…
- Zucchinis – you can use summer squash instead here.
- Parmesan cheese, grated – Don’t have grated parmesan? Toss shredded into a food processor and pulse until powdered. Stick to parmesan zucchini fries, for 2 reasons: 1 – grated parm will coat the zucchini better than shredded cheeses. 2- it crisps up better than other cheese, giving these more of a “fried” texture.
- Italian seasoning – Swap for your favorite seasoning– Cajun, taco, and garlic powder are all great. Keep in mind, parmesan is pretty salty, so skip seasonings with added salt.
Storing + Reheating Tips
Your baked zucchini fries are best enjoyed fresh from the oven– Storing them in the fridge (like any other french fry) will make them a tad soggy. But, if you have leftovers, simply re-crisp them in the oven until heated through and crispy on top before serving.
Best Dips for Keto French Fries
The dip you serve your keto zucchini parmesan fries with will depend on if you switch the seasoning, and what else you’re serving them with. Keep in mind, most storebought sauces and dips are loaded with added sugars– to keep your zucchini fries keto, make your own:
- Keto ranch dressing, with ANY seasoning or main
- Keto ketchup
- Keto bbq sauce — I prefer this when we switch the seasoning from Italian to garlic powder.
- Keto guacamole — swap Italian seasoning for taco seasoning.
- Garlic Parmesan sauce
These Make a Great Side For…
Really, whatever main you’re serving. I like to serve keto zucchini fries alongside any protein-focused dish, like grilled or pan-seared meat. But they’re a duh when dishing up burgers and sandwiches like: keto burgers, keto turkey burgers, keto pulled chicken, or keto pulled pork.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Keto Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Quiche
- Zucchini Ravioli
- Keto Pizza Casserole
- Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Keto Zucchini FriesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Zucchini top + bottom removed and sliced into quarters lengthwise (note 1)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning (note 2)
Keto dips/sauces (optional):
- Prep. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a shallow wide mouthed bowl, whisk the eggs (2). In a second wide-mouthed bowl, combine the parmesan (3/4 cup) and Italian seasoning (1 1/2 teaspoon).
- Dunk. Working in batches, dredge the zucchini (3) into the eggs, then into the parmesan. Press to coat thoroughly. Place zucchini on a baking sheet, and sprinkle any remaining parmesan over the top of your zucchini.
- Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes-- this will depend on how thick your slices are, and how soft you'd like your zucchini. I remove mine once the parmesan starts to brown, and the zucchini is nice and soft. Serve warm and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Zucchini - this recipe can be made with summer squash as well.
- Seasoning - mix it up, and sub in cajun seasoning, garlic powder, or taco seasoning.
- Nutrition information is based on 3 french fries if you make a total of 24 fries using this recipe, and does not include dips: