This zucchini fries recipe is one of the few that meets my strict requirements of tasting “naughty” but actually being good for you! Because we all need a little comfort food now and again…
Seriously, these cheesy, faux breaded, flavorful low carb fries are out of this world delicious and are one of my FAVORITE zucchini recipes!
Serve these alongside your burgers or low carb recipes, and watch as your guests fall in LOVE with one of the easiest low carb side dishes in your collection. You’ll never need fast food again!! Let’s dig in!
This zucchini fries recipe is way tastier than the original, are almost carb-free, and are totally stuffed with good-for-you vitamins and minerals, plus:
- Ready in under 45 minutes!!
- Only 5 basic, easy, inexpensive ingredients!
- Satisfies the craving for salty, crispy french fries, with almost no carbs and a LOT more flavor!
These zesty fries are so easy, they take only a few minutes to prepare, and then they crisp up in the oven while the rest of your dinner cooks. Reading this recipe means you’re almost done!
This parmesan zucchini fries recipe magically turns just a couple of ingredients into a decadent side dish!
Parmesan – this hard, pungent high protein, low carb cheese comes in a few different ways – whole, grated, shredded, or shaved. You’ll want grated for this recipe so that it better coats the zucchinis.
Italian seasoning – this seasoning blend is super easy to make at home if you don’t have it in the pantry! Combine 2 tablespoons each of basil, oregano and parsley with 1 tablespoon each of thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, and garlic powder and shake, shake, shake!
Tools To Make
This simple recipe uses simple ingredients and simple tools! That’s why it’s so easy to love!
- 2 bowls – to dip and coat the zucchini.
- Baking sheet – to bake up these zucchini slices up nice and crispy.
This zucchini fries recipe truly tastes best straight from the oven. If you do happen to have any leftover, store them in the fridge in an airtight container.
To reheat, place on a baking sheet and pop them into the oven or toaster oven to get them nice and crispy again.
This scrumptious zucchini fries recipe is the ultimate side dish for all of your favorite meals! Try them alongside a bunless burger (really, any burger recipe will do here) and dip them in low carb ketchup or homemade ranch dressing for the WIN!
This easy recipe is a perfect base for trying something new. Read on to explore other veggies and spices!
- Swap the coating. If you aren’t eating low carb or gluten free, breadcrumbs can be used in the coating for an even crunchier shell.
- Use different veggies for fries. This recipe is super versatile and works well with other vegetables. Swap to suit your cravings (just know bake times will vary) — Summer squash fries, eggplant fries, crunchy parsnip fries, or refreshing jicama fries are all DELICIOUS options!!
- Turn these into chips. These would work wonderfully as a chip instead of a fry. Use this zucchini chips recipe for full instructions to make sure you get nice, crispy coins perfect for any low carb lunch.
I know these fries will probably become a quick favorite, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot more to explore with this green fruit!
Try these other zucchini recipes for some amazing low carb meals and snacks:
Zucchini FriesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tops off the zucchinis (3), then cut each in half and quarter each half lengthwise.
- Combine grated parmesan (1 1/2 cup) and Italian seasoning (1 tablespoon) in a wide-mouthed bowl.
- In a second wide-mouthed bowl, beat eggs (2).
- Working in batches, dredge the zucchini into the eggs, then into the parmesan. Press to coat thoroughly.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet, and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the parmesan starts to brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutrition information is based on 3 french fries if you make a total of 24 fries using this recipe: