These keto turkey burgers are moist, tender, and super simple to make– seriously, so delicious you’ll want to gobble them all up yourself!
Keto Turkey Burgers Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
The Meanest Turkey Burger
Turkeys are ornery creatures– like if you turn your back on them, they’ll get you. Literally, use your back as a ramp, and climb. It happened to me as a kid– I grew up in a rural area, and they were my biggest fear, not mountain lions, ghosts, or the boogie man like other children. But turkeys. I’ll never let my guard down around a turkey again. I’m forever scarred.
I digress… What I really want to tell you is that as mean as turkeys are, my keto turkey burgers are MEANER.
They’re moist, tender, and super simple to make. They’re quick and perfect for a weeknight meal. They’re delicious, they’re filling. AND, no one can tell they’re breadcrumb-free. When I’m feeling nice I’ll invite friends over and share with them. No turkey here! Except in the burger.
Please enjoy this leaner, meaner, low carb turkey burger. And if you’re feeling saucy (like I always am), be sure to cover yours in my In-and-Out copycat sauce (below) before you gobble it up 😂 Enjoy! – Linds x
Recipe Notes + Subs
Simple ingredients = big flavor!
- Grated onion – If you’ve made any of my burger recipes, you know how much I love adding a bit of grated onion to them. What you want to do, is grate the onion with a cheese grater, and add the pulp/discard the liquid. Loads. Of. Flavor!
- Ground turkey
- Crushed pork rinds – This adds a bit of bacon-y flavor while keeping our low carb turkey burgers nice and juicy– think of them as the breadcrumb substitute that brings way more to the table. I love Epic pork rinds, but any brand will do. Just be sure to grab one with minimal seasoning (skip the vinegar, BBQ, etc.).
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Avocado or vegetable oil – You want a mild-tasting oil with a high smoke point to cook these. Avocado oil is my fave, but vegetable oil, sunflower, or safflower will also do. Skip EVO and coconut oil.
- Water – This is my SECRET to the juiciest keto turkey burgers. You’ll only use this method if you’re cooking the patties on the stove. What you do, is sear each side then add a minimal amount of water to the pan. Place a lid on top, and the steam from the water will cook the inside of the burgers while keeping them nice and moist. It’s a must!
Your Keto Buns Options
Our family pick is my low carb hamburger buns– we make them in bulk and freeze them for all our low carb turkey burgers. But, if you’d rather something else, you have options:
- 2 baked portobello mushrooms
- 1 bell peppers, sliced in half with the top, seeds, and ribs removed
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 eggplant slices
- Iceberg lettuce wrapped around a patty
🍔 Keto Burger Topping Ideas
We’ve got the keto turkey burger patties. And buns. Not let’s talk toppings:
- Sauce – avoid storebought options (unless you have sugar-free products in mind), and make your own keto ketchup or keto BBQ sauce. We also love keto ranch dressing, mayonnaise, or keto guacamole. What I love MOST is the In-and-Out sauce shared below.
- Cheese – Yes, cheese is low carb, so pile it on.
- Veggies – Sliced tomatoes, red onions, lettuce, and pickles. All great (low carb) options.
Variations + Questions
- Can I use a different kind of meat? Sure, this recipe is pretty forgiving. Just know it will change the flavor.
- What can I use instead of pork rinds? If pork rinds aren’t your thing, you can try using parmesan instead.
- Can I add my own seasoning? YES! I kept it simple, as Worcestshire adds a lot of flavor here. But feel free to add in your favorite herbs and spices before shaping your patties.
- Can I grill these? Absolutely. However, I do prefer cooking low carb turkey burgers on the stove– since turkey is such a lean meat, stovetop is the easiest way to not overcook and dry them out. If cooking them on the grill, sear each side over high heat, then move the patties to indirect until they reach an internal temp of 165 F.
More Turkey Recipes
Keto Turkey BurgersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 pound ground turkey lean
- 1/2 cup pork rinds crushed (note 1 + 2)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
In-and-Out Sauce (optional, shown in photo):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Keto Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles diced (Note 5)
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid monk fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- Patties. Grate onion using a cheese grater. Measure 2 tablespoons of onion and place it in a large bowl-- discard the rest (should primarily be liquid). Add the turkey (1 pound), pork rinds (1/2 cup), Worcestershire (2 tablespoons), mustard (1 tablespoon), salt (3/4 teaspoon), and pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and mix using your hands until well combined. Shape turkey into 4, 1/2" thick patties.
- Cook + serve. Heat oil (1 tablespoon) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and sear until browned on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side. Reduce heat of the pan to medium. Add water (1 tablespoon) and a lid to the pan (note 4), and continue to cook this way until the patties have reached an internal temp of 165 F. Serve with your burger toppings of choice, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- To crush the pork rinds - place them in a resealable bag, remove the air, and seal. Hit the bag with a rolling pin until they're breadcrumb-sized.
- Not a fan of pork rinds? You can skip, or use parmesan instead! Just know the burgers will be less juicy if you skip.
- Want to add your own seasoning? Feel free to add in your favorite herbs and spices before shaping your patties.
- Cooking method - You can cook turkey burgers on the grill, however, I MUCH prefer my method of pan-searing them, then adding a bit of water to the pan. Since turkey is so much leaner than beef, it's easy to dry out, but this technique gets them legit juicy!
- Pickles - Many pickles contain added sugar, check the labels before purchasing a product. We love Vlasic.
- Nutritional information is for 1 patty if you make 4, and doesn't include any of the toppings, buns, or sauce: