Oopsie bread, cloud bread, whatever you want to call it, just call it DELICIOUS! This is one of the most tasty bread replacement low carb recipes out there!
I love healthy recipes but they don’t always meet up to my high expectations. That being said, this low carb bread comes with a secret ingredient that makes the “bread” fluffy and airy as ever!
Read below to find out what it is! Oopsie, I did it again… I made you forget (traditional) bread… Oh baby! A bold statement but it’s really one of the best low carb snacks that are also healthy snacks!
Here’s why I cannot get enough of my oopsie bread:
- First and foremost, it’s low carb and has no all-purpose flour or refined sugar. It’s gluten and grain-free!
- The only fresh items that you need to go to the grocery store for in this recipe are the eggs and cream cheese! Everything else should already be in your pantry! Isn’t that the easiest?!
- The possibilities are endless! Use it as bread for a sandwich, toast, muffins, pizza or a dessert with frosting! There are tons of options with this recipe!
- In only 35 minutes, you can pop a warm airy, fluffy piece of oopsie bread in your mouth! Pure satisfaction!
Here’s the scoop on my oopsie bread (or cloud bread recipe, whatever you want to call it!)
The ingredients in my oopsie bread are very similar to those in my cloud bread recipe because as stated above, they’re pretty much the same thing! Here’s everything you need to know about some of the ingredients you might not be familiar with yet: (but trust me when I say that you want to know these power players!
They’re key to low carb lifestyle cooking!)
Everything but the Bagel Seasoning: Grab yourself a jar at Trader Joe’s or Costcos and use it on everythingggg! Especial this oopsie bread recipe.
Cream of Tartar: This is THE secret ingredient to this recipe! It acts as a stabilizer to stiffen your egg white’s peaks faster!
Psyllium Husk: this takes on the “fluffing” and “gluing” characteristics that gluten does in traditional bread recipes to make the oopsie bread of your dreams!
Pro tip: keep a carton of cream cheese in your freezer to have on hand for healthy recipes like this one. That way, all you need is the eggs, which are most likely already in your fridge!
Tools To Make
Here is whatcha need to make this oopsie bread: (Only a couple of things! Yahoo for easy cooking!)
- Two medium bowls to separate the egg yolk from the egg whites
- Parchment paper on a lined baking sheet, or a Silpat mat (Try it once and you’ll never go back. It’s also more earth-friendly since it creates less waste!)
- Cooling rack (this isn’t necessarily imperative but it’ll help your oopsies cool down much more quickly!)
Since my oopsie bread has dairy (cream cheese) and eggs in it, you’ll want to keep any leftovers stored safely in the fridge. Before serving, simply warm them up in the oven, toaster or toaster oven to reheat.
If you choose the toaster route, just be sure to keep an eye on it and heat it at the lowest setting! Oopsies are delicate flowers!
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, my oopsie bread is freezable! Just be sure to freeze them individually in a plastic freezer bag with parchment paper (or paper towels) in between each one to prevent them from sticking to one another.
When you want to eat healthy snacks, thaw them out in the fridge first, then reheat them in the oven or warm them up in the toaster. But again, keep an eye on them! They’re temperamental!
How Can I Serve These?
Oopsie bread is fantastic because it’s just so darn versatile! You can make it work for a variety of your different food needs!
To name a few…
- Sandwiches – I love to use it as 2 slices of “bread” when making myself a sandwich. It’s my low carb sandwich bread substitute extraordinaire!
- Toast – It’s also delicious when spread with butter, erythritol, or your go-to low carb fruit jelly for a quick brekkie on the go!
- Buns – These make for the PERFECT low carb hamburger buns for burgers!
- Dinner Rolls – Looking for a better, low carb side dishes than a traditional, gluten-filled dinner roll?! Try these oopsie rolls for your next dinner. They won’t disappoint!
- Mini Pizzas – Last but certainly not least, just because you’re eating low carb, it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice yummy foods! Have a pizza party with this oopsie bread recipe!Just add some low carb tomato sauce, veggies of your choice (low carb ones, of course) and some meat toppings to satisfy your inner pizza lover!
They are so light and airy, anyone who tries them will be HOOKED!
As with most baked goods, there isn’t a lot of wiggle room with this recipe!
But, if you’re feeling creative, here’s how you can flip it and reverse this recipe, Missy Elliot style!
- Switch the seasoning. I LOVE everything but the bagel seasoning that I used on these delicious rolls! But if you’re craving something else, swap it out!
- Swap cream cheese for Greek yogurt, Bourison, or sour cream. keep in mind, this will take down the “fluff” factor a bit.
- Add erythritol to sweeten these up. you’ll want to skip the seasoning in the recipe below, and add cinnamon instead!
- Slice up some veggies (like zucchini, tomatoes, red onions), cover with parmesan cheese and melt! (like a savory low carb zucchini bread)
Oopsie BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese full fat
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon NOW Powdered Psyllium Husk powdered* (optional)
- Sprinkle of "Everything Bagel Seasoning" from Trader Joe's (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks into two medium bowls -- I do this by cracking the egg in half and passing the yolk between the two halves of the egg shell, at the same time allowing the egg white to spill into the bowl. You can also crack the egg into your hand, and use your fingers as a "drain", allowing the egg white to spill into the bowl.
- In the egg yolk bowl, add cream cheese, baking powder and psyllium husk (if you choose to use it) and mix until there are no remaining lumps. If you plan to use the same utensil to mix the egg white, clean off the utensil and dry - you don't want any yolks in the egg white mixture.
- In the egg white bowl, add the cream of tartar and salt. Using an electric hand mixer mix until the eggs whites form firm peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolks, you want to keep as much of the air in the mixture as possible (the airy-er the fluffier)
- Using a spoon, place by the dollop (depending on how large you'd like your bread slice to be) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure to leave at least an inch between each dollop.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
If you love my oopsie bread, you’ll love these low carb bread recipes below too:
My oopsie bread, cloud bread, delicious fluffy bread replacement is all that and more! If you haven’t tried this keto craze, take 35 minutes this weekend to whip some up and experience what all the fuss is about!
Just be sure to let me know what you thought and how you ate them in the comments below! ENJOY!