Whoo boy, I am so excited to share this low carb pretzels recipe with you!!!
Sometimes, it can seem like eating low carb recipes means missing out, but that’s just not true! No, no, now we can make versions of our favorite low carb snacks or loaves of low carb bread that are every bit as delicious as traditional recipes!
That’s why I can’t wait for you to try these chewy, soft pretzels! This almond flour recipes perfect for making a savory afternoon snack or a fun, sweet dessert.
Let’s get cookin’!
These are everything you expect out of a soft pretzel, plus:
- No need for expensive ingredients – this is made with easy, accessible low carb staples.
- Versatile and delicious as a savory or sweet treat!
- Mix, twist, and bake and in less than 30 minutes, it’s time to snack!
I know they’re a baked snack, but soft, chewy pretzels are way easier than you think and only 30 minutes away!!
Basic low carb baking ingredients. If you haven’t used them before, get ready! You’re gonna be using them all the time!
Psyllium husk – this powder is almost pure fiber, which helps supports digestion, is a prebiotic, and helps make our bread, well, bready!
Kosher salt – this style of salt has larger crystals which we want as a topping on our low carb pretzels.
Tools To Make
Pretzels seem like such a special occasion dish, but they are super easy for anyone who’s craving them to make!
- Baking sheet – You need a plain old baking sheet for this low carb pretzels recipe. A rimless pan would be the easiest so you can lay your twisted pretzels flat.
- Parchment paper – Alert: this is not wax paper. This is silicone coated paper that will let your pretzels bake without sticking.
Now, I know traditional pretzels are dipped in boiling water before baking. This DOESN’T work with almond flour! This is why my almond flour pasta is pan-fried instead of boiled — Almond flour soaks up the water and falls apart.
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes! This dough is really soft, so I recommend baking them first, then freezing them in a single layer in an airtight container. Thaw in the fridge, and warm in the microwave or oven!
If you can keep yourself from ripping into the pillowy, soft-baked dough, I urge you to whip up one of these easy sauces. Slather them in low carb honey mustard (may be served with brats!) or dip them in low carb cheese sauce or some spicy low carb queso for a decadent snack!
- The original recipe has an egg wash and big crystal salt, but if you want, you can make a version to satisfy your sweet tooth! Try adding shavings of low carb chocolate or make a sugar free chocolate syrup for dipping!! Yummmmmm!
- This low carb pretzel dough is perfect for stuffing. Fill them with whatever fixins you can dream up before baking, or roll them out as crust for low carb pizza.
- This yummy, flavorful dough is good with literally any toppings. Sprinkle with low carb cheese, add sundried tomatoes, mix in rosemary and garlic and brush with butter. There’s really no wrong way to dress these up!
Low Carb PretzelPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Low Carb Nacho Cheese
- Preheat oven the 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients, in a large bowl.
- Add warm water and 3 eggs. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use damp hands to divide the dough into 8 balls.
- Roll each ball between parchment paper and your hands into 10-13" long rope, making sure the rope is even in diameter.
- Twist each rope into a pretzel shape -- to do this, point the ends away from you to form a "U" shape. Then twist them, flip the twist and press the ends into the bottom of the "U".
- Place the pretzels on prepared baking sheet, and brush them with the whisked egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 24-26 minutes. You'll know they're done once the tops are golden.
- Once slightly cooled, spray pretzels with cooking spray, or brush with oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt, and enjoy!
Now you have your low carb pretzels, ready for some more snack recipes?? These should keep you busy!
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips – Taco Tuesday is complete!!!
- Almond Flour Crackers – Your cheese plate just got a new partner in crime.
- Parmesan Crisps – Keto crackers, perfect for any dip.
- Deviled Eggs With Bacon -This brunch classic went to a whole new level!
- Ham Roll Ups – You’ll love this savory, spicy snack!
Are these not the amazing, fluffy low carb pretzels of your snack food dreams? Did you make them sweet or savory? Let me know in the comments!