These cucumber wraps are one of our family’s favorite low carb lunch ideas!
Because they’re easy to customize, refreshing, fun to make, and delicious! Think of these as deli meat and cheese sushi, just without the carbs. I love making low carb wraps, but sometimes, I want a quick and easy meal that doesn’t require the oven…
C’mon friends, let’s get rolling!
There are SO many reasons to love these cucumber wraps! Including…
- They give you the handheld feel you love in a wrap, just without the work! No mixing, no oven, just slicing and rolling.
- Super low carb and paleo! You can even make a vegetarian version by skipping the meat.
- Customizable… picture your favorite sandwich ingredients. Now layer them inside your cucumber wraps and enjoy!
- The perfect warm-weather lunch or snack, when you want something cool, refreshing, high in protein, and FILLING!
Not much to these cucumber wraps, here’s the skinny…
Cucumbers. I prefer thick cucumbers as they’ll give you wider slices. You can remove the skin if you prefer to eat your low carb vegetables this way.
Spread (I use guacamole). This is essentially the “glue” that will hold our cucumber wraps together — if you aren’t a fan of guacamole, you can use tzatziki, hummus, veggie dip, or any spread you prefer, but without a spread, your wraps won’t stick together, so don’t skip!
Cheese. Shredded or sliced low carb cheese works great here.
Tools To Make
- Veggie peeler. A “y” shaped peeler works best here, as it’ll give you a thicker/sturdier cut. Although a traditional veggie peeler (what I used) will work as well.
- Plastic wrap. This is used to neatly roll regular and low carb sushi. It allows you to shape, form, and tighten the ingredients into a neat roll. You can also use a large plastic baggie.
- Sharp knife to neatly slice the cucumber wraps.
Overlap. When you place the cucumber slices on your plastic wrap, make sure there is plenty of overlap. Otherwise, your ingredients will ooze out when you slice the roll ups.
Tighten as you roll. When rolling the cucumber wraps, you’ll want to form them with your hands as tightly as possible — this will make your slices cleaner. Peel the plastic wrap back as you roll the cucumber over itself.
Make your wraps anyway you’re craving them! Here are a few ideas you may like:
- Swap the filling ingredients. Swap turkey for your meat of choice, Swiss for your favorite cheese, guac for another spread, and the veggies for whatever you have in the fridge. This recipe is as flexible as any traditional wrap is!
- Looking for something more traditional? Use these low carb tortillas instead of cucumbers for a more authentic feel.
- Or make lettuce wraps instead by simply piling your filling ingredients into a large Romaine lettuce leaf. You can also make cabbage wraps with blanched cabbage leaves.
Looking for more EASY low carb lunch ideas similar to this one?? I’ve got you covered! Here are a few of my favorites:
Cucumber WrapsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Large Cucumber ends removed
- 1/2 Cup Guacamole
- 5 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 5 Slices Deli Sliced Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Arugula or shredded lettuce
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter, the height of your cucumber (you may need to overlap pieces).
- Cut cucumber (1 large) in half lengthwise, then use a veggie peeler on the cut side to slice long strips of cucumber.
- Overlap your cucumber slices on the plastic wrap.
- Spread guacamole (1/2 cup) over the top of your cucumber slices.
- Layer deli sliced turkey (5 slices), swiss cheese (5 slices), and 1/2 cup arugula (1/2 cup) towards one end of the cucumber slices.
- Use the plastic wrap to roll the cucumber over the filling ingredients, forming the wraps tightly as you roll. Peel the plastic wrap back as you roll the cucumber over itself.
- Slice the wraps into 12 slices. Option to place a toothpick in the center of each roll, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is based on 3 slices if you slice your wraps into 12 slices: