Tender chicken breasts filled with creamy goodness, zesty ranch, and savory bacon, this cream cheese stuffed chicken breast is comfort food in easy weeknight dinner form, and it’s bound to be a new family favorite! Here’s how to make stuffed chicken breast the right way.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Creamy cheesy ranch and bacon goodness stuffed inside a tender juicy chicken breast? OMG!! Don’t get me started! Plus, the complete simplicity of this recipe makes it doable even for busy weeknight dinners. Here’s what to expect:
- Simple prep
- Moist + succulent chicken
- Totally low carb
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
This recipe comes together with a few flavor packed ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- The filling: Cream cheese, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning mix, bacon, cheddar, and green onions.
- The chicken: Large chicken breasts are ideal. Psst, check out my stuffed salmon for a different protein option!
- The breading: I like to bread the chicken for added texture, although you can skip this step to save time and or carbs. For this, all you’ll need are eggs and breadcrumbs, or crushed pork rinds.
How to Stuff a Chicken Breast?
Believe it or not, this recipe is easy to make, and once you get it down, you’ll be stuffing all your favorite ingredients inside chicken. Here’s how:
- Combine the filling.
- Cut a pocket by placing your hand on top of the chicken, and using a sharp knife to slice. Don’t cut on the way through.
- Fill, but don’t overfill, with stuffing.
- I like to coat the chicken breast in panko or crushed pork rinds (for my keto friends!), for added texture.
- Bake the stuffed chicken breast in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet until the chicken is cooked through.
How do you seal a stuffed chicken?
Stuffed chicken breast will typically stay together, as long as you don’t overstuffed it with filling. I also find that baking, rather than pan searing your stuffed chicken is a good way to keep the filling inside. If you want extra assurance, you can always use toothpicks or kitchen twine to keep the chicken folded over the filling.
How do you keep cheese from oozing out of stuffed chicken?
Inevitably, some of the filling will ooze out of the stuffed chicken breast–which isn’t necessarily a bad thing! This filling will typically crisp up on the pan, and tastes absolutely delicious (although it may not look pretty!).
Since I make stuffed chicken often, I’ve found these tips really help to keep as much filling inside as possible:
- Use shredded cheese, rather than cream cheese. I know this is a cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe, but the addition of cheddar really helps everything from spilling out.
- Don’t overstuff the chicken.
- Properly cut a pocket rather than butterflying the chicken.
- Use kitchen twine or toothpicks.
- Baking the chicken rather than pan searing.
Storing, Reheating + Freezing
The key to a good chicken recipe is keeping the chicken moist and juicy; reheating chicken WILL dry it out. So, here’s what I like to do:
- Prep, stuff, and bread this cream cheese stuffed chicken breast
- Only bake as many as you plan to eat in a sitting. The next night, just before dinner, pop the prepped chicken in the oven and bake. Easy.
- The freeze: I suggest you freeze unbaked (but fully prepped) breasts, then bake them after they’ve defrosted.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Video Tutorial
More Chicken Recipes
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Keto Fried Chicken
- Chicken Crust Pizza
- Salsa Verde Stuffed Peppers Without Rice
Baked Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken BreastPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 Slice Bacon Cooked + Diced
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs or Crushed Pork Rinds
- 2 Eggs whisked
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs/pork rinds (1 cup) in a wide-mouthed. Whisk the eggs (2) in a second wide-mouthed bowl — set aside.
- Combine softened cream cheese (8 Oz), mayonnaise (1/4 cup), and ranch dressing( 1 packet) mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add bacon (8 slices) and cheddar cheese (1 cup), and mix until combined. Set the bowl aside.
- Prep + stuff the chicken. Cut a pocket in the center of each of the chicken breasts (4 breasts) — I find this is easiest to do by placing your hand over the top of the chicken breast and carefully using a sharp knife to cut into the center of the breast. Try not to pierce through to the other side. (Alternatively, you can butterfly the chicken and use toothpicks to hold it together!). Evenly distribute the filling into each of the breasts. Dip each of the breasts in the whisked eggs, then in the breadcrumbs/pork rinds, then place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake + enjoy! Bake in the preheated oven for 26-28 minutes, or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 F. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into it's cheesy, creamy GOODNESS!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Leftover filling? Save it! It’s a delicious dip for crackers/veggies.
- Nutritional information is for 1 chicken breast if you evenly divide the filling into 4 breasts, and uses pork rinds (not breadcrumbs):