As far as healthy chicken recipes go, this cream cheese stuffed chicken is ‘da bomb!!
This is one of those low carb chicken recipes that produces the creamiest most succulent flavorful foul you’ve tasted in a long time!
Low carb recipes can limit some of the food items you’re used to cooking with. Getting creative with your healthy recipes can pay off in massive flavor points and moist delicious poultry.
This cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe is definitely one you’ll want to keep, and I can’t wait for you to try it!!
Let’s get started!
Totally creamy cheesy ranch and bacon goodness stuffed inside a tender juicy chicken breast? OMG!! Don’t get me started!
This is cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe is so scrumptious, easy to make and ready in an hour. Plus, the complete simplicity makes this nutritious yumminess doable even on a busy weeknight.
Here are more reasons to love it…
- Really easy prep
- Creamy cheesy ranch and bacon
- Moist succulent chicken
- Totally low carb
- Easy weeknight dinner
Cutting a ‘pocket’ into your chicken breast can be a little tricky (watch the fingers) depending on how thick they are. You’ll need to do this for your cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe.
The easiest way is to put one hand flat on top of the chicken breast and apply gentle pressure while you use a sharp knife to cut a small slit in the thickest part of the breast.
Try not to cut all the way through the breast because this is where you’ll add your stuffing. If it’s easier, you can just butterfly your chicken breast, add the stuffing and then use a toothpick to hold it together.
This cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe makes a lot of incredibly yummy stuffing. I absolutely LOVE the creamy cheesy ranch and bacon stuffing, so I put a LOT of it in my chicken breast…
Chicken Breast – This is the best cut of meat to “stuff”, as it’s bigger and thicker than other parts.
Filling ingredients – Cream cheese, ranch, mayo, bacon, and cheddar make for the creamiest most delicious filling! You can swap these ingredients around based on what you have in the fridge (different cheese, greek yogurt instead of mayo, etc.), but this is our favorite combo.
Psst — If you have creamy decadence (the filling) leftover, you can use it to dip crackers or veggies in!
Topping – The green onion garnish gives your cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe a nice little crunch in the texture. Plus, the green onion and chives complement the ranch and bacon really well!
Tools To Make
Making this baked stuffed chicken breast recipes a breeze! And it doesn’t require a ton of dishes or any crazy gadgets.
Here’s what you need for your baked cream cheese chicken.
- Prepared baking sheet or casserole dish – to bake the chicken
- Sharp knife – to make pockets in the chicken breast
- Handheld electric mixer – to blend stuffing ingredients
- Toothpicks – If you need to hold your chicken together
- Meat thermometer – to check the internal temp of the chicken
Your cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe will be fine in the fridge if you keep it in an airtight container with a secure lid. I break these babies out for company or when I’m craving something really savory and decadent, so there aren’t usually a lot of leftovers with this one.
I will say that this cream cheese stuffed chicken is not the best meal to keep in a Ziploc when you have leftovers because you lose the filling….and that’s the best part!
Can You Freeze This Healthy Dinner?
Serving healthy dinners is important and when you find one everyone loves it helps if you can prep it and throw it in the freezer! This particular recipe isn’t the best after being frozen — edible, but not quite as delicious. (Due to the mayo/cream cheese filling)
Low Carb Dinner Meal Prepping Tips
The prep is so easy! You can put this cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe together on Saturday night and stick them in the fridge. Just pop them in a preheated oven on Sunday and you’ve got an awesome low carb family dinner that everyone will love.
Divvy up any leftovers in single-serve containers and use them for brown bag lunches on the weekdays! You just can’t beat dual-purpose low carb dinners!
This cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe is so scrumptious you may not want to change it at all, but you can switch up a few things if it suits you. Here are some ideas:
Can I Add Greens?
Greens are always good and good for you!
If you want to add them into this dish, simply cook them (so they release their liquid), and stir them on in! From spinach artichoke stuffed chicken to asparagus stuffed chicken to spinach cream cheese stuffed chicken — mix in whatever you have on hand or feel will best compliment the filling!
Can I Wrap This In Bacon?
Preparing cream cheese stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon is a savory way to appease bacon fanatics while keeping your stuffed chicken breast really moist and flavorful.
To make bacon wrapped stuffed chicken, I recommend not adding bacon as a filling and wrapping your stuffed chicken in bacon before tossing it into the oven.
Can I Use Different Types Of Cheese?
Cheese lovers out there may want to experiment with different cheesy deliciousness! Feel free to add whatever you’d like instead of cheddar: mozzarella stuffed chicken or parmesan (ala stuffed chicken parmesan) would both be great!.
Can I Use Different Seasoning?
Not feeling the ranch dressing packet? I hear you! You can always make your own ranch dressing seasoning with dried parsley, chives, dill, and garlic.
Or use something totally different! Such as Italian seasoning for Italian stuffed chicken breast, or some spice for fajita stuffed chicken.
Cream Cheese Stuffed ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 Slice Bacon Cooked + Diced
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
- Add bacon and cheddar cheese, and mix until combined. Set the bowl aside.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken breasts -- I find this is easiest to do but placing a hand over the top of the chicken breast and carefully using a sharp knife to cut into the center of the breast. Try not to pierce through to the other side. (Alternatively, you can butterfly the chicken and use toothpicks to hold it together!)
- Evenly distribute the filling into each of the breasts*.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 26-28 minutes, or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 F (the time it takes to cook will vary on how thick your chicken is!).
- Allow the chicken to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with green onions and enjoy!
Assembling easy stuffed chicken recipes makes weeknight dinners a breeze and they don’t wreck your low carb meal plan! These wholesome nutritious meals easily become family favorites and they don’t take a ton of time to put together!
Here are some more simple stuffed chicken recipes for you to try. See which ones are your favorites!
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Stuffing– PERFECT use for your Thanksgiving leftovers!
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken – Cheesy-licious flavor and elegant display.
- Broccoli And Cheese Stuffed Chicken – Great weeknight dinner.
- Stuffed Chicken Thighs – Savory deliciousness and easy prep.
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken – Sneak those greens in!
This cream cheese stuffed chicken recipe is absolute decadence on a plate and it’s doable on a busy weeknight! It also works for special occasions or when you just want something full-flavored and really good!
This is one of my favorite stuffed chicken recipes of all time and it’s just so easy to make. I hope you love it as much as I do!