As far as stuffed chicken breast goes, this cream cheese stuffed chicken is our family’s absolute favorite.
This is one of those low carb chicken recipes that’s FAR from dry, boring, or bland. It’s stuffed with the creamiest, cheesiest, most flavor-packed filling. Dare I say this one’s about to become a new weekly staple?!
Nominal carbs. Protein-packed. Full of flavor. You’re going to love it!
Psst — looking for more stuffed chicken recipes? Check out my spinach stuffed chicken.
Totally creamy cheesy ranch and bacon goodness stuffed inside a tender juicy chicken breast? OMG!! Don’t get me started! Plus, the complete simplicity of this recipe makes it doable even for busy weeknight keto dinners.
Here’s what to expect:
- Simple prep
- Moist + succulent chicken
- Totally low carb
Stuffed Chicken Breast Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
This is one of those healthy baked chicken breast recipes that’s way easier than it tastes! Here are a few tips + tricks:
- Want to make this even easier on yourself? Follow these how to butterfly a chicken breast steps, and use toothpicks to hold the filling inside.
- Can’t find a ranch dressing mix? Consider making your own.
- You can skip the breading — in fact, this recipe was originally posted sans breading. But, we LOVE the crunchy addition.
- There is a lot of filling in this recipe. Perfect for large chicken breasts, overstuffing your chicken, or to save for a delicious dip with crackers/veggies.
Here’s the deal. The key to enjoying chicken breast recipes for dinner is keeping your chicken moist and juicy, and reheating it WILL dry it out…
So, I prep, stuff, and bread my breasts, then only bake as many as we plan to eat in a sitting. The next night, just before dinner time, I pop the prepped chicken in the oven and bake. Easy!
Can You Freeze This?
For the same reasons shared above, I suggest you freeze unbaked (but fully prepped) breasts, then bake them.
This cream cheese stuffed chicken is so scrumptious, you’ve gotta try it as is before changing it up.; But, if you’re looking for something slightly different, here are a few ideas:
- Wrap your chicken in bacon. Instead of adding bacon crumbles to the filling, consider turning this into bacon wrapped chicken breast. Take a note from my keto bacon wrapped meatloaf, you want to back the bacon halfway before wrapping the breasts — this will give the bacon a slightly crisp texture.
- Use different seasoning. Ranch dressing is our favorite with this combo, but if you aren’t a fan, try Italian seasoning or something spicy like in this fajita stuffed chicken.
- Use a different kind of cheese. Swap the cheddar for jack, pepper jack, or mozzarella (ala mozzarella stuffed chicken).
- Add some veggies to the filling. From spinach to kale to broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken — cook your veggies and mix them in.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Keto Fried Chicken
- Chicken Crust Pizza
- Salsa Verde Stuffed Peppers Without Rice
Bacon, Ranch, Cheddar + Cream Cheese Stuffed ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 Slice Bacon Cooked + Diced
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs or Crushed Pork Rinds
- 2 Eggs whisked
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs/pork rinds (1 cup) in a wide-mouthed. Whisk the eggs (2) in a second wide-mouthed bowl -- set aside.
- Combine softened cream cheese (8 Oz), mayonnaise (1/4 cup), and ranch dressing( 1 packet) mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add bacon (8 slices) and cheddar cheese (1 cup), and mix until combined. Set the bowl aside.
- Prep + stuff the chicken. Cut a pocket in the center of each of the chicken breasts (4 breasts) -- I find this is easiest to do by placing your hand over the top of the chicken breast and carefully using a sharp knife to cut into the center of the breast. Try not to pierce through to the other side. (Alternatively, you can butterfly the chicken and use toothpicks to hold it together!). Evenly distribute the filling into each of the breasts. Dip each of the breasts in the whisked eggs, then in the breadcrumbs/pork rinds, then place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake + enjoy! Bake in the preheated oven for 26-28 minutes, or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 F. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into it's cheesy, creamy GOODNESS!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Leftover filling? Save it! It's a delicious dip for crackers/veggies.
- Nutritional information is for 1 chicken breast if you evenly divide the filling into 4 breasts, and uses pork rinds (not breadcrumbs):