Take one bite, and I guarantee that Asian chicken marinade will become one of your favorite new chicken marinade recipes!
Chinese chicken recipes probably aren’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think low carb dinners… BUT this recipe has got you covered! With sesame oil, ginger, and sriracha, I promise this easy dinner is full of flavor AND protein, minus the carbs!
The marinade sauce is quick to throw together yet endlessly delicious.
For some amazing Asian chicken recipes, keep scrolling.!! Because even for grilled low carb recipes, this is one is EXTRA sizzling!
Asian chicken marinade is simple to make yet tastes blissfully nuanced. Serve with low carb rice or noodles, and you have a nutritious low carb meal!
I absolutely love…
- How easy it is to throw the marinade together
- That it makes for a FAST weeknight dinner
- That you can meal prep it for many yummy days ahead!
The recipe is pretty straight forward, but I want to give an important tip: the longer you marinate the chicken, the more incredible it’ll taste!
If you’re in a pinch, I recommend a minimum of 30 minutes. But ideally, you should marinate the chicken for a few hours ahead of time or even the night before!
And before you grill the chicken, make sure to remove any excess marinade — This will help prevent flare-ups and burnt marinade.
For the chicken breast, I use boneless and skinless breasts. I recommend pounding the chicken in order to flatten it — This will make for better cooking as the heat will seep through evenly. Use a meat thermometer to cook your chicken perfectly.
You’ll know it’s done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
For chinese chicken recipes marinade, your ingredient list is pretty straight forward…
One swap you can make is to use erythritol instead of honey (I ALWAYS do this!!). It’s my favorite keto sweetener because it doesn’t spike your blood sugar!
Tools To Make This Healthy Dinner
To make this Asian chicken marinade, you’ll need:
- A large resealable bag
- A grill or a pan with a lid
- A pair of tongs
- A meat thermometer (to check your healthy dinners doneness)
- Tinfoil (to tent the chicken, don’t skip this step!!)
Keep leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container in the fridge. When reheating, be careful not to overdo it and dry the chicken out.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! You’ll want to freeze each chicken breast in its own individual bag. Just seal the chicken with the marinade, then label and freeze.
When you’re ready for this flavor-packed healthy chicken recipes deliciousness, thaw it in the fridge overnight.
Meal Prepping Tips
You can follow the freezing steps above to have an easy healthy dinner ideas option on hand for busy weeks.
Another option is to go ahead and grill the chicken, then portion it out for a week’s worth of packed healthy recipes!
Asian chicken marinade is just one among many variations, so here are some other ideas if you’re feeling experimental!
How Can I Make This A More Healthy Chicken Marinade?
Asian chicken marinade is already a really healthy meal full of protein. If you want to make it healthier, you can serve it with a side of vegetables! Try making a side salad or steaming some cauliflower.
You can also switch things up and cook a chicken marinade with different nutrients. My yogurt marinated chicken has greek yogurt, cilantro, and lime for a healthy, delicious mix!
Greek chicken marinade calls for some amazing fresh herbs like thyme and oregano. Or try a balsamic chicken marinade for a tangy flavored healthy grilled chicken!
What Citrus Fruit Can I Add To This Marinade?
Add a sour citrus fruit to take the marinade to the next level! Citrus will also help tenderize the meat.
For a citrus-based recipe, try my lemon chicken marinade! Mix things up further by adapting the recipe to a lime chicken marinade.
How Can I Make This Marinade Spicy?
Asian chicken marinade calls for an optional teaspoon of sriracha. But if you can take the heat, feel free to add as much as you want to make a flaming spicy chicken marinade! Toss in some red pepper flakes for good measure.
Take things in a different, but still spicy, direction by using chili peppers! Make a burning chipotle chicken marinade for a rich, hot flavor.
What Sauce Can I Add To This Marinade?
A creative option to add is bbq sauce! You’ll have to make sure you mix the ingredients well, but bbq chicken marinade adds an unexpected touch to the dish!
For a thicker sauce, you can replace the soy sauce chicken marinade with a teriyaki chicken marinade! The soy sauce and honey combo are already well on their way to making a teriyaki flavor. So swap it out for a little short cut!
Can I Use This Marinade On Any Chicken Cut?
It’s super easy to swap out chicken breasts in this recipe! If you choose to make chicken thigh marinade or even chicken wing marinade, you won’t have to marinate the meat as long to get the full flavor profile! Up to six hours should do the trick.
Asian Chicken MarinadePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey I used granular erythritol*
- 1 Tablespoons Ginger grated
- 2 Garlic minced
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha optional
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 4 Lb Chicken Breast boneless + skinless
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, honey (or erythritol), ginger, garlic, sriracha and rice vinegar to a large resealable bag.
- Seal the bag, and swirl ingredients around to combine.
- Add chicken, seal bag, and toss ingredients so the chicken is evenly coated.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes - overnight (the longer you marinade, the more flavorful your chicken will be!)
- Heat grill/pan to medium-high heat and brush with oil.
- Add chicken to pan/grill and cover with lid. Cook on this side for 7 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the breasts, then cover and cook this side for another 5-7 (this will vary depending on the heat of your grill/pan and how thick your chicken is). You'll know the chicken is done once the internal temp has reached 165 F.
- Using a fresh pair of tongs and a clean plate, remove the chicken from the grill.
- Loosely tent the chicken with foil, and allow it to rest 10 minutes before slicing,
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, sliced green onions, and enjoy!
For even more scrumptious low carb chicken recipes, check out:
- Grilled Chicken Marinade
- Bourbon Chicken Marinade
- Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
- Jerk Chicken
- Chicken Fajita
A delish meal you’ll never get tired of, Asian chicken marinade is one for the books!
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Have you ever made a chicken marinade? What’s your favorite seasoning?