I know this isn’t the newest trend—but I’m ready to officially announce my love of The Instant Pot with this collection of the very best keto instant pot recipes. Sure, it has slow cooker capability, but it wasn’t until I started experimenting with the other functions that I realized just how much this piece of equipment can do.
Why Keto Instant Pot Recipes Are Amazing
I live and work in my kitchen, so I don’t want extra gadgets taking up space. Use it or lose it. Same? Or maybe you’ve been wondering what makes an Instant Pot ( IP ) any different from a crockpot. Just like a slow cooker, it’s great for set it & forget it meals, busy days, serving a crowd, and keeping the oven turned off on hot days. But there’s more to it than that…
It was a slow (wink, wink) burn for me, but I love my IP. Here’s what I think.
Let me say my favorite method to cook larger pieces of meat has always been a quick sear for caramelization and a full day in the crockpot. With the IP, I can use the sauté feature to sear the meat directly in the IP. Then I switch to the pressure cook setting, which cooks faster than a traditional slow cooker and your oven. It also contains the steam more efficiently = juicier meat for you, in less time. With no extra sear pan to clean. It’s a no-brainer.
The sauté feature.
Dear readers, I was very skeptical of this function. Honestly, this is the game-changer. Soften up a little mirepoix for a batch of soup, cook up the sauce for your meat to simmer in, or thicken up a gravy. The first time I seared protein with this function I couldn’t believe it. It heated up quickly and was much hotter than I was expecting. Gorgeous color, proper sear. I was sear-iously impressed. Your old crockpot can’t do that.
Of course, there are times when I prefer a dish baked in the oven. That’s why I’ve gathered the recipes that I think are a perfect match for the IP. Several of these I’ve made for years without an instant pot—and can only imagine making them in the IP from now on. Others I developed with the IP in mind.
Those are my reasons, now here are my recipes. – Linds x
Incredibly Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
As you know, this weeknight staple is easy to over cook and dry out. Enter the instant pot. Succulently juicy chicken every. Single. Time. Check out these easy-to-make recipes.
- Keto Pulled Chicken: The secret ingredient in this recipe is my sugar-free BBQ sauce. We like to serve this on (gluten-free) keto hamburger buns with melted cheddar, but lettuce wraps or a salad are also amazing.
- Chicken Tinga Instant Pot: Shredded chicken and sauteed onion tossed in a chipotle pepper and lime sauce, this zesty dish is perfect for tacos, taco bowls, or salad. It’s also dairy free and paleo.
- Keto Chicken Soup: Although I typically make this over the stove, it can easily be made in a pressure cooker as well. This is a low carb version of the classic, with a few tasty upgrades.
- Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas: Craving carnitas but prefer chicken? This is for you. Serve it with keto tortillas, or over a bed of cauliflower rice.
- Crack Chicken: is full of cream cheese, ranch dressing, green onions, and bacon. It’s an app, it’s a lunch, and it’s addicting no matter how you enjoy it.
Hooked on your IP? Want to cook everything in it? Check out my keto chicken recipes, almost everything can be made using this tool instead.
Your New Fave Way to Make Pork
Larger cuts of meat typically call for low and slow cooking that needs to be planned ahead. Not in your IP! Fall-apart tender pork can be made in less than 2 hours. Here are my faves…
- Keto Pulled Pork: A low carb take on the classic recipe, we’ll douse pork shoulder in my keto BBQ sauce and pressure cook it for a big batch of comfort food.
- Instant Pot Carnitas: Carnitas have never been easier to make. We love these wrapped up in keto tortillas or over my Mexican cauliflower rice, with sour cream, cilantro, and limes.
- Pork Roast Instant Pot: accompanied by vegetables and an incredible gravy, this dish is hearty, comforting, and is a great way to learn just how much your trusty IP can achieve. Feel free to swap in keto diet friendly veggies, such as broccoli, mushrooms, and garlic. Anything will work!
- Kalua Pork Instant Pot: my personal favorite way to eat pork — this dish has a touch of smoky flavor that’s incredibly addicting. Serve it with steamed cabbage (yup, the IP can do that too) and cauliflower rice for a complete meal.
Shockingly Easy Keto Instant Pot Beef Recipes
Shredded beef has never been as easy, tender, and quick to make as it is with these keto instant pot recipes. Each of these recipes makes a huge portion — perfect for meal-prep or feeding your crew.
- Instant Pot Birria: There’s no better way to make this spicy, well-seasoned classic than in the Instant Pot. We like to serve this shredded beef in my cheese taco shells (a keto take on quesabirria), or as a stew.
- Instant Pot Italian Beef: Pickled veggies and beef get tossed in a tasty au jus then topped with melted provolone — this dish makes great sandwiches with your favorite keto-friendly bread, or bowls over cauli rice. This is my go-to for an easy instant pot recipe.
- Instant Pot Corned Beef: This Irish classic, which takes a minimum of 8 hours on the stove, comes together in 90 minutes on high pressure in your IP. Skip the russets, you won’t miss them!
Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes for Extra Z’s
These make-ahead keto breakfast recipes are great for prep and make mornings just a bit easier…
- Instant Pot Egg Bites: Just like Starbucks, but cheaper, less processed tasting, and an easy way to add your favorite filling (hello bacon!). The secret to the perfect taste and texture? Cream cheese. Bonus: egg white version included!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: The easiest to peel hard boiled eggs I’ve ever made. I use this recipe whenever I make keto deviled eggs or egg salad.
11+ Best Keto Instant Pot RecipesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts boneless + skinless
- 16 Ounces (2 blocks) Cream Cheese cut into cubes
- 2 – 1 Ounce Packets Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 Ounces Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup Green Onions sliced
To Serve (choose your fave):
- cucumber slices
- celery sticks
- bell pepper slices
- keto hamburger buns
- Place chicken broth and ranch dressing packet in your IP. Nestle the trivet inside. Place chicken on the trivet, and top evenly with cream cheese cubes.
- Secure lid and make sure the pressure release valve is set to "sealing". Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Turn the pressure release valve to "venting". Once the pin drops, remove the lid. Check the chicken, it should be fully cooked and should shred easily with 2 forks (if not, cook for another 3 minutes).
- Shred the cooked chicken. Add bacon and green onions to the IP. Toss everything together until well combined. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
These are all fantastic recipes and perfect uses for my instant pot!
Yay! SO glad you liked them, Amanda!
Erin | Dinners, Dishes and Dessert
Looks seriously amazing! Can’t wait to try them!
Can’t wait to hear what you think, Erin!
These are perfect recipes for busy weeknights! They all look so delicious!
Can’t agree with you more, Sandra!
Love how easy is to make these instant pot recipes. I use a lot of keto recipes in my kitchen!
Yay! SO awesome to hear that, Catalina!
This is such a great collection. I love all the flavors here. There are some excellent recipes.
Yay! SO glad you loved them, Beth!
Lots of great choices, gonna share with a keto friend!
Yay! Can’t wait to hear what you both think!
Oh my goodness every one of these look fantastic, thank you so much!
You’re very welcome, Amanda! Hope you enjoy!
Tried the Keto Pulled Pork and it turned out really good. Excited to try the other Instant Pot recipes!
SO glad you liked it, Sandra! Excited to hear what you think about the other recipes <3
I love cooking in my Instant pot. Can’t wait to try your chicken tinga!
Yay! Can’t wait to hear what you think, Krystle!
Erin | Dinners, Dishes and Dessert
I love it! I’m excited to try these!
Yay! Can’t wait to hear what you think, Erin!
Love to have some new keto recipes to try! Love them all!
Yay! SO glad you loved them, Catalina!