Burgers are ALWAYS on my mind, so I’m ALWAYS looking for creative ways to make them, such as these turkey burger sliders.
Now, I don’t just love these sliders because they’re freggin’ adorable, I love them because they’re so stickin’ delicious and insanely easy to make…
They’ve got a touch of sweet from the roasted zucchini, covered in gooey melted cheese, and (believe it or not) a turkey burger patty that’s oh-so-juicy! Seriously tho — turkey burgers have never tasted so good.
Not to mention, this low carb hamburger recipes a one-pan, 4-ingredient, 10-minute-prep meal.
AND! This low carb recipes perfect to serve as an app, or to stash in the fridge for low carb snacks.
Let’s get started!
Am I alone, or is bite-sized food significantly more tasty?! Aside from that, there are so many reasons to love these turkey burger sliders:
- They’re freggin’ delicious (even though they’re made of veggies)
- So stickin’ quite and easy to make, SERIOUSLY! One pan and you’re done!
- The perfect app, or make-ahead meal.
- Each turkey burger slider has nearly NO CARB
This turkey burger recipe is SO easy, I have hardly any tips to share!
Ground turkey – as most of you know, turkey burgers have a tendency to be dry, as they’re lower in fat than traditional burgers. A big reason for this is overcooking — which is why I like to cook turkey burger sliders is in the oven, AND (most importantly) use a meat thermometer.
This enables you to cook them to just the right temp (165 F), without overcooking to make sure they’re cooked through.
A lot of people add milk and breadcrumbs to combat turkey burger’s natural dryness… but you don’t have to! This method works just as well, with fewer carbs, fewer ingredients, and less work.
Cheese – Use whatever meltable low carb cheese you have/love.
Tools To Make
You’ll need just a few basic kitchen tools:
- Large bowl. To mix the meat.
- Rimmed baking sheet. The turkey burger sliders will release liquid as they cook, so using a rimmed baking sheet is important.
- Parchment paper. Makes for easier cleanup, not necessary.
- Toothpicks. If serving this as an app, place a toothpick in the center of each.
Think of your favorite burger sides, then serve them alongside your turkey burger sliders! Some of our family favorites include:
- All.The.Fried.Food: such as low carb onion rings, low carb fries or zucchini fries.
- Side salads like a simple ranch lettuce and tomato combo, or the BBQ classics: low carb coleslaw and low carb broccoli salad.
- Chips! We like low carb versions, primarily veggie chips.
Want to get creative with these turkey burger sliders? Here are a few ideas for you:
- Swap the zucchinis for another veggie. We’ve all had a lettuce burger before, but there are so many other veggies to get creative with: tomato slices, portobello mushrooms, summer squash, even avocados for a low carb avocado burger!
- Use buns instead of zucchini slices. Check out my recipe for low carb hamburger buns that taste just like the real deal!
- Swap the meat. Use ground beef instead for traditional beef burgers, or buffalo for buffalo burgers.
- Get creative with the toppings. I wanted to keep it simple (and TRUST ME! simple works here!) but you can get as fancy as you like. Make a bacon cheeseburger, jalapeno burger, buffalo chicken burger — you do you.
Turkey Burger SlidersPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Teaspoon Salt + more for zucchini
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper + more for zucchini
- Cooking Spray
- 2 Large Zucchini or Summer Squash cut into 1/2" slices
- 10 Slices Cheddar Cheese cut into quarters
- Low Carb Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ground turkey, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper together in a large bowl.
- Roll the turkey into 20 balls, then press them into patties.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Slice zucchini into 40 pieces. Spray with cooking spray, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet -- if you don't have enough room to fit both the patties and veggie slices, grab another pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 19-22 minutes. Make sure the internal temp of your patties reaches 165 F.
- Remove pan from oven and turn the temperature up to broil.
- Place 2 quarters of cheese on top of each patty.
- Toss baking sheets back into the oven and bake until the cheese melts, should be 1-2 minutes.
- Allow patties to cool slightly. Then spread ketchup on top of the cheese, and sandwich each patty between 2 slices of zucchini.
- Place a toothpick in the center, or eat as is. Enjoy!
Are hamburger recipes always on your mind too? Phew! I’m not alone! Here are more recipes to curb your cravings:
- Chicken Burger. Similarly to these turkey burger sliders, you’ll need a few tips to maximize this meat’s juiciness.
- Portobello Mushroom Burger. Not feeling meat today? These patties are for you!
- Salmon Burger. Crisp exterior with a deliciously flakey interior.
- Low Carb Cheeseburger Casserole. All the things you love about a burger, in easy to eat casserole form.
- California Burger. This Cali girl can’t live without a good In-N-Out dupe.
I hope you love these turkey burger sliders as much as we do!
Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Enjoy!