Break out this low carb potato salad recipe for your next party! It’s sensational! Psst, spoiler alert: there are ZERO actual potatoes in it!
Low carb recipes like this one are a rare find! While you still get the comfort of a classic, it’s been transformed into a healthier version! I love that! Low carb recipes that are also healthy recipes are my speciality.
It’s SO good, you will not even miss the ‘tatoes! It’s the ideal dish for cutting back on carbs or if you’re looking for lighter salad recipes! Pair with: grilled meats, cooked veggies and good company!
Here’s why I can’t get enough of this low carb potato salad recipe:
- In under 30 minutes, you have a delicious meal or side ready to go!
- I love that there’s no actual potatoes in this salad, making it a fab low carb option!
- It’s light and fresh with the ideal combo of zesty salt (hellooooo, bacon!), sweet and crunchy!
- It has easy, simple ingredients! No complicated items here! Yahoo!
- It’s fun to add different garnishes and seasonings to it, such as: chives, paprika (regular or smoked), fresh parsley, celery salt, Old Bay seasoning, basil, thyme, etc. You could even make it spicy and add some Sriracha!
Here’s what you need to make this savory low carb potato salad recipe as soon as today!
Grab these ingredients to whip up this faux (but better!) low carb potato salad recipe:
- Radishes: I’ve found these to be the GREATEST substitute for low carb potatoes! They boil up so nicely and are an awesome alternative to the real stuff! Drop that hot potato already!
- Bacon Slices: Crumble up the bacon to make your own bacon bits! YUM.
- Eggs: One whole egg has 6 grams of protein to fill you up! (And there are four in this recipe!)
- Scallions: These are also known as “green onions.”
- Celery: gives this dish awesome crunch, while also helping your body with digestion and antioxidants!
- Dill: Fresh herbs are best but dried will work too! Use what you have! Don’t sweat it!
- Regular Mayonnaise: You can swap the mayo for Greek yogurt too!
- Mustard: Try different kinds such as: Dijon, whole grain mustard, spicy mustard or yellow mustard to sample different flavor profiles!
- Salt + Black Pepper
Also, don’t forget that you can include various add-in’s too. Here are some that I like to add into this low carb potato salad recipe (depending on what I have on hand and what sounds appeals to my tastebuds): pickles (and/or its juice too!), relish, red onion, cauliflower rice/heads, a dash of apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar, etc.
Pop this low carb potato salad recipe into the fridge for best results.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, you can freeze this! Put ingredients in a freezer Ziplock bag, make sure all the air is out of the bag and freeze until you are ready to eat it. Thaw fully in the fridge before eating and enjoy!
Here’s some inspiration on how to make this low carb potato salad recipe your own signature dish!
Can I Add Eggs?
Greats news, eggs are already in this recipe! Eggcelent!
If you’re looking to use up some hard boiled eggs, try this: deviled egg salad, egg salad with relish or classic egg salad recipe. They will satisfy your egg cravings and give a great oomph of protein to your diet!
Pro tip: Skip the boiling step and hard boil your eggs with an Instant Pot (if you have one!) They make incredible hard boiled eggs that are easily peelable, all within 10 minutes! I love to make a dozen at the beginning of the week and eat them all week long! Eggcellent!
Can I Add More Veggies?
Ooooh, adding more veggies is my fave in any kind of salad! Load up on the good stuff! Add whatever you feel would be a great addition or clean out the veg in your fridge!
Try adding the super veg, cauliflower, to make cauliflower potato salad. Another fun one is adding broccoli to make a broccoli cauliflower salad. Orrrrrr a personal summer favorite is adding artichoke to create this artichoke salad.
What Kind Of Meat Can I Mix In?
Mix in whatever kind of meat you like! Aside from the bacon already in the recipe, other great additions would be: steak (for all you steak and potato lovers out there), corned beef, chicken, or ham.
Can I Swap Dressings?
Yep! Swap the dressing to your liking, to what you have or to what you are currently craving! Some awesome suggestions are: this creamy, homemade ranch dressing (bacon + ranch = true love!) or lighter options of balsamic vinaigrette or Italian vinaigrette.
You really can’t go wrong with any of them!
Can I Add Cheese?
Can you add cheese?! Heck yes you can and you should! I love to add sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar or even cottage cheese to this dish.
If you are craving more cheesy salad options, break the boring salad routine and try these light options: low carb taco salad, Greek chicken salad or this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. Who said salad can’t be exciting and sassy?!
Low Carb Potato Salad
- 2 Lbs Radishes raw
- 8 Slices Bacon
- 4 Eggs
- 5 Scallions chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- 2 Tablespoons Dill chopped, fresh
- 2/3 Cup Regular Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Add radishes to a pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center feels tender.
- In another pot, add the eggs, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Cook for 18 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon.
- Allow bacon to cool on a paper towel-lined plate, then crumble into small pieces.
- Once radishes are cooked, drain them and remove as much liquid as possible.
- Once eggs have cooked and cooled, peel and dice them.
- Add cooked bacon, radishes, eggs, celery and scallions to a large bowl.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper to bowl, and stir until everything is combined.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Low carb salads are refreshing, healthy and easy, here’s some ideas to make asap:
Please let me know how this low carb potato salad recipe turned out for you in the comments section below! Also, let me know if you added something I didn’t mention! I love to learn from you too!