These keto potatoes have the same shape, and a similar taste and texture to traditional potatoes, just without the carbs! Dress ’em up and serve alongside all your favorite dishes. They’re quick, easy, and always a crowd-pleaser!
Keto Potatoes Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
Recipe Tips + FAQs
Not much to these keto potatoes! But I do have a few tricks to guarantee delicious perfection:
- Don’t overcrowd your pan, this will prevent your low carb potatoes from crisping.
- Wash radishes well — these bad boys are grown in the dirt, so it’s good to give them a double/triple rinse.
- Have leftovers? Recrisp them in the oven, not the microwave.
More Potato Substitutes
Looking for more low carb potato recipes? After testing many alternatives, this is our family’s favorite potato dupe for basic baked keto potatoes. But, if you’re looking for a different potato use, there are plenty of other veggies you can try. Including:
- Turnips, which I use in my keto scalloped potatoes (a super cheesy keto potato bake).
- Jicama, which works well as a french fry substitute.
- Cauliflower, which is more of a substitute than a dupe. Works well for mashed cauliflower or cauliflower potato salad.
- Butternut squash, which is higher in carbs, but is delicious pureed into a keto butternut squash soup.
How to Make Keto Potatoes:
- Toss ingredients together, making sure the halved radishes thoroughly coated in olive oil.
- Spread radishes onto a rimmed baking sheet, placing the cut side down
- Roast for 25 minutes. Flip radishes, and roast another 20 minutes on the other side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Other Ways to Dress Up Your Potatoes
This low carb potatoes recipe is simple (yet delicious!). If you’re looking for a more dressed up version of potatoes, here are some ideas for you:
- Toss these low carb potatoes in your favorite herbs and spices.
- Top baked radishes in cheese, crispy bacon, chives and sour cream for a delicious keto baked potato substitute.
- Julienne your radishes and toss them into a casserole with cheese and cream.
- Add low carb potatoes to soup, as I do in my keto beef stew.
Can You Eat (Regular) Potatoes on Keto?
If you’re following a strict keto eating plan, traditional russet, white, red, and sweet potatoes aren’t your friend. Here’s the nutritional breakdown of 1 medium potato:
- 29 g net carbs in russet potatoes
- 33 g net carbs in white potatoes
- 34 g net carbs in red potatoes
- 20 g net carbs in sweet potatoes
So, if you’re wondering which kind of potato has the least carbs, sweet potatoes are your best option.
More Veggie Based Sides
Keto PotatoesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 Pounds Radishes halved
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Rosemary minced
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss ingredients together, making sure the halved radishes (3 pounds) are thoroughly coated in olive oil (1/4 cup). Spread radishes onto a rimmed baking sheet, placing the cut side down -- I do this on 2 baking sheets so the radishes aren't overcrowded.
- Bake. Roast for 25 minutes. Flip radishes, and roast another 20 minutes on the other side. Radishes are done once they've browned to your liking. (I usually add another 10 minutes to this time, this will vary with how crowded the pan is and how brown you'd like them). Serve warm and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Nutritional information is for 1 serving if you divide this recipe into 6 servings: