If you have a sweet tooth like I do, this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe is going to be your favorite new low carb candy! These bright, citrusy treats are everything dessert should be – fresh, creamy and delicious!
You’ll adore how these low carb snacks will cover your cravings while keeping your sugar intake to a minimum. I love, love, love low carb recipes like this one, that are so mouthwatering and satisfying, I forget they’re healthy snacks!
Let’s get started!!
This lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe is an absolute favorite!
- 5 ingredients! And they’re inexpensive and easy to source to boot!
- Ready in just a few minutes – your sugar craving won’t even have time to win you over!
- Satisfies that sweet tooth in one delicious little bite, while adding almost no carbs to your daily meal plan!
This lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe is so simple, I could text it to you! But anything can become a Pinterest fail – check out these tips to keep it simple and quick.
Lemons – Fear not if you’ve never zested a lemon before. When you taste the bright, fresh flavor the zest brings, you’ll be brainstorming recipes you can add this simple addition to.
To zest citrus, hold the zester or fine grater in your non-dominant hand, and hold the fruit in your dominant one. It can be helpful to use a cutting glove to hold the citrus to keep all your fingertips intact. Zest only the yellow part – called the flavedo, and avoid the white pith…. that part is bitter and not great to add in to most recipes. Don’t worry – you’ll be a pro in no time!
Erythritol – Only have granulated on hand? Pulse it for a few times in your food processor or blender and voila – it’s powder! This calorie-free sweetener doesn’t affect blood sugar and is almost as sweet as regular sugar products.
Tools To Make
- Zester or fine grater – you can use either one to get the results you need
- Food processor – doesn’t need to be super strong, this creamy mixture comes together in seconds
- Silicone mold – a fat bomb mold (this one is my FAVE!) makes this recipe super simple, but you can also use a mini muffin pan.
This soft and creamy lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe stores well in the fridge and best in the freezer. Simply store in an airtight container with layers of parchment between.
Biggest benefit of storing them out of sight?? You won’t be tempted to eat them in one sitting!
Can You Freeze Them?
These lush little beauties store BEST in the freezer. The cold keeps the cream cheese in the perfect texture for a satisfyingly bright bite. Plus, they’ll last longer!
Want to add some pep to your lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe? Try these variations and satisfy any craving on the spot.
Can I Add Strawberries?
MMMMM, adding some pureed strawberries to this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe would make them even more sunny and summery! Or try these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs for a riff on the New York classic.
Can I Add Coconut?
Everything tastes better with a bit of coconut…
Try mixing in some unsweetened/shredded coconut into your lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe! Or, try these velvety coconut fat bombs — They’re straight out of paradise!
Can I Add Peanut Butter?
Nut butters are a great starting point for these tasty bites, but adding it to this recipe would take away from the cheesecake theme! Instead, try these peanut butter fat bombs, or go a little sweeter with this chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe.
Can I Mix In Some Chocolate?
Who doesn’t love some cocoa! Turn these into lemon cheesecake chocolate fat bombs (that’s a mouth full…) by mixing in some cocoa powder! Start with a teaspoon, and taste test the batter, adding more to your liking.
Or get your sweet treat fix fast with this cookie dough fat bomb recipe!
Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Erythritol powdered
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest lightly packed (this was about 3 lemons for me!!)
- Add ingredients to a food processor and process away! Process until the fat bomb ingredients are liquid-like to ensure everything combines thoroughly.
- Prepare your molds. I used a round silicone mold* (which I LOVE!) if you'd rather not buy a new tool, prep a mini muffin tin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Evenly distribute fat bomb combo into molds and place in the freezer until firm (about 2 hours).
- Store in the fridge or freezer**, and enjoy!
Need all the fat bombs? Try these yummy versions!
Did you make this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe straight up, or did you doctor them with chocolate or strawberry? Comment below with your favorite variation! Enjoy!