If you have a sweet tooth like I do, this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe is going to be your favorite new low carb candy! These bright, citrusy fat bombs are everything dessert should be – fresh, creamy and delicious!
You’ll adore how these low carb snacks will cover your cravings while keeping your sugar intake to a minimum. I love, love, love low carb recipes like this one, that are so mouthwatering and satisfying, I forget they’re actually low carb desserts!
Let’s get started!!
This lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe is an absolute low carb desserts favorite!
- 5 ingredients! And they’re inexpensive and easy to source to boot!
- Ready in just a few minutes – your sugar craving won’t even have time to win you over!
- Satisfies that sweet tooth in one delicious little bite, while adding almost no carbs to your daily meal plan!
This lemon fat bombs recipe is so simple, I could text it to you! But anything can become a Pinterest fail – check out these healthy desserts tips to keep it simple and quick.
Lemons – Fear not if you’ve never zested a lemon before. When you taste the bright, fresh flavor the zest brings, you’ll be brainstorming recipes you can add this simple addition to.
To zest citrus, hold the zester or fine grater in your non-dominant hand, and hold the fruit in your dominant one. It can be helpful to use a cutting glove to hold the citrus to keep all your fingertips intact. Zest only the yellow part – called the flavedo, and avoid the white pith…. that part is bitter and not great to add in to most recipes. Don’t worry – you’ll be a pro in no time!
Erythritol – Only have granulated on hand? Pulse it for a few times in your food processor or blender and voila – it’s powder! This calorie-free sweetener doesn’t affect blood sugar and is almost as sweet as regular sugar products.
Tools To Make
- Zester or fine grater – you can use either one to get the results you need
- Food processor – doesn’t need to be super strong, this creamy mixture comes together in seconds
- Silicone mold – a fat bomb mold (this one is my FAVE!) makes this recipe super simple, but you can also use a mini muffin pan.
This soft and creamy lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe stores well in the fridge and best in the freezer. Simply store in an airtight container with layers of parchment between.
The biggest benefit of storing them out of sight?? You won’t be tempted to eat them in one sitting!
Can You Freeze These?
These lush little low carb cake beauties store BEST in the freezer. The cold keeps the cream cheese in the perfect texture for satisfyingly bright healthy snacks. Plus, they’ll last longer!
Want to add some pep to your lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe? Try these variations and satisfy any craving on the spot.
- Add fruit. Adding low carb fruits like pureed strawberries to this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe would make them even more sunny and summery! Or try these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs for a riff on the New York classic.
- Add coconut. Try mixing in some unsweetened/shredded coconut for lemon coconut fat bombs — They’re straight out of paradise!
- Mix in some chocolate. Turn these into lemon chocolate fat bombs by mixing in some cocoa powder or low carb chocolate chips.
Lemon Cheesecake Fat BombsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) powdered
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest lightly packed (this was about 3 lemons for me!!)
- Add ingredients to a food processor and process until ingredients are liquid-like.
- Prepare your molds. I used a round silicone mold (which I LOVE!) if you'd rather not buy a new tool, prep a mini muffin tin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Evenly distribute fat bombs into your molds and place them in the freezer until firm (about 2 hours).
- Store in the fridge or freezer, and enjoy!
Need all the fat bombs? Try these yummy low carb sweet snacks!
- Cookie Dough Fat Bombs. For a fast sweet tooth fix!
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs. Bite-sized, creamy and perfect.
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Chocolate cookie crumb crust and velvety cream cheese filling.
- Sugar Free White Chocolate. Shockingly easy!
- Low Carb Dark Chocolate. Because chocolate makes the world a happier place.
Did you make this lemon cheesecake fat bombs recipe straight up, or did you doctor them with chocolate or strawberry? Comment below with your favorite variation! Enjoy!