This keto mojito is one of those classic low carb cocktails that just screams summer with every crisp and delicious sip!
The low carb alcohol in this drink is rum, which is complemented by muddled mint, lime juice, and soda water.
Traditionally, mojitos are topped off with loads of sugar, but to make this worthy of our low carb drinks collection, we’ll use erythritol for an equally delicious concoction.
This low carb recipes the perfect and refreshing drink to enjoy poolside (or dreaming of being poolside) when it’s too warm for everything else!
Crafting a beautiful, refreshing low carb mojito is so easier than you’d think! Here are more reasons to love it:
- Great summer drink. Light, crisp, and oh-so-refreshing.
- No added sugar!!! WAY more gratifying than drinking its sugar-saturated counterpart.
- Easy to make. Seriously, guys, it takes less than 5 minutes…
- Pairs well with ALL the summer thangs… BBQ, seafood, dogs, and burgers.
Just a few ingredients, shakes, and muddles, and you’re well on your way to sipping in STYLE! Here’s whacha need to know:
Making keto alcoholic drinks is easy with lime, white rum, club soda and…
Sweetener. Use your preferred of the keto sweeteners for this cocktail. I love erythritol in this recipe because it has 0 calories and a cooling effect that slightly enhances the mint essence to give this keto mojito a delicious, thirst-quenching quality.
Mint. Grab the freshest mint leaves you can find, along with some quality white rum and club soda.
Make sure to not over-muddle the mint, this will give your keto mojito a grassy taste that can ruin the flavor of your recipe. Avoiding the muddlers with teeth on them helps.
Other than that, this keto mojito is a SUPER simple drink to make!
Tools To Make
Making this keto mojito only requires a couple of things:
- A muddler, but a wooden rolling pin will work in a pinch.
- A cocktail shaker. If you don’t have access to a cocktail shaker, then a mason jar or small container with a lid will work in its place.
They also work marvelously alongside tacos — check out my almond flour tortillas!
It wouldn’t be a mojito without the 5 classic ingredients listed below, but if you’re looking for something a little different, here are some ways to switch things up:
- Add some low carb fruits before you muddle! A handful of strawberries (similar to my low carb strawberry margarita) or raspberries (like in this low carb cosmopolitan) would be delicious and refreshing.
- It’s not for me, but a popular variation is to add low carb wine (white of course) to mojitos. I like to save my wine cocktails for low carb mulled wine.
- Use a different kind of alcohol. Vodka mojitos are all the rage, you could also use tequila for a low carb margarita -ish variation.
Keto MojitoPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons Erythritol granular
- 1 1/2 Ounces White Rum
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice
- 1 Ounce Club Soda
- Mint Leaves for garnish
- Add mint leaves to a cocktail shaker and lightly muddle, making sure not to over-muddle as this will give your cocktail a grassy taste.
- Add erythritol, rum, lime juice, and ice. Cover and shake.
- Strain mojito over ice in a highball glass.
- Top with club soda, garnish with mint leaves, and enjoy!
Beer and wine are okay but there’s nothing fun or exotic about them. Here are some other tasty keto cocktails:
- Low Carb Martini. Chocolate martini anyone?
- Keto Old Fashioned. Bold, but it works.
- Keto White Russian. The dude would be proud.
- Low Carb Whiskey Sour. Another great summer treat.
- Keto Eggnog. What’s the holiday season without it?!
Making a low carb mojito is fast and easy but drinking a minty keto mojito is both fun and rejuvenating. Serving this classic keto mojito at your next get together will have all your friends asking for the recipe.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoy!