I’m fairly confident there’s no combination more superior than coffee, booze, and cream, and after one sip of this keto white Russian I know you’ll agree!!
If you’re eating (and drinking) low carb, you were probably pretty bummed to find that most cocktails are carb and sugar bombs. Aside from derailing your eating plan, these sweet additives only aid in a more ferocious hangover the next day… no thanks!
So, in an effort to solve the soda water vodka debacle (because really, who likes those??) I took to mixing, and came up with a collection low carb cocktails — Ranging from keto eggnog, to a low carb margarita, to this white Russian!
And I have to say, of all the low carb alcohol options, this one is the most dessert-like and nightcap worthy!
I’ll cheers to that! Let’s mix!
What isn’t there to love about this keto white Russian?! Here are a few things that keep me coming back to this tried and true cocktail:
- Satisfies sweet tooth
- Smooth and creamy
- Minimal ingredients
- Totally dude worthy
Ready to get mixing? Here are a few answered questions reader have had about this keto white Russian recipe:
?What is a White Russian?
The white Russian ingredients are pretty simple: vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream served over ice.
?How much sugar does a white Russian have?
Traditional white Russians have about 21.5 g of sugar per serving. This bad boy? Has less than 1 gram.
?Why is a White Russian called a White Russian?
White Russians are not actually from Russia, rather, their main ingredient is vodka and they contain heavy cream.
The fun is just beginning! Check out other satisfying ways to jazz up my keto white Russian cocktail below. Keep in mind, any swaps will change the traditional white Russian:
- Make this a warm drink by using warm coffee, and serving it without ice.
- Make a mocha version with some chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, or by mixing it into my keto hot chocolate.
- Make this dairy-free by using full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
Looking for more low carb drink inspo? Here’s a fab list:
Keto White RussianPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Brew unsweetened
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) powdered
- 3 Ounces Heavy Cream
- Add vodka ( 1 1/2 ounces), cold brew (1 tablespoon), water (1 tablespoon), and erythritol (1 teaspoon ) to a rocks glass, and stir until erythritol dissolves.
- Add ice, and pour heavy cream (3 ounces) over the top. Taste and adjust the sweetness of the cocktail to your liking. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Lakanto, Swerve, or Erythritol. I stick to Lakanto and Swerve which are a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If using a different brand of Erythritol, keep in mind it's 70% as sweet as sugar, so you may need to add more to taste.
- Use powdered sweetener, as granular won't dissolve into the alcohol. Liquid stevia/monk fruit work as well (start with a few drops and increase according to your preference).
- Nutritional information is for the entire recipe: