Ahhh, is there anything better than a keto white Russian?! I am fairly confident there is no combination more superior than coffee, booze and cream!! I’ll cheers to that!
There is also nothing better than signature low carb cocktails that have simple ingredients, without the extra junk added (I’m looking at you, corn syrup & sugar) These sweet additives only aid in a more ferocious hangover the next day, no thanks.
I for one, vote for the low carb alcohol or at least the “healthier” low carb drinks versus the traditional ones!
What isn’t to love about this keto white Russian recipe?! Here are a few things that keep me coming back to this tried and true recipe:
- The sweetness of this drink satisfies my sweet tooth cravings!
- It’s a perfectly smooth and creamy cocktail!
- Minimal ingredients! Just simply stir in 4 ingredients plus water and voila! You’ll be clinking glasses with a delicious bevie in no time!
- You can also customize it to whatever you have on hand (like all my recipes!).
- Last but certainly not least, it keeps me on track! Just because I’m imbibing cocktails, does not mean I have to let my low carb lifestyle fall to the wayside!
Here’s everything you need to know to mix up your own keto white Russian this weekend!
A traditional White Russian is usually made with the coffee liqueur, Kahlua, which is packed with sugar, Arabica coffee, caramel color, vanilla, and rum and/or vodka. It’s a syrupy, sugar bomb!!
A 2.5 serving size (equal to 2 shot glasses) contains a whopping 33 grams of sugar and carbohydrates!
My recipe below has only ONE gram of sugar in a 2.5 fluid ounce serving! Now that is something to celebrate!
Here are the keto white Russian ingredients broken down:
Vodka – Naturally carb and sugar-free! Yeaaaah!
Coffee – Use your favorite brand or whatever you have readily available. There are so many good ones to choose from these days.
Sweetener – to add a touch of keto sweeteners makes a big difference! You can use liquid stevia, monk fruit as sweeteners, powdered erythritol.
HACK: if you only have granulated erythritol, you can easily convert it into a powder by mixing it into your coffee grinder, or food processor!
Heavy cream – Instead of using high sugar Bailey’s Irish Cream, well use heavy cream and sweeten it ourselves! Similar to this keto eggnog, it adds loads of delicious flavor without hardly any carbs.
Tools To Make
A rocks glass and cocktail stirrer are all you need! If you don’t have a rocks glass, no worries, all you need is a shorter glass cup to make this drink look snazzy.
Store leftovers in the fridge without the ice (the ice will melt and water down your cocktail). Drink soon for optimal freshness!
The fun is just beginning! Check out other satisfying ways to jazz up my keto white Russian cocktail below. Keep in mind, any swaps will change the traditional white Russian:
- Make a mocha version with some chocolate shavings or this low carb hot chocolate.
- Make this a warm drink by using warm coffee.
- Swap the vodka for whatever alcohol you prefer — rum is pretty mild (it’s also great in keto mojitos!). Bourbon or whiskey would also both be delicious and would add a bit of a keto old fashioned vibe. Save the tequila for your low carb margarita.
- Make this dairy-free by using full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
Keto White RussianPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Brew unsweetened
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Teaspoon Swerve or Lakanto (see sweetener notes below) powdered
- 3 Ounces Heavy Cream
- Add vodka, cold brew, water and erythritol to a rocks glass, and stir until erythritol dissolves.
- Add ice, and pour heavy cream over the top. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
In case you’re looking for more drink inspo, here is a fab list:
- Keto Moscow Mule. Those cute copper mugs no longer need to collect dust!
- Low Carb Strawberry Margarita. Wayy better than a traditional margarita my friends.
- Low Carb Beer. There ARE low carb beers!
- Low Carb Martini. My take on a choco-tini.
- Low Carb Mulled Wine. My favorite way to stay warm during the winter.
I hope you enjoy my simple, low carb, Keto White Russian cocktail! Please leave your comments below on what you thought or if you have any other cocktails you’d like me to transform into healthier options!