Break out those cute copper mugs and get ready to cheers an icy cold keto Moscow Mule! This is one of my go-to summer low carb cocktails! You know I loveeeee to share low carb drinks that are also healthy drinks!
Diet ginger beer is one of the most delicious, effervescent low carb alcohol on this planet! This low carb recipes got a ginger punch with a refreshing zing of lime juice that leaves you wanting more!
Whip up a pitcher of my skinny keto Moscow Mule to keep the party going! Let’s do this…
My keto Moscow Mule is a FUN and festive cocktail that brings out your inner party girl or boy! Here’s why you should make this keto Moscow Mule immediately:
- It’s spicy, bubbly and perfect for summer celebrations!
- It’s keto-friendly! I cut out the extra carbs and refined sugar for you/
- Short and cheap ingredient list! No fancy frills here, THREE ingredients only!
- It’s soooooo versatile! You can easily jazz this recipe up or switch it around! YOU are the bartender here!
Make this recipe in a SNAP. Here is everything you need to know to make my keto Moscow Mule and have your taste buds singing:
Make this delightful skinny cocktail with the THREE Moscow Mule ingredients below (YES, only three!!!):
- Vodka: Choose a quality brand for a cleaner tasting beverage.
- Lime Juice: I love to use fresh lime juice vs the concentrates. You can definitely taste the difference. Trust me on this!
- Diet Ginger Beer (or Ginger Ale): Ignore the name because there is actually no alcohol in ginger beer! Choose a diet option over the traditional to avoid packing in additional sugar and carbs.
Ginger ale is often easier to find, but ginger beer is the more traditional option for this cocktail. The main difference between the two, is that ginger beer has a stronger/spicier flavor and is less carbonated than ginger ale.
The Extras for added PIZAZZ to your keto Moscow Mule:
- Lime Wedge: Don’t skip this! It makes a beautiful garnish. Mint is also another refreshing and aesthetically beautiful option. Use a jalapeno if you are feely extra spicy! Be creative with your garnishes! Use what you love and what you have on hand.
- Ice: Crushed or cubed is perfect. I prefer crushed, it feels more festive!
Tools To Make
You’ll be drinking this sassy, keto Moscow Mule in no time. All you need is the copper mug. You certainly don’t have to use it but it helps to create a classic feel with a stunning presentation.
The copper mug isn’t just for show either. It actually helps keep the drink cold and insulated.
This moscow mules are best enjoyed immediately, as the ginger beer will flatten.
Feeling creative or don’t want a trip to the grocery store? Check out these variations!
- Swap limes for citrus of choice. You can use lemon (like a vodka version of my low carb whiskey sour). OR, try something similar to a low carb margarita with orange extract.
- Swap ginger beer for ginger ale (as mentioned above), or something totally different if you can’t find diet ginger products. Go with soda water for a crisp and refreshing keto mojito vibe, or diet Sprite/7 Up. You can even use a low carb beer (Coors Light, etc.) instead.
- Use a different kind of alcohol. Gin or tequila would be delicious in this drink — save the bolder options for their own signature cocktails.
- Add some muddled fruit, such as strawberries (like in my low carb strawberry margarita) or raspberries (like a low carb cosmopolitan), or even blackberries!
Here are more low carb cocktail recipes to whet your whistle:
Keto Moscow MulePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
- 1/2 Ounce Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Diet Ginger Beer or ginger ale
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Lime Wedge for garnish
- Add vodka (1 1/2 Ounces), lime juice (1/2 Ounce ) and diet ginger beer (1/2 cup) to a moscow mule mug, or glass and gently stir.
- Add ice to cup, garnish with lime wedges, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Traditionally this cocktail is made with ginger beer, but the diet version of this can be hard to find. Substitute for ginger ale for a little less spicy flavor.