Break out those cute copper mugs and get ready to cheers an icy cold keto Moscow Mule! This is one of my go-to summer low carb cocktails! You know I loveeeee to share low carb drinks that are also healthy drinks!
Diet ginger beer is one of the most delicious, effervescent beverages on this planet! This low carb recipes got a ginger punch with a refreshing zing of lime juice that leaves you wanting more!
Whip up a pitcher of my skinny keto Moscow Mule to keep the party going! Let’s do this…
My keto Moscow Mule is a FUN and festive cocktail that brings out your inner party girl or boy! Here’s why you should make this keto Moscow Mule immediately:
- It’s spicy, bubbly and perfect for summer celebrations!
- It’s keto-friendly! I cut out the extra carbs and refined sugar for you/
- Short and cheap ingredient list! No fancy frills here, THREE ingredients only!
- It’s soooooo versatile! You can easily jazz this recipe up or switch it around! YOU are the bartender here!
Make this recipe in a SNAP. Here is everything you need to know to make my keto Moscow Mule and have your taste buds singing:
Make this delightful skinny cocktail with the THREE Moscow Mule ingredients below (YES, only three!!!):
- Vodka: Choose a quality brand for a cleaner tasting beverage.
- Lime Juice: I love to use fresh lime juice vs the concentrates. You can definitely taste the difference. Trust me on this!
- Diet Ginger Beer (or Ginger Ale): Ignore the name because there is actually no alcohol in ginger beer! Choose a diet option over the traditional to avoid packing in additional sugar and carbs.
Ginger ale is often easier to find, but ginger beer is the more traditional option for this cocktail. The main difference between the two, is that ginger beer has a stronger/spicier flavor and is less carbonated than ginger ale.
The Extras for added PIZAZZ to your keto Moscow Mule:
- Lime Wedge: Don’t skip this! It makes a beautiful garnish. Mint is also another refreshing and aesthetically beautiful option. Use a jalapeno if you are feely extra spicy! Be creative with your garnishes! Use what you love and what you have on hand.
- Ice: Crushed or cubed is perfect. I prefer crushed, it feels more festive!
Tools to Make
You’ll be drinking this sassy, keto Moscow Mule in no time. All you need is the copper mug. You certainly don’t have to use it but it helps to create a classic feel with a stunning presentation.
The copper mug isn’t just for show either. It actually helps keep the drink cold and insulated.
This moscow mules are best enjoyed immediately, as the ginger beer will flatten.
Feeling creative or don’t want a trip to the grocery store? Check out these variations!
How Can I Use Lemon instead of Lime?
Don’t like limes or only have lemons? Use what you have or you prefer. This keto Moscow Mule is crazy customizable to suit your palate.
Make a keto old fashioned instead by switching the vodka for rum, adding mint plus your fave low carb sweetener and replacing the diet ginger beer with club soda!
Craving a low carb margarita instead? Just keep the lime and grab some Tequila, orange extract and keto sweetener! YUM!
What Are Some Ginger Beer Alternatives?
A fab ginger beer alternative would be your favorite low carb beer of choice! Just remember that you are increasing the alcohol content in this drink (should you go that route) since there is no alcohol in almost all ginger beers.
Can I Skip The Ginger Beer?
Skip the ginger beer and make a satisfying keto mojito! Swap out the vodka for rum, add mint and use club soda instead of diet ginger beer!
Can I Add Fruit to This?
That is a BERRY good question! Add fruit to transform this cocktail into some fruity, sassy fun! Try different kinds of low carb fruits to make your own signature flavors! Personal fave: my low carb strawberry margarita!
Feeling more Sex in the City but without the sugary carb-y hangover?! Keep the vodka and try my low carb cosmopolitan with any low carb fruits that strike your fancy!
I love to muddle raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc. It looks fancy but is insanely easy!
How Can I Make This Sour?
Not wanting the sweetness of fruit? How about the tangy, puckering sour of a low carb whiskey sour? Swap out the vodka for whiskey, sub the lime juice for lemon and add a low cal sweetener of choice.
Keto Moscow Mule
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
- 1/2 Ounce Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Diet Ginger Beer or ginger ale
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Lime Wedge for garnish
- Add vodka, lime juice and ginger beer to a moscow mule mug, or glass and gently stir.
- Add ice to cup, garnish with lime wedges, and enjoy!
Here are more low carb alcohol recipes to whet your whistle:
My keto Moscow Mule is a classic, must-make summer cocktail! Stir one up and comment below to let me know how you liked it!