You won’t believe me, but in the same amount of time it would take for you to drive to get the carby version, you can make this low carb gummy bears recipe at home!
This low carb recipes literally one sitcom episode away, and these low carb desserts will be on your have-on-hand list the moment you try one.
I adore healthy recipes that let me fill in gaps that cutting carbs left in my life, and this low carb candy is perfect for a movie date or for afternoon low carb snacks.
You won’t believe how easy and delicious they are! Let’s start!
These sweet, tangy low carb gummy bears come together in less than 20 minutes, plus:
- 3 Easy inexpensive, ingredients! I mean, one is water, so….
- Simple instructions – no matter how skilled you are in the kitchen, you can definitely make these!
- Satisfies that craving for a chewy, sweet little treat! What more could you want??
This recipe is so simple and fast, you won’t even have time to ask questions! I’ll break down the basics:
All you need for this quick and easy recipe is a few common ingredients and one you’ll wish you knew about a long time ago!
Gelatin: this is not Jello or collagen! Don’t buy flavored packets at the store, those will most definitely not be carb-free.
What you are using here is unflavored gelatin packets, the base ingredient for most gummy foods. With most brands, a packet is roughly equal to a tablespoon of gelatin, so use 2 pouches for these low carb gummy bears.
Erythritol – My keto sweeteners of choice are Lakanto and Swerve — both are erythritol with added ingredients so they can be used as a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. Feel free to swap in any granular sweetener you prefer.
If you have freezer dried berries on hand, those can be used instead! Simply toss them in a food processor until powdered. Then run them through a sifter to remove the seeds that didn’t break down.
You can use low carb fruits instead, however, there will be small seeds in your gummies.
Tools To Make
- Saucepan. You’ll need a small saucepan to heat your gelatin and allow it to fully dissolve.
- Mold. You’ll want a gummy bear mold to make these low carb gummy bears, I used this one. Ideally, they would be bears, right?? But! You can use whatever shape you want/have — even a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray works well here. The same concept as these low carb marshmallows, just slice them into your desired shape after the gummies set!
Store these snacks in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. (These low carb gummy bears freeze SO well!)
Looking to switch up things up a bit? Check out these tips for a low carb gummies cooking win (not a Pinterest fail)!
- Use different fruit. As mentioned above, you can use whatever sort of powdered fruit you’re craving that works with your carb goals. Berries are typically lowest in carbs. Although citrus is a great addition as well — check out my lemon fat bombs or low carb lemon bars for more citrus-inspired desserts.
- Dip these in chocolate! For a fancier, more sophisticated version of these low carb gummy bears. Once your bears have set, dip them in melted low carb chocolate, low carb dark chocolate, or sugar free white chocolate!
- Make a sour version by simply adding 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin C powder.
- Try my immune-boosting elderberry gummies by subbing in elderberry powder!
Low Carb Gummy BearsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add strawberry powder, water, and erythritol to a small saucepan and whisk as you bring contents to a simmer. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Reduce heat in the pan and stir in gelatin 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir until it completely dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Place the gummy bear molds* on a baking sheet (this makes them easier to transfer).
- Once everything has melted together, use the eyedropper tool to pour gummies into the mold. If the gummies start to set, you may need to reheat slightly or add a touch of water (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until the gummies pop out of the molds easily and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
I hope these low carb sweet snacks hit the spot! Looking for more treats like these sugar free gummy bears? Check out these tempting options!
- Low Carb Fudge. Suuuper creamy and delish!
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb.Like cookie dough bites, but without the carbs 🙂
- Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Think of these are low carb cheesecake bites!
- Low Carb No Bake Cookies. My summertime go-to.
- Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs. Lemon has never tasted so decadently DELISH!
Eating low carb doesn’t mean missing out, and these sweet, chewy, low carb gummy bears are a total game-changer in the snacks department! Comment below with your favorite flavor combo, and ENJOY!!