Garlicky, caramelized, 5-minute keto green beans? Serious crunch? 1 dish? Sign. Me. Up!
What’s Better Than Blanched Green Beans?
Some say blanched green beans are the best, I say these low carb green beans are far superior. Because unlike blanched, these slightly caramelized, super garlicky beans aren’t watery. Aren’t mushy. And don’t take a dozen dishes to prepare.
You see, giving these keto beans a good ole oven roast allows their natural sugars to caramelize, which enhances both the taste (slightly sweet) and texture (legit CRUNCH).
This is my go-to side whenever we have a green bean hankerin’. It takes 5 minutes to prep, is simple yet full of flavor, and is a great way to add greens, fiber, and some magical fruit to your dinner routine. Enjoy 💚😂 – Linds x
Keto Green Beans Video Tutorial
Are Green Beans Keto?
Believe it or not, this is one of the most simple recipes on my site — But it’s unbelievable how a few ingredients come together to create a dish oh-so full of flavor:
- Olive oil – I love the flavor of olive oil here.
- Green beans – Stem ends snapped off, beans cut into 2-inch pieces. Opt for fresh, vibrant, and snappy-looking beans.
- Salt + pepper
- Garlic – We’ll add this towards the end and give it a quick toast (adding it at the beginning will cause it to burn).
- Lemon – Adds a little bright and fresh flavor to our low carb green beans.
Reheating Your Baked Green Beans
Reheat these low carb green beans in the oven to crisp them up a bit before plating — they’ll get soggy in the microwave.
There are a million ways to prepare green beans — they’re a delicious french fry substitute (keto fried green beans) and are the only beans worthy of their very own casserole. So it should come as no surprise that there are a ton of variations you can try here:
- Cook them differently – such as blanching them (ala green beans almondine), keto green beans air fryer, or check out my stir fried green beans recipe.
- Add keto cheese – Goat cheese or feta work really well with these ingredients.
- Add cooked + crumbled bacon for keto green beans with bacon – never a bad idea.
- Or chopped keto nuts for a little crunch on top.
More Veggie Based Sides
- Keto Butternut Squash Soup
- Keto Squash Casserole
- Jicama Fries
- Keto Zucchini Fries
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
Low Carb Keto Green BeansPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans stem ends snapped off, beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Bake. Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss green beans in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and lay in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 26-28 minutes. Remove baking sheet from the oven, and evenly sprinkle the garlic over the top. Toss to incorporate. Return to the oven for 5 minutes-- you'll know the green beans are done once they've browned around the edges.
- Assemble + enjoy. Top with freshly zested lemon and enjoy!