This parmesan roasted broccoli is an easy, flavor packed side that’ll make everyone fall in love with greens. Tender stems and crisp caramelized edges tossed in melty parmesan, roasted broccoli has never tasted this good.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli Ingredients
You don’t need much to turn broccoli into your new favorite side. Here are some ingredient tips to keep in mind:
- Oil: use a high quality olive oil
- Kosher salt: be sure to use Kosher salt, or reduce the amount of table salt by 1/3.
- Broccoli: feel free to use pre-chopped florets, or grab a head of broccoli and cut it into small pieces. Either way, you want to make sure your florets are roughly the same size. Psst–you can also use this recipe to make parmesan roasted broccolini.
- Garlic: fresh garlic adds significantly more flavor than garlic powder.
- Parmesan: freshly grated parmesan is always the most flavor packed and delicious (skip the green containers from the pasta aisle).
More Ways to Season Roasted Broccoli
Although we love this simple parmesan roasted broccoli, there are tons of ways to flavor it according to your taste and the main dish you’re serving it with. Here are some ideas for you:
- Lemon zest or juice to finish.
- Red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- Minced ginger for an Asian flair (if you love this idea, see my sauteed bok choy).
- Drizzle your parmesan roasted broccoli in balsamic reduction or glaze to finish.
- Mix in other veggies, particularly ones that will roast in the same amount of time, like roasted cauliflower, roasted butternut squash, or roasted brussels sprouts.
How to Make Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Not much to it! Here’s how to make parmesan roasted broccoli in just a few easy steps:
- Toss your broccoli and garlic in oil.
- Spread out onto a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parmesan, and toss to coat.
Tips For The Best Broccoli
Want to avoid mushy broccoli? Love those caramelized edges? Here’s how to get your parmesan roasted broccoli perfect every time:
- Cut your broccoli into even sized pieces so they roast in the same amount of time.
- Make sure your broccoli is FULLY dry before tossing it in oil.
- Make sure the tops are well coated in oil, as they burn most easily. Feel free to add more oil if necessary.
- Don’t overcrowd your broccoli on the baking sheet, if needed, use 2 baking sheets to spread the broccoli out so air can fully circulate around your roasted vegetables.
Storing + Reheating Tips
A quick reheat in the microwave is all you need to warm these leftovers, however, you can reheat them in the oven and sprinkle them with additional parm. Store broccoli in an airtight container.
Creative Leftover Ideas
Reheating leftovers is easy–but if you’re looking for a totally different way to enjoy them, here are some ideas for you:
- Eggs – Toss them into an egg scramble, omelet, egg muffins, or frittata.
- Sauce – Heat your favorite sauce to pour over grilled chicken and parmesan roasted broccoli.
- Pasta – Heat, and twirl into pasta or your favorite pasta sub, like zucchini noodles.
- Grains – Serve warm over a bed of grains with extra cheese on top and your favorite vinaigrette.
- Mash – Like a green version of mashed cauliflower.
More Easy Roasted Veggies
- Oven Roasted Zucchini
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Chips
- How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Roasted Onions
Parmesan Roasted BroccoliPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 pound broccoli cut into even florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly Parmesan grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, option to line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Place broccoli on prepared baking sheet, and sprinkle evenly with garlic. Drizzle with olive oil then spread into a single layer on your baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake in preheated oven until the broccoli is slightly crisp, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from the oven. While still hot, sprinkle with parmesan and toss to coat. Serve warm, and enjoy!