These deviled eggs with bacon will SAVE you the next time you need to bring an appetizer to a party (holiday-themed or not), want to make a fun snack, or need an easy, low carb breakfast on the go! These are the perfect, little low carb snacks to give you that oomph of protein to fill you up and take on the day!
Bacon makes these off the charts irresistible!!!
These deviled eggs are one of my most requested low carb recipes and my go-to for foolproof, healthy recipes! People will want to know your deviled egg secrets! Let’s dive in…
My top reasons for LOVING these deviled eggs are:
- They’re rich, creamy perfection with a satisfyingly salty topping. It’s a flavor bomb that no one can resist!
- In under 40 minutes, you can hard boil these babies, whip up the filling and pop one of these sweet deviled eggs with bacon into your mouth! It can be even faster if you already have boiled eggs ready to go!
- Insanely eaaaaaaaaaasy to make!
- Switch up the flavors to your liking or to cater to special dietary or lifestyle needs for you and others! These are currently low carb and keto friendly!
Get that water boiling and read up on everything you need to know to make these deviled eggs with bacon!
A classic traditional deviled egg is usually made with mayo — If you choose to make my recipe with mayonnaise, just know that one tablespoon of mayo has a decent amount of calories (and fat).
To lighten things up a bit (if you’re interested)… sub the mayo calories for Greek yogurt (plain, nonfat), there are only 146 total calories and 7.9 carbs in an entire 7-ounce container! Not only are you getting a deeeelish treat that’s low in calories and carbs but you’re also getting a healthy dose of calcium, potassium and vitamin A!
(I can’t taste the difference!!)
If you can’t store them all in your belly (hah), you can store any leftovers in the fridge. They’ll be good in there for a couple of days but they’re best when made fresh.
Can You Freeze them?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing your hard boil eggs.
If you have leftover deviled eggs with bacon that you want to use up, you have options! Here are my favorite ways to use up the leftovers:
- Chop them up to make a deviled eggs with bacon sandwich. Add lettuce, extra dill and your fave quality bread or a croissant if you’re feeling fancy! If you’re not in the mood for bread (or carbs), simply spread a heaping dollop or two into lettuce cups! Ahh, so refreshing for summertime!
- Toss them in a potato salad or into your favorite pasta salad to jazz it up!
- Add them into a salad to make a spin-off Cobb salad or any salad for that matter. Pro tip: they would be extra delicious in a salad with low carb ranch dressing!
- Mix them into a breakfast casserole with potatoes, cheddar cheese, and milk to create a better, easy breakfast or brunch!
- Slice them onto avocado toast for some extra flavor! Add arugula and tomatoes!
Meal Prepping Tips
You can prep the eggs ahead of time by hard boiling them in advance.
Just don’t mix the filling and eggs too far in advance. Store them in separate, airtight Tupperware until you are ready to serve (and devour) them.
If there’s one thing to know about me, please know that I LOVE variations, switching things up and making all my recipes work for YOU. Check out below to find what caters best to you:
What Other Toppings I Can Add?
Toppings are king, use what you have and what you LOVE on these deviled eggs with bacon!
There’s nothing, I repeat, NOTHING better than deviled eggs with relish to get your taste buds buzzing! Or, if you’re looking for something spicy, wake up your taste buds with my jalapeno deviled eggs!
You can truly add whatever you like though…
Some additional, creative options are: paprika, chives, cilantro, parsley, dill, rosemary, smoked salmon, Serrano ham or diced ham, crab, green, black or Kalamata olives, radishes, black sesame seeds, Sriracha, capers, pickles, relish, salt and pepper, etc. Use up alllllll your flavor-enhancing spices, meats, veggies, and herbs to your delight!
How Can I Make These Healthier?
Make these deviled eggs with bacon healthier by swapping out the mayo or Greek yogurt for avocado to make my creamy, avocado deviled eggs! Guacamole deviled eggs make for the ultimate healthy breakfast or appetizer!
How Can I Make These Spicy?
Wanting a bit more heat?! Pump it up with these spicy deviled eggs to get your pulse racing!
Can I Turn These Deviled Eggs Into A Salad?
Yes, you can absolutely turn my deviled eggs with bacon into a mouthwatering, deviled egg salad. Just chop up the deviled eggs and add them to any lettuce (arugula, butter, romaine, iceberg, etc.) with any vegetables (bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.), add the salad dressing and enjoy!
What Are Creative Ways To Serve These During Holidays?
Ooooh, I LOVE the holidays and I reeeeally love a creative food situation with a theme!
Try out my Halloween deviled eggs or my classic Easter deviled eggs to get into the holiday food-themed spirit! Discover some of your own too! Let your creative juices flow!
Deviled Eggs With Bacon
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Low Carb Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon
- 2 Tablespoon Chives chopped
- 1/4 Cup Bacon cooked + crumbled
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Cover eggs with 1 1/2” of water in a large saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Set aside, and allow the eggs to cook like this for 18 minutes.
- While cooking, prepare a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Remove eggs from the saucepan into the bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon.
- Allow them to chill for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks from each egg and place it inside a large bowl.
- Add low carb Greek yogurt (or mayo), mustard, chives, bacon, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to add egg yolk combo to the center of each egg white.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives, and enjoy!
Can’t get enough deviled eggs recipes?! Try these killer recipes to satisfy all your egg cravings! They are EGGcelent and the world’s best deviled eggs, if I do say so myself!
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
- Smoked Deviled Eggs
Once you try them, these deviled eggs with bacon will be your new fave way to eat them! Give them a whirl and comment below on how you liked them! Can’t wait to hear what you think!!