Keto deviled eggs make for the ultimate low carb snacks!
They’re jam packed with protein, full of flavor, and come together in a snap. Trust me when I tell you this: keto deviled eggs are one of the nearly no carb foods, that’re so satisfying and full of flavor, you’ll forget you’re eating low carb!
They make for awesome low carb meal prep, and stash perfectly in the fridge, so you always have have low carb breakfasts, lunches, and snacks at the ready.
So get that water boiling and let’s make some deviled eggs!
How to Make Keto Deviled Eggs
Keto deviled eggs are super easy to make, and don’t require any fancy kitchen tools. Here’s how you throw them together:
1. Carefully place the eggs in a single layer in a large saucepan, and cover them with an inch and a half of water. You’ll want to use cold water, as it contains less impurities than hot water.
Bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it with a lid. Set the saucepan aside and allow the eggs to cook this way for 18 minutes.
2. Prepare a large bowl with cold water and ice. After the 18 minutes have passed, use a slotted spoon to remove the hard boiled eggs from the saucepan and place them into the ice water bowl.
3. Allow the eggs to cool for a minute or two, then remove from the bowl of cold water and begin to peel them.
I find this is easiest to do by tapping the egg on the counter all along the surface. Then finding an edge and peeling the rest of the shell off. Or, try one of these super cool egg peeling tricks.
4. Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
5. Use a spoon to gently remove the yolk from each egg. Place the egg yolks into a large bowl, then mash them up with the back of a fork.
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
6. Add the rest of the keto deviled eggs ingredients to the mashed egg yolk bowl. Stir everything together until the egg yolks become creamy and everything is smoothly combined.
7. Scoop the keto deviled eggs filling into each of the egg whites.
Feel free to top your keto deviled eggs with any additional bacon crumbs or diced chives.
How to Store These Deviled Eggs
Store these deviled eggs in the fridge in an air take container. I love having a batch at the ready for low carb lunches and low carb snacks on the go!
How to Eat Easy Deviled Eggs
These easy deviled eggs are so tasty, I usually just eat them on their own! But if you’d like to turn this into bigger low carb meals, here are a few serving tips:
- Serve keto deviled eggs as low carb appetizers for your next get together along with strips of bacon.
- Serve these keto deviled eggs over a few slices of low carb bread for hearty low carb lunch ideas.
- Prepare a container full of keto deviled eggs and stash them in the fridge, that way you always have low carb snack ideas at the ready.
Classic Deviled Eggs For Meal Prep
Meal prep is key for any low carb eating plan – and these classic deviled eggs are a perfect recipe for the job!
Place portioned out servings of these keto deviled eggs into your best meal prep containers. If you plan to eat these with almond flour bread, package them up separately so the toast doesn’t get soggy.
Are These Paleo Deviled Eggs?
Why yes, these are in fact Paleo deviled eggs! If you’re sticking to paleo foods, be sure to use paleo approved mayonnaise and bacon for your keto deviled eggs.
How to Make Deviled Eggs A Few Different Ways
Great news, this keto deviled eggs recipe is super easy to modify and customize into your very own tasty treat! Here’s how to make deviled eggs using some additional low carb shopping list items:
Deviled Eggs With Bacon
Bacon is the ultimate of low carb foods. It makes everything taste better!
I used bacon in the recipe below, but if you reaaaaally love bacon, why not double or triple the amount? Throw whatever amount you’re craving into these deviled eggs with bacon.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
In lieu of mayonnaise / low carb Greek yogurt, try mashing up an avocado and using that for creamy flavor instead. It’ll add a funky color to your avocado deviled eggs, but you’ll love taste and added nutrients.
Deviled Egg Salad
Another idea, is to chop the egg whites into bite sized pieces and mix them together with the other keto deviled eggs ingredients. Now you have a super tasty deviled egg salad, which is crazy delicious served over toast or wrapped in lettuce.
Deviled Eggs Without Mayo
TBH, I usually make my deviled eggs without mayo by simply substituting it for low carb Greek yogurt — using the same ratio and it yields the same creaminess. Low carb yogurt will add a few grams of protein and carbs to these keto deviled eggs.
If you’re wondering about flavor differences: my family and I can’t taste the difference!
Keto Deviled Eggs Recipe
Whoop whoop! Let’s make some keto deviled eggs! I can’t wait to hear whatcha think about this recipe, let me know in the comments below how/when you guys ate these! For lunches, for snacks, for breakfast? Enjoy!
Keto Deviled Eggs
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Low Carb Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon
- 2 Tablespoon Chives chopped
- 1/4 Cup Bacon cooked + crumbled
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Cover eggs with 1 1/2” of water in a large saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Set aside, and allow the eggs to cook like this for 18 minutes.
- While cooking, prepare a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- Remove eggs from the saucepan into the bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon.
- Allow them to chill for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs.
- Cut each egg in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yolks from each egg and place it inside a large bowl.
- Add low carb Greek yogurt (or mayo), mustard, chives, bacon, cayenne pepper and salt and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to add egg yolk combo to the center of each egg white.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives, and enjoy!