They’re incredible (and I mean incredible) on a slice of toasted bread or wrapped in a lettuce leaf. We absolutely can’t get enough, so here it is!
Can I Add Anything Else?
Absolutely! This recipe is easy to tweak based on your favorite egg salad mix ins. Consider:
- Mixing in cooked and crumbled bacon, like the bacon deviled eggs.
- Using a different type of cheese, although keep the parmesan as that’s what makes things crispy.
- Other mix ins like fresh dill, capers, etc.
- Adding some spice with jalapenos (like these spicy deviled eggs or jalapeno popper deviled eggs).
How to Eat Crispy Egg Salad
Eat your crispy egg salad as you would traditional egg salad:
- On its own, with a fork.
- Over a toasted slice of bread.
- In lettuce wraps, I prefer butter lettuce for this.
Watch How to Make Crispy Egg Salad:
- Pack using a measuring cup to form the patties. Otherwise your crispy egg salad cakes can fall apart when they hit the pan.
- Don’t crisp too long, this will make the cheese too melty, and prevent the cakes from staying together. You want to get your pan super hot, so all you need is a quick sear on each side.
- Save time with store bought hard boiled eggs. They’re cooked perfectly and typically last a while in the fridge. Be sure to read labels carefully to ensure no preservatives have been added for a yucky taste.
More Egg Recipes to Love
Crispy Egg SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/2 cup low moisture mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup green onions minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of both salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop and shape the egg salad. Flatten and mend into round discs and set aside on a plate.
- Heat your pan over high heat, and spray with cooking oil. Once the pan is super hot, sear each side of your egg salad cakes until golden, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate and continue until you’ve seared everything.
- Serve over butter lettuce leaves or on a toasted slice of bread, and enjoy!