Just like mac and cheese, but comes together in just a few short minutes, this cheesy cauliflower rice is about to be your new favorite low carb rice. One pan, 6 ingredients, riced caulifower has never tasted this good!
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
The Keto Cheese Sauce
What’s not to love about melty cheddar and cream cheese sauce?! Here’s what you’ll need and some potential swaps:
- Cream cheese.
- Milk or heavy cream, for the lowest carb option, opt for heavy cream.
- Cheddar cheese, although any meltable cheese will do. Think pepper jack, swiss, or mozzarella.
- Plus some butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Want some spice? We always add a jalapeno or 2 to our keto queso, so feel free.
Other Low Carb Rice Options
If cauliflower rice isn’t your thing, there are plenty of veggies you can grate or food process into rice grains, and this cheese sauce will go with just about anything.
- Broccoli rice
- Miracle rice–not my favorite option but give them a whirl for yourself! (Psst–I prefer to dry fry my shirataki noodles before adding a sauce)
- Cabbage rice
- Shredded zucchini, sort of like zucchini noodles but made using a box grater.
- Spaghetti squash, less of a rice, more of a noodle. But still a great option.
How to Make Keto Cheesy Cauliflower
This cheesy cauliflower rice comes together in a matter of minutes. To get this on the table in a matter of minutes, here’s all you’ll need to do:
- Saute the garlic in melted butter.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook until slightly soft. Psst: this is when you can prevent soggy cauliflower rice recipes–cooking your rice for too long guarantees mushy low carb rice.
- Add all remaining keto cheese sauce ingredients and stir together as everything melts and coats the cheesy cauliflower.
See how to make this Cheesy Cauliflower Rice on TikTok.
This riced cauliflower is the perfect side dish to serve alongside hearty main dishes–think BBQ’d meets (Oh! And get my keto BBQ sauce for dipping!). We also love it with my pan seared salmon or Peruvian chicken for a little yin and yang.
Storing, Reheating, + Freezing
This dish makes for great meal prep–it’s easy to work up a big batch of cheesy cauliflower rice and serve it as a side all week long. Here’s how:
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, with a side of chives, please.
- Reheat in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top.
- I don’t recommend freezing this dish, cream cheese doesn’t hold up well when frozen.
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes
Cheesy Cauliflower RicePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- 2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- chives chopped
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter until it starts to bubble. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat in the butter. Cook until the cauliflower becomes tender, about 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the cream cheese, milk or heavy cream, and cheddar cheese. Remove from heat as soon as everything has incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Sprinkle with chives before serving, and enjoy!