My sweet tooth has been making its presence known lately, and I can’t think of a better way to satisfy it than with these keto gummy bears!
They hit all the candy-craving marks, with a sweet or sour option and the firm gummy bear consistency we’ve all grown to love. You can even make different colors if you want to! I could eat these things all day, and at 1 net carb per 25, this has got to be one of the best low carb dessert ideas ever!
It can be difficult to incorporate low carb snack ideas into your low carb meal plan when you have a sweet tooth to tame. Fear not! Add these little keto gummy bears to your low carb food list and your problem is solved!
Using keto fruits and keto sweeteners makes this one of the best guilt-free low carb desserts ever! It always helps to have low carb foods that you can just grab and go or dress up for a special low carb snacks occasion — but these scrumptious keto gummy bears definitely fit the bill!
Now that your mouth is watering, let’s get started!
How to Make Keto Gummy Bears
Making these awesome keto gummy bears only takes about 20 minutes, and you probably already have the ingredients on your low carb shopping list!
Don’t let the lack of a gummy bear mold discourage you from making these delightful little keto gummy bears — you can simply pour the mixture into a 9×13 glass casserole dish and cut your gummies into squares! I assure you, they’ll taste every bit as fantastic as a bear-shaped gummy!
Prep the keto gummy bears.
Combine your chosen berries and water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer — this allows them to soften and break down.
Be sure to use a gentle simmer as you heat the ingredients in the saucepan by applying medium-low heat. This means you’ll achieve soft, gentle bubbling in the pot. Avoid over-heating and boiling the ingredients, which is easy to do if you aren’t careful!
Add the erythritol and Vitamin C powder to the berry mixture.
Transfer ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. You can always use an immersion blender for this, but taking this extra step with a traditional blender ensures an even smoother mixture.
Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat slowly to a gentle simmer. Stir in the gelatin and smooth out the clumps.
Pro Tip: Pour the gelatin in, little by little, and break up any clumps by pressing them into the bottom of the saucepan with your rubber spatula. Just be sure to stir frequently so you don’t end up with burnt gelatin on the bottom of your pan.
Forming the keto gummy bears.
Place the gummy bear molds (if you have them) on a baking sheet for easy transport.
Scoop the mixture into the molds with a ¼ cup measuring cup to help control overflow. You can also use the eyedropper tool that comes with the molds, but it’s so small it makes the job very tedious — plus, since we’re using berries, the seeds tend to get stuck in the eye dropper, making it a huge hassle!
I like to scrape the top of the molds with something flat, such as the top of my spatula, to clean up the keto gummy bears.
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the keto gummy bears pop out of the molds easily.
Enjoy your delicious keto gummy bears or toss them in the sour coating:
For the Sour Coating:
Combine the sour coating ingredients in a small bowl or a jar with a lid, and toss the beautiful keto gummy bears into the mix until they’re evenly coated.
Enjoy sour keto gummy bears immediately, as the sour coating will dissolve over time.
Sugar Free Gummy Bears Ingredients
Now that you have gummy bears dancing through your mind, there are a few important ingredient notes that make this sugar free gummy bears recipe come together.
Adding erythritol to this sugar free gummy bears recipe sweetens it up without adding any calories. (Bonus!)
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol — anyone who’s cooked with it, probably knows that it tends to re-crystalize as it cools, potentially giving your low carb dishes a gritty or crunchy texture. This simply will not work for our sugar free gummy bears! Keep your little keto gummy bears ever-so sweet and smooth with confectioners erythritol instead.
Finding powdered erythritol in the store can be tricky — I typically buy Swerve confectioners on Amazon (if you’re cooking a lot of low carb recipes for dessert, it REALLY comes in handy!).
You can also make your own confections at home by throwing regular erythritol in a blender or food processor for a few seconds. Just be sure to let the dust settle before removing the lid, as the powder becomes totally airborne before it settles!
Vitamin C Powder.
Using Vitamin C powder adds a little sour punch to our keto gummy bears. Pucker up! Powdered Vitamin C is ascorbic acid that’s derived from natural foods and citrus fruits. Using it in your candy recipes gives you some health benefits along with a sharp, sour taste that balances the sweet flavor of the erythritol.
The gelatin makes these keto gummies, well, gummies! It can be expensive, I like to buy this ingredient in bulk on Amazon.
Low Carb Candy Variations
Tweaking this low carb candy recipe is easy! Here are a few potential swaps:
- Use whatever low carb fruits you have on hand. Keep in mind, berries tend to be the lowest in carbs.
- Berries contain small seeds that can be really hard to get out of your mixture — opting for fruit powder eliminates this problem and gives you smooth, pretty candy that tastes great. I always make these with real fruit, as it’s less ingredients to buy, and I prefer less processed low carb foods — personally, I don’t mind the little seeds in these keto gummies.
- For a sweeter candy, swap the Vitamin C powder for a splash of lemon juice instead.
Storing This Keto Candy
This light-hearted keto candy keeps best in the fridge. Store it in an air-tight container to keep all the yummy goodness inside!
Pro Tip: I like to stash some in the freezer for easy low carb meal prep! It’s so satisfying to know that I have some of these little guys ready to go at the drop of a hat.
More Low Carb Gummies
If you’re like me, and you need a little something sweet between low carb meals, then you might want to check out some of my other gummy recipes! They’re great because you can enjoy a small portion (instead of reaching for an entire slice of low carb brownies when your sweet tooth is hollering!).
- Sugar Free Gummy Bears – uses powdered drink mix instead of fresh fruit.
- Low Carb Gummies – uses coconut milk, for a higher fat and creamier texture.
Keto Gummy Bears Recipe
These keto gummy bears are the perfect little tasty treat to have around. Try them for yourself and tell me what you think in the comments below!
Keto Gummy Bears
- 2 Teaspoons Erythritol granular
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vitamin C Powder
- Add berries and water to a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer, allowing the berries to soften and break down.
- Add erythritol and vitamin C powder.
- Use an immersion blender*, or transfer ingredients to a blender, to smooth the out the the gummies. Blend until completely smooth. If using a blender, return ingredients back to your saucepan.
- Bring mixture back to a gentle simmer, and stir in the gelatin. This will clump, I find the best way to get the clumps out is to pour a little powder in at a time, then break up any clumps by pressing them into the bottom of your saucepan with a rubber spatula.
- Place the gummy bear molds** on a baking sheet (this makes them easier to transfer).
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop the mixture on top of the molds, then spread the mixture into each of the molds. Alternatively, you can use the eyedropper tool that comes with you molds, but I find this to be REALLY tedious!
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until the gummies pop out of the molds easily.
- Enjoy as is, or coat the gummies in sour coating***:
- Combine the sour coating ingredients in a small bowl or jar, and toss your gummies in.
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blod is strictly prohibited.