My sweet tooth has been making its presence known lately, and I can’t think of a better way to satisfy it than with these keto gummy bears!
They hit all the candy-craving marks, with a sweet or sour option and the firm gummy bear consistency we’ve all grown to love. You can even make different colors if you want to! I could eat these things all day, and at 1 net carb per 25, this has got to be one of the best low carb dessert ideas ever!
It can be difficult to incorporate low carb snack ideas into your low carb meal plan when you have a sweet tooth to tame. Fear not! Add these little keto gummy bears to your low carb food list and your problem is solved!
Using keto fruits and keto sweeteners makes this one of the best guilt-free low carb desserts ever! It always helps to have low carb foods that you can just grab and go or dress up for a special low carb snacks occasion — but these scrumptious keto gummy bears definitely fit the bill!
Now that your mouth is watering, let’s get started!
How to Make Keto Gummy Bears
Making these awesome keto gummy bears only takes about 20 minutes, and you probably already have the ingredients on your low carb shopping list!
Don’t let the lack of a gummy bear mold discourage you from making these delightful little keto gummy bears — you can simply pour the mixture into a 9×13 glass casserole dish and cut your gummies into squares! I assure you, they’ll taste every bit as fantastic as a bear-shaped gummy!
Sugar Free Gummy Bears Ingredients
Now that you have gummy bears dancing through your mind, there are a few important ingredient notes that make this sugar free gummy bears recipe come together.
Adding erythritol to this sugar free gummy bears recipe sweetens it up without adding any calories. (Bonus!)
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol — anyone who’s cooked with it, probably knows that it tends to re-crystalize as it cools, potentially giving your low carb dishes a gritty or crunchy texture. This simply will not work for our sugar free gummy bears! Keep your little keto gummy bears ever-so sweet and smooth with confectioners erythritol instead.
Finding powdered erythritol in the store can be tricky — I typically buy Swerve confectioners on Amazon (if you’re cooking a lot of low carb recipes for dessert, it REALLY comes in handy!).
You can also make your own confections at home by throwing regular erythritol in a blender or food processor for a few seconds. Just be sure to let the dust settle before removing the lid, as the powder becomes totally airborne before it settles!
The gelatin makes these keto gummies, well, gummies! It can be expensive, I like to buy this ingredient in bulk on Amazon.
Low Carb Candy Variations
Tweaking this low carb candy recipe is easy! Here are a few potential swaps:
- Use whatever low carb fruits you have on hand. Keep in mind, berries tend to be the lowest in carbs.
Storing This Keto Candy
This light-hearted keto candy keeps best in the fridge. Store it in an air-tight container to keep all the yummy goodness inside!
Pro Tip: I like to stash some in the freezer for easy low carb meal prep! It’s so satisfying to know that I have some of these little guys ready to go at the drop of a hat.
More Low Carb Gummies
If you’re like me, and you need a little something sweet between low carb meals, then you might want to check out some of my other gummy recipes! They’re great because you can enjoy a small portion (instead of reaching for an entire slice of low carb brownies when your sweet tooth is hollering!).
- Sugar Free Gummy Bears – uses powdered drink mix instead of fresh fruit.
- Low Carb Gummies – uses coconut milk, for a higher fat and creamier texture.
Keto Gummy Bears Recipe
These keto gummy bears are the perfect little tasty treat to have around. Try them for yourself and tell me what you think in the comments below!
Keto Gummy BearsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add strawberry powder, water, and erythritol to a small saucepan and whisk as you bring contents to a simmer. Taste and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Reduce heat in the pan and stir in gelatin 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir until it completely dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Place the gummy bear molds* on a baking sheet (this makes them easier to transfer).
- Once everything has melted together, use the eyedropper tool to pour gummies into the mold. If the gummies start to set, you may need to reheat slightly or add a touch of water (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until the gummies pop out of the molds easily and enjoy!